PDA

View Full Version : MARRS 7

turboICE
07-27-2005, 02:28 PM
I am finally able to make an SCCA race.

Can the novice service requirement be filled in T&S? Yes I want to work in the A/C. http://ITForum.ImprovedTouring.com/wink.gif Should I contact the registrar about my assignment or someone else?

This will be my first SCCA race since finishing my schools at SP & LRP earlier this year. Though I have not been idle, running races with NASA during that time.

Other than what is in the supps - what do I need to do for paddock space? I understand it is a huge issue and want to contribute to it going smoothly rather than not. I have a tow vehicle, enclosed trailer and the car which all fits easily in the marked off spaces. I have frequently shared two marked off spaces among three race cars with no problems before. The trailer does need access to one of the 30amp service boxes though.

Also if anyone sees me lost during the weekend - it is probably just the heat - bonk me on the head and point me in the right direction.

------------------
Ed.
240SX ITA

[This message has been edited by turboICE (edited July 27, 2005).]

dave parker
07-27-2005, 02:44 PM
Ed
Yes you can work off you novice permit work sessions in T&S. They have really good food there as well as the A/C. Go to T&S and ask to speak with Jeanie Hoffman.

Contact your driver's rep, in this case Matthew Yip about the ITA corral or the "No Class" corral. You can find Matthew here, he will probably respond to this thread himself.

Good luck,and don't drive like me(or Ginsberg).

cheers
"dangerous" dave parker
wdcr ITC#97

cheers

[This message has been edited by dave parker (edited July 27, 2005).]

mgyip
07-27-2005, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by dave parker:
the "No Class" corral.

Ed,

Gregg copied me on your email exchange - I'll respond there. Be sure to stop in the woods to say "Hi" - we'll be the ones sitting around the lighted palm tree wearing grass skirts and coconut bras...

Haz-Matt

JamesB
07-27-2005, 09:03 PM
yeah, youll understand when you get there.

[This message has been edited by JamesB (edited July 27, 2005).]

Gregg
07-28-2005, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by JamesB:
No, he probably won't. :-P

[This message has been edited by Gregg (edited July 28, 2005).]

gwalsh
07-28-2005, 08:49 AM
"we'll be the ones sitting around the lighted palm tree wearing grass skirts and coconut bras..."

And people wonder why I don't road race anymore.

------------------
Gerry Walsh
Otto's Motorsport
2004 N.E. Division Enduro Champions

JamesB
07-28-2005, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Gregg:

No, he probably won't. :-P

[This message has been edited by Gregg (edited July 28, 2005).]

All too true. sometimes I dont understand I just keep going.

mgyip
07-28-2005, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by gwalsh:
And people wonder why I don't road race anymore.

And we're thankful... http://ITForum.ImprovedTouring.com/wink.gif

Are you going to be there for M7 or perhaps the Double?

Haz-Matt

gwalsh
07-28-2005, 03:01 PM
Can't make M7, but the double is on my calender if I can put together a ride. Better start doing your liver excercises.

------------------
Gerry Walsh
Otto's Motorsport
2004 N.E. Division Enduro Champions

dave parker
07-28-2005, 05:42 PM
Ow! My liver, My liver.

So what will be the drink of choice for the OG Racing Labor Day Double?

cheers
"dangerous" dave parker
wdcr ITC#97

spnkzss
07-29-2005, 08:37 AM
Yuengling

Spanky
#03 ITC 1990 Honda Civic WDCR

[This message has been edited by spnkzss (edited July 29, 2005).]

mgyip
07-29-2005, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by spnkzss:
Yuengling

I was thinking "Free" but Yuengling will suffice. My liver gets plenty of excercise but usually on those marathon-party weekends in the Philthadelphia suburbs...

BTW - I guess I should register for the event...

Haz-Matt

JamesB
07-29-2005, 10:07 AM
Registering is a good thing if you plan to go there and race.

I could see how going to philly would be a test of your livers abilities.

turboICE
08-01-2005, 02:31 PM
Well after the first practice session in the rain at VIR this weekend and having a Legends car spin into me not so sure I will make MARRS 7 or even the rest of the season. Not so much because it can't be fixed as much as I don't want to keep fixing a car that is essentially on its last season. I would almost rather use the remaining season to get a start on building the new car now and begin my SCCA racing in 2006.

