PDA

View Full Version : Daytona ECR Results

Chris Wire
05-02-2004, 10:56 PM
Thanks to all who those who ran the ITS/A/7 ECR group at Daytona today. With the exception of a full course yellow that cost a couple of laps before the green even flew (looked like an ITS Nissan lost a wheel) the race ran entirely under green.

Mike Flynn wheeled the Mercedes 190 to the win in ITS, and Mike Finn took a well-deserved win in ITA in his Nissan 240sx. At present, I don't know who got the win in IT7, although there were some very quick cars there. Sorry.

The field was relatively small compared with previous years, with a car count just over 50. While that left plenty of room to spread out, there were some very intense battles, and I enjoyed it immensely.

The Daytona ECR is always a blast, and this year was no exception. Congrats to all.

------------------
Chris Wire
Team Wire Racing
ITS Mazda RX7 #35
[email protected]

Mike Guenther
05-03-2004, 07:19 AM
Thank you to Mark Dana for taking the # 11 out for a spin and giving me an experienced evaluation of what I have under me. Maybe I shouldn't be selling this car. I might not be able to build a better one, I just have to learn how to drive better.
I appreciate your jumping in after you drove Rob's car. And you didn't even break a sweat. Hollywood, you're the man! Thanks

GKR_17
05-03-2004, 01:08 PM
We're waiting for the official results to be sure, but according to the Group 1 provisional results posted at tech, my brother and sister (sharing the #72 SM) were shorted a lap because of the black flag fiasco. I suspect this happened to everyone in the line of cars that pitted ahead of the pace car, look close to make sure this doesn't happen to you, too.

And then there are all of the cars that took their 5 minute stop on the same lap as the green flag (read the rules folks); if the results are audited correctly you will be penalized.

Grafton Robertson

Mazmarc
05-04-2004, 03:55 PM
Hey Mike, you are quite welcome. Your car is good. Needs fine tuning and attention to some small details, but its there. You should hang on to it and get more comfortable in it.

I would like to give a shout out to Greg Ira. What a great time racing with you and that old Z. Great job. And to Chris Brubaker. Too cool in Saturdays race and way to go in Sundays. Great racing with you. To bad about the axle, it was great fun while it lasted. I had you anyway.:> ))

------------------
Marc Dana
#63 ITS Mazda Rx-7
#77 STS BMW 325I

Chris Wire
05-04-2004, 11:10 PM
I would like to thank Richy Gonzalez for the opportunity to drive the Lamin-x Honda CRX in the first stint of Sunday's race. Can't wait to see the video! Lots of good, CLEAN racing was the order of the day. My only contact was a polite little bump draft one time into Nextel Turn 3. Other than that, not a scratch.

Now that window net on the other hand..... http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/wink.gif

Psssst...Hollywood (race ho), you're best move was Saturday in Victory Lane! Keep up the good work!

------------------
Chris Wire
Team Wire Racing
ITS Mazda RX7 #35
[email protected]

Richy Gonzalez
05-05-2004, 11:13 PM
I had a great time and to top it off, we came in second. I'm still on such a high from it. When you get do something you love with your friends and family, it simply doesn't get any better. First, I had all my friends pumping me up right before getting in the car and then having your brother give some calming but encouraging words, well let me just say that there is not a better feeling than that. And believe me when I tell you, I wasn't about to let no ITA car get around me http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

I just want to thank all the people that made the weekend what it was. Starting with my wife Sheila and kids Nyah and Miah, my brother Ray, Steve "Dad", Chris, Dave, Ernie and John Wilding, Nick, and everyone that was there that I forgot. Thanks!

------------------
Richy Gonzalez
GB Racing - #24 ITA CRX (http://groups.msn.com/TheGonzalezFamilyRichySheilaandNyah/projectitacrx.msnw)
LAMIN-X Protective Films (http://www.lamin-x.com)