PDA

View Full Version : LRP Memorial Day

67ITB
05-22-2005, 06:25 AM
I was looking to see how early on Thursday I could get into the track?
I have the day off, and figured if I can get an early start on unloading and setting up it wouldn’t hurt.

Not to mention it will be my first time towing the new trailer, so in an act of selfishness I DON’T want to have to try and find (and fit into) a parking space after the place gets packed.

I see in the sups registration opens at 7pm on Thursday but if I recall you can usually get in before that some how?

Thanks in advance for the help

Matt Bal

dickita15
05-22-2005, 07:42 AM
they have been letting people in early including last event, however things have been unpredictable at lrp for a while so the rules could change at the last moment.
dick

gran racing
05-22-2005, 11:08 AM
For the LRP event a few weeks ago I showed up prior to reg. opening to get a spot / get things ready. When I got to the gate, they told me that I couldn't go down until after I had the wrist band. I thought that was weird since in the past I've done it. Fortunately he was really nice and after talking for a bit he ended up letting me go in. There were plenty of other people already down there who did not participate in the Thurs. school so I was surprised they questioned it. Bring two extra cups of Dunkin Donuts coffee to bribe them as a back-up. http://ITForum.ImprovedTouring.com/smile.gif

------------------
Dave Gran
NER ITB #13
'87 Honda Prelude si

67ITB
05-25-2005, 08:30 PM
Thank you,

I will be heading down(up) late morning/ early afternoon.
see you at the track

Matt Bal

JLawton
05-26-2005, 10:07 AM
It looks like they will have to do some shuffling of race groups. Anyone heard any details??

------------------
Jeff L
#74 ITB GTi

moto62
05-26-2005, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by JLawton:
It looks like they will have to do some shuffling of race groups. Anyone heard any details??

http://www.nescca.com/registration/current...asp?ID=38604339 (http://www.nescca.com/registration/currentcount.asp?ID=38604339)

Group 2 and 9 has some issues.

See you all at the dance man!
Ray

Greg Amy
05-26-2005, 03:42 PM
<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\">Group 2 and 9 has some issues.</font>

Something's wrong with the web page details; Those numbers don't add up correctly (add up the different classes...)

I spoke to Susan Lapham Sunday night, and she told me ITB is being moved out of Group 9. The only conceivable place it could go is into Group 8 with ITS, but that's just a guess on my part. If that's true, Group 8 is now 42 cars, and Group 9 is 29.

Group 2, if you add it up manually, is only 32 cars.

I hope the 13 F500/FV and 15 "big" formula and sports racers enjoy their HPDE...err, I mean racing... sessions. (YAWN!!!)

Of course, we have no idea what entries may have been mailed in (you can still do that, right...?)

Ten groups in two days....yikes.

gran racing
05-26-2005, 04:53 PM
That stinks. I was looking forward to ITB racing with SM. I even bought a new roll of yellow racing tape to cover up any damage. http://ITForum.ImprovedTouring.com/smile.gif

------------------
Dave Gran
NER ITB #13
'87 Honda Prelude si

RSTPerformance
05-26-2005, 05:09 PM
Dave-

Based on prior races, You will need more of that duct tape running in the ITS group rather than in the SM group.

Thats not a huge insult, but rather a observation based on # of accidents and other observations...

With SM you run in the front with some very good drivers in SM, however in ITS you at best will run mid pack and with some really scary drivers that have very fast (and big) cars 9not all of them are, but a few spoil the fun sometimes).

BE SAFE, the track gets crowded quick!!!

Have fun guys/gals, I am off to Nelson http://ITForum.ImprovedTouring.com/smile.gif

Raymond "I would rather run with SM any day over any other race group... but no I don't want an SM!!!" Blethen

JLawton
05-26-2005, 07:05 PM
I'm with Dave, I'll take ITS over SM ANY day!!! Check out Doug's pictures from the last LRP. That shows you a "little" of the SM action.....

------------------
Jeff L
#74 ITB GTi

gran racing
05-26-2005, 08:48 PM
Actually, I wasn't be sarcastic here when I said I was looking forward to racing with SM. The part I think would be fun is having such a large field all going about the same general pace. Also one of my friends will be doing driving in his first race with SM. My feeling is always bring on more cars and traffic!

With my yellow racers tape comment, I can see how that could be thought. (The tape job I did this past week doesn't look so bad from about 100 feet away.)

Ray, Best of luck at Nelson.

