PDA

View Full Version : Stolen racecar and trailer

Junktech
12-18-2003, 10:57 PM
Sometime between wednesday night and thursday morning, an enclosed trailer containing the #44 white ITA toyota corolla was stolen from SouthEast Toyota parking lot in Deerfield Beach Fl. The trailer is a white 22' enclosed with a big #44 on each side. The car is white with a red and white checkered design on both sides with panasport wheels. Please keep an eye out for any thing that may help the car be recovered.
or Steve Grant 407 467-7143
or e-mail me @ [email protected]

SilverHorseRacing
12-19-2003, 11:45 PM
I'm sorry to hear that, I'll be looking in my travels during my day job.

------------------
-Marcello Canitano
www.SilverHorseRacing.com (http://www.SilverHorseRacing.com)

Hotshoe
12-20-2003, 01:02 AM
Sorry to hear about that. I travel the East Coast all the time so if I see anything I'll be sure to let you know.

Rick Thompson
R&R Body Shop and Wrecker Service

chuck baader
12-20-2003, 07:38 PM
rick, you got your car fixed from the SIC yet? Chuck

Hotshoe
12-21-2003, 12:50 AM
Chuck:
Thanks for asking about my car. I have been having a pretty tough time with keeping things going at the shop. With ten other people relying on me to make a living, and with the economy the way it has been, it has left very little time for my hobby.
I hope to get a chance to do something to it after New Years. I have already stripped the car that I will be taking the front clip off of. I have to schedule it in the shop to pull and align the body because the trans tunnel is crushed from where the "A" pillar got drove in about 4".
I just got done with my last doctors visit and all the soreness is gone from the aftermath of the crash. It was amazing to me just how many places I had that got bruised. Even the top of my feet were black & blue from where I hit the brake and clutch pedals.
I should have gone to the hospital right after it happened but, I was so upset that I really did not feel anything until the next day. Then I found out that more than just the car got hurt. I wish someone that had more smarts than me at the time would have helped me out.
I guess it goes to show that we do not always know what is best for ourselves. I think they should make it manditory for a driver to get checked out by someone after a hard crash. Especially when you get hit hard enough that your car is not able to continue.
If I am not able to get it fixed in time for the race in March maybe you could let me rent your car??

Rick Thompson

chuck baader
12-21-2003, 10:52 AM
Rick, glad to hear all is well. It is amazing what a large amount of adrenlin will mask in the body. I would not have wanted to be you the next morning! Let's see, almost three months to work out the soreness....it only gets worse with age http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

I understand the business end of the rebuilding process, I think everyone who owns a business is pulling back somewhat. With 15 employees to be responsible for, we have also found it necessary to tighten our belts.

I assume you mean the March race at Road Atlanta? I plan on running that if the weather is almost decent. I just finished toasting my rain tires at Roebling last weekend, and don't really want to buy rains and slicks so soon in the year. I certainly hope to see ya'll there and wish ya'll a Merry Christmas....Chuck

JeffYoung
12-21-2003, 11:18 AM
Rick, I met you one time at VIR and saw the red car up close (including those incredibly cool brake lines you had). Beautiful car. I heard it got dinged at Roebling, didn't realize the car was beat up that bad, and that you had been hurt. Very sorry to hear all of that. That car was one of the best prepped cars I've seen.

My question: I put my car in the tire wall during the last few minutes of the CCPS race at VIR during that wet mess back at the end of October. I've got a few dented body panels, although the paint is not even broken. I've done all the "popping" out that I can, would like to get it in and have a shop with experience do the rest and don't mind driving an hour to give a racer my business (I'm in Raleigh).

You have any interest in the work, and if so what is your number?

Thanks Rick. Car is a 1980 TR8 by the way, unibody. I've got a spare shell if a new panel is needed but to my untrained eye they existing ones look salvageable.

Jeff Young

JeffYoung
12-21-2003, 11:19 AM
And Junktech, sorry about the thread jack. Over the next two weeks, I'm traveling to Richmond and Atlanta. If I see anything on the road that resembles this car/rig, I'll let you (and the police) know.

Jeff

Hotshoe
12-21-2003, 12:54 PM
First off....Sorry about the thread jump also. I did not mean for this to develope into another conversation and try to demean yours Junktech.

Jeff:
If you would like, just shoot me an Email at: [email protected] .I would be glad to help you get your car fixed. That is how I keep my bills paid and, I enjoy working on race cars more than street cars anyway.