Also with regards to paddocking it looks like most of the spots with power are taken by groups - it looks like slim pickings to get a shoreline connection for someone not in a group in those spots or in the front of the line. Does everyone in SM/SSM use all those power outlets they have blocked off?

------------------
Ed.
240SX ITA

[This message has been edited by turboICE (edited August 01, 2005).]

mlytle
08-01-2005, 07:07 PM
all the spots with power are not used by groups. there are bunches of them open. the online paddock map also does not show an entire row of unreserved space with power in the middle of the paddock.

or you can just call your class drivers rep and join one of the reserved groups.

no, the ssm/sm's don't use all the power outlets. far from it.

marshall
marrs its drivers rep

[This message has been edited by mlytle (edited August 01, 2005).]

turboICE
08-05-2005, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by mlytle:
all the spots with power are not used by groups. there are bunches of them open. the online paddock map also does not show an entire row of unreserved space with power in the middle of the paddock.I wasn't saying they were all taken, only that by the map most of them appear to be reserved. The concern being a large corral where electricity is being utilized by relatively few, while someone not in a corral and who would utilize the electricity is shut out.

I stay on site and it is much less uncomfortable when I have 30amp shoreline for the air conditioner and refrigerator than when I don't.

That said - I am now in the Seaworld corral. I don't mind it cozy and cramped - I just would not enjoy sitting outside at night without any electricity looking at an unaccessible paddock with a bunch of outlets unused by those at hotels.

<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\">no, the ssm/sm's don't use all the power outlets. far from it.</font>But they do occupy a lot of space that has power outlets. Perhaps instead of the entire corral being in that area, 1/3 of it could be shifted across the paddock road to the paved area to free up some of the corraled off power.

I don't know just some ramblings. I have never had a paddocking issue at Summit Point before - the commentaries, email threads and other comments have me more nervous about the paddock situation than my first SCCA race. Maybe it really isn't as bad as it seems like everyone makes it out to be.

------------------
Ed.
240SX ITA

JamesB
08-05-2005, 09:23 AM
I thought there is shoreline power over by the paved area too along the tree line. But maybe not as many as in the center. If your out in the woods then its an issue and you need nearly 250ft cable to make it to the nearest shoreline box.

turboICE
08-05-2005, 10:07 AM

I thought there is shoreline power over by the paved area too along the tree line. But maybe not as many as in the center. If your out in the woods then its an issue and you need nearly 250ft cable to make it to the nearest shoreline box.Ahh if that is the case - I did not know that. That does change things a lot. I know where you are talking about but can't picture the boxes in my mind - but they probably are there given the large 5th wheels that are over there frequently and have power without generators.

I will be corrected frequently for the assumptions that underlie my ravings!

------------------
Ed.
240SX ITA

mgyip
08-05-2005, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by turboICE:
Perhaps instead of the entire corral being in that area, 1/3 of it could be shifted across the paddock road to the paved area to free up some of the corraled off power.

The main reason for SM/SSM laying claim to the area of the paddock that they take is for space efficiency - they cram a very sizeable number of cars into that area. Electricity is in the centre of the grassy areas and at the pavement's edge for the paved paddock areas. The only areas that currently don't have electricity are the backwoods areas such as where the other ITA (No Class) paddock is located. However there are advantages to paddocking with an electrictrician (Thanks, Sean).

Since you have a/c AND a refrigerator, we may have to visit your paddock area to ensure that it meets quality standards http://ITForum.ImprovedTouring.com/wink.gif

See ya next weekend!!

mlytle
08-05-2005, 12:50 PM
virtually all the paved paddock spots have access to power. there is a power station at the tree line on the end of each row.

marshall
stays at track, but no a/c... http://ITForum.ImprovedTouring.com/frown.gif

JamesB
08-08-2005, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by mlytle@Aug 5 2005, 04:50 PM
virtually all the paved paddock spots have access to power. there is a power station at the tree line on the end of each row.

marshall
stays at track, but no a/c... http://ITForum.ImprovedTouring.com/frown.gif

Who needs AC anyway? If its humid enough you hide in your tow vehicle for a bit.