PDA

View Full Version : Lime Rock...who's going ?

Rabbit05
07-25-2005, 11:38 AM
Well even though the price makes my arse hurt..We just finished the car and looking forward to finally getting on the track. I've missed most of the season and have decided to bite the bullet.
Just wondering who else is going ?

John VanDenburgh
ITC Rabbit 05

TimM ITB
07-25-2005, 03:57 PM
John;
see you there!!!

Tim Mullen

Jake
07-26-2005, 01:25 PM
Hmm... only 13 ITA cars? Is there a LRP boycott going on? I may save my $ for the Summit Point double.

Rabbit05
07-26-2005, 04:35 PM
Yeah maybe they'll put all the IT classes together and the SM's together ? Knock out a coupla race groups and maybe give us more track time ? Well it makes sence IMO. http://ITForum.ImprovedTouring.com/smile.gif

John VanDenburgh
ITC Rabbit 05

Tkczecheredflag
07-31-2005, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit05:
Well even though the price makes my arse hurt..We just finished the car and looking forward to finally getting on the track. I've missed most of the season and have decided to bite the bullet.
Just wondering who else is going ?

John VanDenburgh
ITC Rabbit 05

John - I too have been slow starting this season. Hoping to see you Friday. Just received a notice to serve Jury Duty Friday. I call Thursday noght to find out if I go.

Looks like we have a good field. Should I bring extra rubber for you?
Tim Klvana
ITC #11

Rabbit05
08-01-2005, 09:47 AM
Hey Tim,
Well if you got tires laying around, sure .I have the tires from last year ...but I am not sure how good they are going to be. And hey, going racing is a perfect excuse to get out of Jury duty ! http://ITForum.ImprovedTouring.com/smile.gif

Hope to see ya there !

John VanDenburgh
ITC Rabbit 05

Bill Miller
08-01-2005, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Jake:
Hmm... only 13 ITA cars? Is there a LRP boycott going on? I may save my $ for the Summit Point double.

Smartest decision I've heard yet. Spend less for the Labor Day dbl at Summit than a 1 day race (w/ what, 30 min. of track time?) at LRP.

------------------
MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI (sold) | MARRS #25 HProd Rabbit
SCCA 279608

Jake
08-01-2005, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Bill Miller:

Smartest decision I've heard yet. Spend less for the Labor Day dbl at Summit than a 1 day race (w/ what, 30 min. of track time?) at LRP.

LOL. So it's a done deal. First LRP regional I skipped in 3 years. So who's going to the Labor Day Dbl at Summit? http://ITForum.ImprovedTouring.com/smile.gif

16v
08-01-2005, 09:33 PM

will you be racing Bill?

lateapex911
08-02-2005, 12:37 AM
ell, there IS the other side of the story Bill....it might not be cheap, but it IS easy! An hour and a few minutes away...Summit?? ohhh... 5 or 6 hours! That kills the cost difference right there!

Also, while the paddocking at Lime Rock isn't perfect, I've heard absolute horror stories about Summit.

And yea, Lime Rock isn't a Road America or Laguna Seca, but neither is Summit!

But....the Labor Day thing sounds cool, I think it's worth a try...

------------------
Jake Gulick
CarriageHouse Motorsports
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]

Greg Amy
08-07-2005, 10:56 PM
Well????

08-08-2005, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by GregAmy@Aug 7 2005, 09:56 PM
Well????

Well don't know officially. There were stewarts actions. :angry:

dickita15
08-08-2005, 06:52 AM
ITS
1st ben phillips 103.386
2nd paul bereron 103.398
3rd wesley saunders 103.430

ITA
1st rick benazic 103.288
2nd anthony serra 102.479 (started from the back) :o
3rd richard hunter 103.433 (started from the back)

dazzlesa
08-08-2005, 07:30 AM
one full course caution on the 1st lap taking out a civic and a its rx7.3 ITS cars crahing while leading onto no name. the race was a little crazy. can you say bent sheetmetal. what added to the fun was that we qualified in the rain. there was fast cars in the back and slow cars in the front. rick ITA #

7racing
08-08-2005, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by dazzlesa@Aug 8 2005, 11:30 AM
what added to the fun was that we qualified in the rain. there was fast cars in the back and slow cars in the front. rick ITA #

Hey. I take a little offense to that, as I qualified on the pole! :happy204:

If my car wasn't overheating, I might have been able to make a race out of it. Those slow yellow flag laps let everyone catch up to me. Maybe next time.

Jeremy

dazzlesa
08-08-2005, 11:01 AM
sorry jeremy. you are not classified as a slower car and you spanked everybody to take the pole. fix that damn thing! thats 2 races in a row that you made my life easier.
anthony and rich were coming like there lives depended on it.

