PDA

View Full Version : VIR ITB first lap.

plattoon59
05-14-2004, 08:00 AM
Just curious if any body saw what happened on the first lap at VIR Sat during the ITB race.
I (Black VW GTI ) was on the straight after corner 5B behind a 320 and 2002 BMW when someone punted me from behind off the track into the barrier.

vwpilot
05-14-2004, 12:07 PM
I was there shooting from the corner workers stand, but looking up track, where your incident happened behind me.

After seeing what happened in front of me and talking to the corner workers, who also did not see exactly what happened to you, I think something like the following happened.

Right near the corner workers stand a couple of cars got a little out of shape and a couple of others started to take evasive action. I think this might have been going on right behind you. There were a couple cars that came together side to side and then you ended up into the barrier.

This was happening from before the corner stand up to where you ended up. I did not see anything other than the first couple cars start to get out of shape right near the stand. I kept shooting up track. But then talking to the workers as they were trying to decide what had happened it sounded like it continued down track and you might have been hit by another car that was either taking evasive action or had been bumped by yet another car.

Sorry I cant be of more help, but thought I would let you know what I got from the whole thing. Good luck with figuring it out for sure.

------------------
Motorsports Imaging (http://www.motorsportsimaging.com) for all your motorsports photography needs
SpeedArena.com (http://www.speedarena.com)

sgallimo
05-14-2004, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by plattoon59:
... first lap at VIR Sat during the ITB race....Black VW GTI ...someone punted me from behind....

Give me the car number and I'll check my tape tonight.

------------------
-Scott Gallimore
-ITC #88 Pulsar

plattoon59
05-14-2004, 01:05 PM
Thanx

Originally posted by sgallimo:
Give me the car number and I'll check my tape tonight.