PDA

View Full Version : Kershaw CCPS

Rick_htm
02-21-2005, 05:07 PM
Congrats to all. We had a good clean race in slick conditions. We had a quite few rookies in the group as well. After watching the national guys slip and slide all day I think we more than held our own. Anyone who hasn't run with the Carolina Cup should give it a try at VIR next month.

Rick Harbaugh
ITS 72

iambhooper
02-21-2005, 11:52 PM
Everyone in the field was very impressive in the slick conditions. When it started raining again, I just knew we were going to see some interesting sights out at 6. (i'm the corner worker you met that was working station 6) where you struggled at times with your car setup, in the dry, the rain seemed to help you with your line and speed. you had a good run, sorry i didn't get to drop by impound, but we wanted to get back to Greensboro.

i will be at VIR, but not as a flagger. i will be driving the white ITC Honda CRX. See ya there!

------------------
hoop
Greensboro, NC
White ITC Honda CRX
Region 55

[This message has been edited by iambhooper (edited February 21, 2005).]

Catch22
02-22-2005, 12:11 AM
I'm running the SARRC race in ITC at VIR Hoop, join me. There should be several ITC cars there.

Living in South Georgia, I just can't see making the long trips for CCPS races because there are currently typically only 1 or 2 ITC cars in those races. A 22 hour round trip tow to VIR to race against myself would kind of suck.
If the series grows and starts to get 5ish ITC cars on average, I'll start running it.

iambhooper
02-22-2005, 08:30 AM
I don't think I will be running in the SARRC race. I would like to run the SARRC, but bang for the buck just isn't there for me. I lost a lot of seat time last year, trying to get the Fiat running. Now that I have a new car, I expect to get a lot of seat time, and I need to maximize that.

------------------
hoop
Greensboro, NC
White ITC Honda CRX
Region 55

Rick_htm
02-22-2005, 09:30 AM
hoop,
Thank you and all the corner workers who braved the elements so we could play. You guys and gals are the best. It was slick but everyone kept there heads and drove smart. It's a good series. I hope the word spreads and the numbers grow. See ya at VIR.

murphyd
02-22-2005, 12:07 PM
Hey catch22 if you going to be at VIR anyway why not maximize your track time and run both the CCPS and the SARRC. I realize it's a little more wear and tear ont car, tires etc... but its a lot of good seat time that could help you in the SARRC. Also, if all ITC drivers wait until the fields get larger to join they will never get larger. Help be a trend setter!! http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

------------------
David Murphy
Murphy Motorsports
ITS 240sx
www.murphymotorsports.net

Parrish57
02-27-2005, 12:19 AM
I'd like to echo those thoughts. Thanks to all of the workers who put on the race. And an ataboy to the drivers who ran clean. Hoop is absolutly right about how the rain changed your car, Rick. I'd like to know what setup you had so I can copy it next time it rains! As for me, I made a bad tire choice but really enjoyed racing hard with Rex. See you at VIR!

Steve ITS 57
P.S. Hey Rick, since the race was the same day as that big race down in Daytona I was thinking we should adopt their tradition and put the winners car in the CMP museum for a year. What do ya think?