PDA

View Full Version : Spec Tire for IT7

Hammer
02-08-2005, 09:09 PM
Does anyone know the outcome of the Spec Tire proposal for IT7 that was to be discussed at the SEDIV meeting last month. If it passed, when does it go into effect.

Mike Spencer
02-08-2005, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Hammer:
Does anyone know the outcome of the Spec Tire proposal for IT7 that was to be discussed at the SEDIV meeting last month. If it passed, when does it go into effect.

It passed.

Goes into effect for the 2005 SIC.

------------------
Mike Spencer
NC Region
ITA/7 RX-7 #60
1990 RX-7 Convertible (street car)

Hammer
02-09-2005, 06:26 PM
Does anyone know where the minutes or the decisions rendered at the SEDIV meeting are posted. Do decisions like this travel word of mouth or do they just pop up in the race supps.

wbp
02-09-2005, 08:38 PM
The SEDIV divisional class rules are posted on www.sedivracing.org (http://www.sedivracing.org). The 2005 update for Spec Miata was posted today but the IT7 tire rule wasn't posted yet. There is an address there if you wish to make a contact to get that corrected.

leegrx7
02-14-2005, 11:11 AM
A mailing to IT7 drivers in SEDiv that explains the adoption of the spec tire rule is being prepared as we electronicate.

YES the rule will be "phased-in" during the 2005 season----the spec tire will not be "required" until the 2005 SIC.

The vote from the drivers was overwhelmingly in favor of adopting the spec tire rule. The RE's of the division voted in similarly overwhelming porportions in favor of the IT& spec tire rule. More details will be in fourthcomming mailing.

Mike Guenther
02-14-2005, 11:57 AM
How does someone get onto the mailing list? Since I'm building an IT-7 car, I need to know what not to spend any money on, that I haven't already.