PDA

View Full Version : Fellow ITS driver needs prayers

bilracer
04-06-2004, 01:06 PM
Everyone
I just received and email from David Spillman who runs ITS in the N.C. / S.C. area. He has 2 sons who run motorcross bikes and one of them has been seriously injured in a racing accident. I don't know many details except that he is in a coma. He has requested thoughts and prayers so I thought I would pass this along.

Billy Jones
ITA #4

jhill
04-08-2004, 08:55 PM
Billy:

I am really sorry to hear that.

Dirt bikes are really a great sport and hobby for kids to get involved in.

Can you hook me up with David's e-mail or mailing address or perhaps the Hospital where his son is being treated? I'd like to drop him a line also.

Our prayers are with his son along with David and his family.

Jeff

dspillrat
04-09-2004, 04:06 PM
Hi Guys,
Adam is showing steady vital signs, but still on breathing tube, ventilator or whatever the things called.

Will take time, and prayers.

david

Rick_htm
04-09-2004, 05:27 PM
David, Be strong my friend. Your family is in our thoughts and prayers.
Rick

dspillrat
04-10-2004, 01:04 PM
Jeff,
We're at Chapel Hill Pediatrics Intensive care unit....My Address is [email protected].
Have been be reading all emails and cards to Adam...Doctors say long process, lots of bruising/1-bloodclot showing in the C-scans.
Thanks Rick..... we're just now understanding the full picture, which in itself is not clear....we gotta be strong!

thanks
david

dspillrat
04-29-2004, 07:23 PM
Great stuff here in Chapel hill...
After 20 days..we finally got a hand squeeze and today 6 days later, Adam is writing, typing, reading,can carry his weight, but has some balance issuses that will take time for walking on his on..but at this pace he's on a incredible pace for complete recovery...doctors are surprised. Medicine and prayers can do wonders.

Sorry for the non racing post,just sharing with friends our progress.
Hope to be back on the track in a couple of months

thanks guys,
david spillman

racer14itc
04-29-2004, 10:52 PM
That's great news, David! It's a long road but I'm sure you and your son will get there just fine.

Take care,

Mark

------------------
Mark Coffin
#14 GP BSI Racing/Airborn Coatings/The Shop VW
Scirocco
Zephyr Race Coaching and Consulting
http://pages.prodigy.net/Scirocco14gp

dspillrat
05-01-2004, 10:01 AM
Hi Guys,
Quick update on my son Adam...after 3 weeks or so of no response we have enjoyed now about 6 days of incredible improvement. Talking, reading,writing,typeing...walking with a little help for balance.
Sorry for the non race content post,
Hmmm.... could address that by saying that there
might be a couple more "car" racers in the southeast next year.

I posted a update 2 days back, but hasn't appeared on the this list.

david spillman

tdw6974
05-01-2004, 08:08 PM
Great to hear David. Our best wishes for continued improvement.