PDA

View Full Version : Fastest ITA/IT7 1st gen Mazda vrs Fastest H Production cars

ddewhurst
08-01-2003, 06:10 PM
Please post the fastest qualyfing & race times including by who for the ITA/IT7 1st gen Mazda RX-7 & the fastest times including by who at the same tracks for the fastest Regional & or National H Production car. Please don't include rain times but do include the year.
I could do the research myself except that you folks know your Division/Region webbsites much better than I do. My desire is to look at the data & try to determine if a 1st gen RX-7 car classed with Restricted Suspension, an IT motor, 2100 pounds & OEM transmission & OEM tranmission gears would be a fit in H Production.

For an example in year 2002 the fastest ITA/IT7 1st gen went 1:47.??? (if I found the fastest) at Mid Ohio & the fastest H Production H Prod car at thr Runoffs went 1:43.???. Will 280 pounds less weight & slicks make this 1st gen an overkill for the class? I understand I am looking at this in a simple manner. If the car would be an overkill please provide some facts.

Thank you
David Dewhurst

Mike Cox
08-01-2003, 10:04 PM
At the Feb. Regional on the Sebring Club Course the fastest HP was 1:25.4 and I ran a 1:22.8 with an IT7.

Only problem we had when the IT7's ran with the production cars was they didn't know what their mirrors were for.

Chris Eastwood
08-02-2003, 09:29 AM
mike,
SHOOT you mean I have to look in those. (jk)
Did you get the pep back in your car from may?
Chris Eastwood

Mike Cox
08-03-2003, 01:48 PM
Pep back in?

Would help if I would change the fuel filter every 2 years instead of every 3.

Lost both ignition coils at Daytona and the fuel filter clogged up. (ran out of fuel in qualifying at Sebring in Feb)

Replaced iginition system Before the June race at Sebring and changed the fuel filter on Sat night in June between races. Car ran as quick as Gig in Sunday morning's race so she's flying again.