PDA

View Full Version : VIR Hotel Questions.

Tristan Smith
03-23-2004, 11:58 AM
Going to try to get to VIR for the March race. I was hoping you guys can recommend hotel accommodations in the area. The closer the better. Any Bed and Breakfasts nearby? Thanks in advance.

------------------
Tristan Smith
Buffalo's Southwest Cafe
ITA Nissan 240sx #56

tac911t
03-23-2004, 05:36 PM
March race? Do you mean the May SARRC/MARRS?

Look at the Drivers page on the NCR web site http://www.ncrscca.com/Drivers.htm it provides links to registration (when it opens) and information about places to stay.

Rt 58 is the main highway that runs into Danville. There is a new Sleep Inn on Rt 58 that is across the street from the Danville airport, that would be the closest hotel.

zracer22
04-10-2004, 01:03 AM
I second the Sleep Inn. I've stayed there twice for NASA events. Check with the region and/or hotel for a special rate. NASA always gets a $60 rate. Not bad for a new hotel that also has a free hot breakfast.

Parrish57
04-12-2004, 10:58 AM
Any Bed and Breakfasts nearby? Thanks in advance.

[/B][/QUOTE]
I don't know if this is timely or not but there is ( or was ) a bed and breakfast near the entrance to the track. It's the closest thing to VIR, about a mile and a half. It is ( or was ) called the Woodside Inn. I stayed there a few years ago. Since then it changed hands so I don't know if the name is the same. VIR should be able to help.