Guest_Tkczecheredflag_*
08-08-2005, 11:38 AM
Since John started thsi thread I don't want to take away his thunder. ITC was a very exciting race. John's 05 Bunny was cookin. I had to start from the rear but was able to batlle with John for a bunch of laps early. The #25 SSM of Robert Karl, Sr took me out wiith three laps to go - I had John in my gun sights to take back the lead and this Yahoo was in about 7th position - a real unsafe move entering Big Bend from Karl, he came in to hot and couldn't stop. My video shows a solid car width for him on the inside, he claims I came down on him. He hit me in the rear quarted in Big Bend - It could have been a great finish. John drove a very skillfull race. Congrats to John!!!

Tim Klvana
ITC#11
2002 NERRC Champion
2003 NARRC Champion

Guest_Rabbit05_*
08-08-2005, 02:03 PM
Tim, I must say that was one of the best races I have been in ever! The Miatas did pose a problem obviously....and to come to think of it it was also the #25 Miata , one of the Karls that almost took me off as well. He hit me square in the rear going into big bend and i have video of him on numerous occasions chopping my nose off. Now i know in the heat of a race , things get a little hairy, but WE WEREN'T EVEN IN HIS CLASS ! If you cant tell the difference from a box like VW or a CRX...from a Miata...well you get the picture. I just don't understand that some drivers in other classes feel the need to race you like its for the win and you are going to get one million bucks....Like Tim said ,we were all like 6th-8th over all. I just feel that is unnecccary....well enough ranting.
Tim, the race was awesome, and was hoping to have a clean race with just me and you to the finish. ! I hope to see you all at the Glen for the double. :)

John VanDenburgh
ITC Rabbit 05

Guest_Tkczecheredflag_*
08-08-2005, 02:35 PM
John - I agree completely on the class issue.
I'm not sure if I had anything for you at the end (my tires were going away a bit)but it would have been nice to race you to the finish line. I heard the announcer Greg was having a field day with us in the PA.
I must say, you drove one hell of a race. You placed the SSM boys between us nicely and drove the wheels off the car. It's my priviledge to race with a guy like you. You run a very clean, skillful race. I look forward to more batlles in the future.

Tim Klvana
ITC #11
2002 NERRC Champion
2003 NARRC Champion

Kevin
08-08-2005, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Guest_Tkczecheredflag_*@Aug 8 2005, 10:38 AM
Since John started thsi thread I don't want to take away his thunder. ITC was a very exciting race. John's 05 Bunny was cookin. I had to start from the rear but was able to batlle with John for a bunch of laps early. The #25 SSM of Robert Karl, Sr took me out wiith three laps to go - I had John in my gun sights to take back the lead and this Yahoo was in about 7th position - a real unsafe move entering Big Bend from Karl, he came in to hot and couldn't stop. My video shows a solid car width for him on the inside, he claims I came down on him. He hit me in the rear quarted in Big Bend - It could have been a great finish. John drove a very skillfull race. Congrats to John!!!

Tim Klvana
ITC#11
2002 NERRC Champion
2003 NARRC Champion

I was the Miata right behind you and Karl, I don't know what he was thinking. You had just cought and passed us a few laps earlier. I am not sure how he got that run on you going down the main straight, but there was no way he was going to make the pass. He locked up and hit you. Makes no sense to race out of class, there were no miata's in front of you. I personally enjoyed the mix of classes.

Kevin

Guest_Tkczecheredflag_*
08-09-2005, 07:08 AM
[quote]
I was the Miata right behind you and Karl, I don't know what he was thinking. You had just cought and passed us a few laps earlier. I am not sure how he got that run on you going down the main straight, but there was no way he was going to make the pass. He locked up and hit you. Makes no sense to race out of class, there were no miata's in front of you. I personally enjoyed the mix of classes.

Kevin

Kevin
You drove a good race in you #22 SSM. I also enjoyed raicng with the SSM group. John and I are used to being slower when we run with ITA. When we have guys racing for position I always make room for them to race. I thought it was a very stupid and unsafe move for Karl, Sr to dive bomb me in Big Bend and take me out for no real gain in class. I've heard off line that this guy is not a safe driver and the individual was suprised that Karl wasn't on his roof again. Then his son, Karls, Jr jumps into our conversation and claims his video would prove that I chopped his fathers nose. I'd like to see the feed now - as my video shows enough room for a "tow rig" to run a low line. I am trying to write/file a formal letter with the powers to be and put this guy on notice - we'll see.

