PDA

View Full Version : Tricycle races!!!!!

titanium
10-09-2003, 09:45 PM
From the "why didn't I think of this last month department!"
I am putting this topic up in the hope that someone else will pick up the ball and run with it.
I was watching TV tonight and saw grown men racing on tricycles! I thought It would be neat to have a benifit tricycle race for the Candlelighters Kids at Sebring!
No, I dont mean take a wheel off you IT car and try a lap at Sebring. We have all seen that and it dosent work very well.
I mean have us race car drivers pay an "entry fee" of, say fifty dollars. We get provided with a tricycle, (need someone to donate them) and a cone course, and may the best man win! No classes, No "senior" or "junior" classes. Just put up yer money, get on the trike, and race. (In full race gear with helmet, of course) All the proceeds go to charity, and the winner gets a trophy with a gold trike on top!
And to make it a tradition, he has to give the trophy to the next years winner.
I know it would be next to impossible to pull this off in the next ten days, but, here's a thought, we could do it at the Thanksgiving race. Mabey even bring your own tricycle and donate it to toys-for-tots, or a similiar organization after the race!!!!!!
Thats it for now. Like I said, I am putting this out there and hope someone else likes it and will run with it. My plate is full. Tammy is due in about 6 or 7 weeks, and I wont be racing again till next year.
Oh, if it happens, pleezzze, mount a video camara on the handle bars!!!
Rodney Williamson
#93 IT7
www.titaniummotorsports.com (http://www.titaniummotorsports.com)

Mike Cox
10-10-2003, 08:20 AM
All I can say is: "let's get it on". Of course after the tricycle race we would have to at least swing across a pit of water with a velcro suit on and try to stick to a wall.

Which reminds me of a CFR tradition of many years ago. In the mid 70's we used to race 3 wheeled go carts at a track in South Orlando and the winner received the "Fog Horn Leg Horn memorial trophy". Ok "old guys", any one else remember that?

or maybe that's a bad acid flashback.

Mike

gsbaker
10-10-2003, 11:38 AM
Contingency Sponsorship!

The company will pay the winner's entry fee, up to $50.

Now, if the winner is really creative and somehow gets us a photo of our product in use on the trike, we'll double that.

Remember, don't drink and drive--or pedal.

------------------
Gregg Baker
Isaac, LLC
[email protected]

Chris Eastwood
10-10-2003, 02:23 PM
I think that's a swell idea!!!!
Chris

titanium
10-10-2003, 03:29 PM
Do you think we could hold it on the Sebring skidpad and 'accidentially' turn on the water?
Rod

Mike Cox
10-10-2003, 08:41 PM
We need to recruit an announcer and a color analyst. Let's see, the name Clark Sprinkle comes to mind as the announcer but who could we get as a color analyst? Someone with plenty of racing experience, a class guy and someone with a great personality. Sorry Junktech, that leaves you out.....ROTFLMFAO.

And as for the course, let's see, 1.7 mile club course, most of our club will get winded walking around it so that's out. Ahhhhh, a .17 mile course laid out on pit road with a mandatory pit stop with the driver (rider) required to drink 1 beer. Off the trike of course.

Contingency sponsors, already have mine, the Acme Pace-maker company but will need to get Duracell to give me a lifetime supply of pace-maker batteries. After trying this stunt, I'll probably need a pace-maker.

So let's see if we can make this happen, if not this coming weekend, for the Turkey Trot, (that's a good name for the trike race) "THE TURKEY TRIKE MEMORIAL TROPHY DASH"

Great job Rodney, you done good my friend. We'll make you the honorary starter.

Should we have the stewards stand by for any protests that may arise from unauthorized modifications to the trikes.

Maybe even have some flaggers on the corners too.

More ideas anyone?

Mike

[This message has been edited by Mike Cox (edited October 10, 2003).]

ITA240
10-10-2003, 10:59 PM
Mike/ Rodney,
Love the idea, but how about "BIg Wheels" instead of tricycles. Doesn't that seem more fitting with our 17 turn 0.17 mile road course.

Now we just have to find Big Wheels that our strong enough for our ever increasing mass.

I'm not sure that I can be there, or I would jump in, take this ball and run with it. I would hat eto commit to organizing something like this, and not be able to complete the task though. IF I am there , I'll help or flag or "race". If I can't be there, and the event does happen, I'll donate a trike/big wheel or maybe I'l get the "trophy" made.

You both know how to find me, let me kow what I can do.

Jim
[email protected]