PDA

View Full Version : July 10-11th ALA. REGION DOUBLE SARRC IS NOT CANCELLED

apexingsupra
04-29-2004, 09:47 PM
Just in case this rumor is somehow floating around with the IT crowd (have seen it on the SM forum) the Alabama Region's July 10th-11th Double SARRC at Barber is ON. It has never been cancelled or under threat of being cancelled. Apparently a few people have got their info a little mixed up. What did change is the Alabama Region did pull the plug on it corner worker program on NON-SCCA four wheeled events with current track management. We were not getting a fair shake from them and declined to participate in 2004. We are a customer instead and have a contract for our race weekend. Please help quash this rumor if you hear it. Thanks.
Barry Hair
Alabama Region RE.

slickS14
05-01-2004, 11:46 AM
Thanks for the clarification Harry. Does anyone know about the Daytona races? I heard and have read that the track is closed for infield remodeling immediately after the July Nextel Cup race...

------------------
Chris Newberry
#1 ITS - 240sx
Atlanta, GA

apexingsupra
05-01-2004, 01:26 PM
Thanks. My suggestion on the Daytona "rumor" is to contact the race chair of the region putting on the race. They will be happy to tell you yes it is true, no it is not. I have seen a post on the track going through rebuild but since I don't have first hand knowledge, I am not going to speculate. Go to www.sedivracing.org (http://www.sedivracing.org) to look up the region and to contact the race chair.
Barry H.