PDA

View Full Version : Moroso Hotels

Hammer
03-14-2004, 08:16 PM
Any suggestions on hotels near Moroso. My wife is going so I am looking for something decent. Thanks in advance

titanium
03-14-2004, 10:54 PM
Try Here:
http://www.morosomotorsportspark.com/hotels.html
Also, not on the list is the Farifield Inn on Indiantown Rd in Jupiter, 1 blk east of I95.
I have not stayed at any of these, since I live in Palm Beach Gardens, but my aunt and uncle have stayed at the Knights inn..they didnt complain. And, my brother-in-law will be staying at the Hampton Inn on the 20th of this month...
I'll post his review....
The only one on the list I would avoid is the Super 8.. bad neighborhood.
Rodney Williamson
#93 IT7
www.titaniummotorsports.com (http://www.titaniummotorsports.com)

its66
03-15-2004, 12:32 PM
Hammer,
Try that Fairfield Inn in Jupiter. It is much nicer than the Days Inn, etc. It isn't much more money. There are several restaurants near it (Applebee, RJGators, etc). Maybe I'll get ambitious and see ya there.
Did you find anything with the brakes?

Jim

Hammer
03-15-2004, 01:25 PM
ITS66

Now that you are in ITS, you must have moved up in income brackets. I tried the Fairfield in Jupiter and they are $149 a night. I have not looked at my car yet, but I think the brake fluid was old and boiled. The brakes are fine now. I am going to change the fluid this weekend. I have an entry in for Moroso, but I do not want to get killed on a hotel.

its66
03-15-2004, 11:53 PM
OUCH..Last time we stayed there was almost two years ago, but it was only $75-79/night. We have also stayed at the Best Western in Jupiter. It looks like they got proud too.

Mrs. Hammer might like that Seminole Inn that is advertised on Moroso's website. Mrs. 66 certainly liked the old place we stayed at in Sebring.

Let me know if you need a hand with those brakes or anything. Glad to help

Jim

Mattberg
03-16-2004, 12:54 PM
Inns of America. SCCA discount makes it something like $59.95 a night.

titanium
03-16-2004, 11:11 PM
I should probally post up to the General page, but I'll put it here first.
One way I have found to save money on hotel rooms when racing is by using a Travel Extras MasterCard as my main card. It offers travel rewards on any airline ticket, Alamo rental cars, and our subject, Marriott Hotels. (Fairfield Inn, Residence Inn, Courtyard, ect).
Whenever I have raced at Robeling Road, I have stayed at the Airport Fairfield Inn free by using my points. (even their room with the Jacuzzi in the room, not the bathroom, but the Main Room! is free)
Also, they now offer 'up to 45%' off any of the marriott chain without using points.
Of course, the trick, as with any 'rewards card', is pay the card in-full each month.
I just checked their website. They dont have a direct link to this specific card, but if you email them
[email protected]
(direct merchants credit card bank)
I'm sure they can mail you info.
Rodney Williamson
#93 IT7
www.titaniummotorsports.com (http://www.titaniummotorsports.com)

Green Flag Inc
03-17-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Hammer:
ITS66

Now that you are in ITS, you must have moved up in income brackets. I tried the Fairfield in Jupiter and they are $149 a night. I have not looked at my car yet, but I think the brake fluid was old and boiled. The brakes are fine now. I am going to change the fluid this weekend. I have an entry in for Moroso, but I do not want to get killed on a hotel.

Hotel rates in the West Palm/Jupiter area are always ridiculous this time of year, summertime it's dirt cheap but spring break and subzero Northern temps always drive up the Jan-March rates. Singer Island is a mere $250/night right now!

The new and improved #99its car will be making it's debut in Moroso so I'll see you all there.

------------------
Chris Brubaker
ITS #99 - CFR
[email protected]