PDA

View Full Version : Beating on the body

JeffYoung
11-02-2003, 01:42 AM
After a wet weekend at VIR, I've got a couple of good sized (basketball) dings on my car from two encounters with the tire wall. I've managed to pop the ones I could reach easily from inside out. However, the right front fender appears to be welded on as part of the unibody and I can't get behind it to push the panel out straight.

I'm in Raleigh -- anyone have any experience with someone who can straighten the fender without need for paint? No cracks in paint this time, and I'd really like to put get out of this without having to paint that corner of the car.

Thanks guys.

Tristan Smith
11-03-2003, 11:09 AM
Try a toilet plunger with some a light coating of vasoline. Then pull.

------------------
Tristan Smith
Buffalo's Southwest Cafe
ITA Nissan 240sx #56

Tristan Smith
11-03-2003, 11:10 AM
Try a toilet plunger with a light coating of vasoline around the edge (to better seal). Then pull.

------------------
Tristan Smith
Buffalo's Southwest Cafe
ITA Nissan 240sx #56

Tristan Smith
11-03-2003, 11:11 AM
sorry double post

JeffYoung
11-11-2003, 01:36 AM
Thanks Tristan, worked pretty good.

Jeff

Tristan Smith
11-11-2003, 12:04 PM
Exxxcelllent! (in your best Mr. Burn's voice)

------------------
Tristan Smith
Buffalo's Southwest Cafe
ITA Nissan 240sx #56

Fleetcare
11-11-2003, 02:41 PM
another thing youc an try is go to harbor freight or somewhere that sells a sodding big magnet.. One that has the release as well. They are usually used for movie sheetmetal etc..

Then you get those jar openers.. One of the local church puts them in my mailbox about 3 times a year.
PLace the jar opener over the dent. And attack the magnet and pull. 99% of the time it works.

I also bought the "ding king" as seen on TV.. works for teh smalled dings!
Ebay is your friend if you want one! Or if your near marietta you can borrow mine!