Tim Klvana
ITC#11
2002 NERRC Champion
2003 NARRC Champion

7racing
08-09-2005, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by dazzlesa@Aug 8 2005, 03:01 PM
sorry jeremy. you are not classified as a slower car and you spanked everybody to take the pole. fix that damn thing! thats 2 races in a row that you made my life easier.
anthony and rich were coming like there lives depended on it.

I'm working on it...... :bash_1_:

Just need a bigger hammer.

As my 4 yr old keeps saying "I have to kick Richie's but".

lateapex911
08-09-2005, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by 7racing@Aug 9 2005, 09:39 AM
I'm working on it...... :bash_1_:

Just need a bigger hammer.

As my 4 yr old keeps saying "I have to kick Richie's but".

Funny, I swore I heard him say, "Richie kicked your butt Dad..."

;)

Bill Miller
08-09-2005, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by 16v@Aug 2 2005, 01:33 AM

will you be racing Bill?

Unfortunately Doug, there's no funding for racing this year. :(

Jake,

It's an absolute hoot. And don't let the paddock stories scare you. At least you won't pay $7 for a cheeseburger! Early Fall in WV is a nice time. Lots of fun people, lots of neat cars, lots of good racing. And while it's no Laguna Seca, Summit Point does have 3x the number of left-hand turns that LRP has! :023:

As far as the cost issue, it's 2 races at SP for the price of one race at LRP. So if you think about it, the travel time/expense is almost a wash.

Greg Amy
08-10-2005, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Bill Miller
...it's 2 races at SP for the price of one race at LRP. So if you think about it, the travel time/expense is almost a wash.

To a degree, Bill, that's true, especially if you live halfway between the two like you do.

However, in my case, it's not that easy. LRP is an hour and fifteen away from me, about 70miles. SP is about 400 miles if we take the short route, but we don't because it goes through NYC; actual mileage is closer to 430 miles. On top of that, at LRP I drive home each night and have dinner there; at SP I have to rent a hotel and eat out.

Time off work is a wash, as I need a travel day to go to SP but I've got to be at LRP on Fridays. LRP, however, is an advantage in soft costs as I have Sunday off, yet with SP I get home at Oh-Dark-Thirty.

All told, between mileage (at 8mpg towing), hotels, and food, an event at SP costs me about $300 more than one at LRP.

I would agree that track time is a better value at SP than LRP, especially given the increasing number of groups and the reduction in length of sessions and races. Further, I prefer driving SP versus LRP.

However, to imply that it 'costs less to run SP than LRP' is a bit misleading... GA

Bill Miller
08-10-2005, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by GregAmy+Aug 10 2005, 01:55 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Bill Miller
...it&#39;s 2 races at SP for the price of one race at LRP. So if you think about it, the travel time/expense is almost a wash.

To a degree, Bill, that&#39;s true, especially if you live halfway between the two like you do.

However, in my case, it&#39;s not that easy. LRP is an hour and fifteen away from me, about 70miles. SP is about 400 miles if we take the short route, but we don&#39;t because it goes through NYC; actual mileage is closer to 430 miles. On top of that, at LRP I drive home each night and have dinner there; at SP I have to rent a hotel and eat out.

Time off work is a wash, as I need a travel day to go to SP but I&#39;ve got to be at LRP on Fridays. LRP, however, is an advantage in soft costs as I have Sunday off, yet with SP I get home at Oh-Dark-Thirty.

All told, between mileage (at 8mpg towing), hotels, and food, an event at SP costs me about $300 more than one at LRP.

I would agree that track time is a better value at SP than LRP, especially given the increasing number of groups and the reduction in length of sessions and races. Further, I prefer driving SP versus LRP.

However, to imply that it &#39;costs less to run SP than LRP&#39; is a bit misleading... GA

[/b]

Greg,

It&#39;s about 100 miles difference for me, so 300 RT for LRP vs. 500 RT for SP. You&#39;re 280 RT for LRP vs. 860 RT for SP. But, what you have to look at, is cost per race. You&#39;re closer to 600 RT for 2 races at vs. 860 for 2 races at SP. Still farther, but not as much. Granted food and lodging costs will be more, if you stay at a hotel, and eat out. For me, it&#39;s a wash, as I&#39;d have to do it at either place. Probably cost me more to stay at LRP, as the camping opportunities aren&#39;t as good. At SP, we stay at the track for free. If you add the 2nd entry in at LRP, it makes it much closer to a wash. Getting more track time for your dollar is where I see the real value. There&#39;s no question that it would cost more for you to run a single at SP than a single at LRP, but when you&#39;re talking a double at SP, vs. 2 singles at LRP, costs are close, and you&#39;re probably getting more seat time / dollar at SP.