------------------
Dave Gran
NER ITB #13
'87 Honda Prelude si

Jake
05-27-2005, 06:24 AM
BTW - in the last LRP thread I made this suggestion to take 5 groups into 4 and even out them out with numbers and performance. Here's what that would have looked like:

36 ITA, ITB
27 ITS, GT1, GT2, GT3, T1, T2, T3, AS, SPO, SPU, CGT1, CGT2, CGT3
31 SM, SSB, SSC, ITE
30 SSM, ITC

Tom Blaney
05-27-2005, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Jake:
BTW - in the last LRP thread I made this suggestion to take 5 groups into 4 and even out them out with numbers and performance. Here's what that would have looked like:

36 ITA, ITB
27 ITS, GT1, GT2, GT3, T1, T2, T3, AS, SPO, SPU, CGT1, CGT2, CGT3
31 SM, SSB, SSC, ITE
30 SSM, ITC

I don't think it's a good idea to group the classes with similiar performance levels, it makes it difficult for both classes to keep out of each others way, and a lot of the passing cannot be done cleanly because there is not enough speed differential. Ultimatly somebody's race will get screwed up.

Jake
05-28-2005, 06:34 AM
Tom - I agree with what you are saying, but I wonder if the effect is worse with cars with bigger speed differences. For instance, I know ITS cars get in the way of the top ITB cars already - if ITA cars get in the way of top ITB cars, at least they will most likely be taking the corners quickly. I would imagine it is worse when a higher classed car taking the corners slowly and the straights quick gets in the way. Opinions from ITB/ITC drivers?!?! Tom and I run ITA which in NER rarely runs with a faster group.

dazzlesa
05-28-2005, 06:39 PM
todays ITA race was just plain great.the results is as follows Ray,Rick,Anthony,Richard,Chip. i beleive that there was 4 leaders. At least from my view the racing was intense and clean.some of the dramas included lorezo being taken out by a lapper while leading,Rich loosing it big bend,Anthonys car cutting in ang out (once in front of me OH SH..!).Having a car come back on the track after having problems and racing the leaders.me getting passed on the 19th lap and them forgetting that it was a 20 lap race.The top 3 were blanketed by .440. can you say a great race. I wish somebody taped it. if i had to gripe about something then it would be the car racing the leaders. this was totally un called for, you are laps down! I am sorry you had problems and you were not able to duke it out with us.by the way it was a ITA car.The leaders deserverd a fair fight to the finish. It almost cost Ray the race and worse it could have created a big wreck. ALL BE WELL RICK. CONGRATS TO RAY AND THE OTHERS WHO RAN!

moto62
05-28-2005, 11:30 PM
Yes Rick. That was truly one of the best spec Integra...err, ITA race I have had and stoopid me decided not to put the video cam in the car this weekend. It was one of those deals that you never knew who is going to win. Every few laps, a different car would be in the lead and I just happened to be in front when the checkered flag was waving. Another lap more could have yielded a different winner. Thanks everyone for a good clean race.
Ray

Jake
05-29-2005, 07:21 AM
LOL - Spec Integra! And I thought I was the only one calling it that.

lateapex911
05-29-2005, 12:11 PM
Guess who told them that on grid??

http://ITForum.ImprovedTouring.com/wink.gif

What happened to Holmes?? He was so fast at Pocono, but about 6th on the grid here, and i didn't see how he finished?

dickita15
05-29-2005, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by lateapex911:
What happened to Holmes?? He was so fast at Pocono, but about 6th on the grid here, and i didn't see how he finished?

19th, three laps down did a 1:02.603, about 4/10 of the pace.

Tkczecheredflag
05-30-2005, 05:21 PM
How was the ITC race? Who won? Could some post the link to the results?

Tim Klvana
ITC #11

dickita15
05-31-2005, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by Tkczecheredflag:
How was the ITC race? Who won? Could some post the link to the results?Tim Klvana
ITC #11

i heard chris johnson won after jeff leone had a wheel come off in west bend while leading
dick

JLawton
05-31-2005, 06:52 AM
Matt Baldoni,
Can you e-mail me or send me your e-mail?
Thanks!!
[email protected]

------------------
Jeff L
#74 ITB GTi

Andy Bettencourt
05-31-2005, 10:10 AM
Great job Ray. No Sheppard?

AB

------------------
Andy Bettencourt
New England Region, R188967
www.flatout-motorsports.com (http://www.flatout-motorsports.com)

7racing
05-31-2005, 11:24 AM
Go Ray, it's your birthday! Congrats Man! The Acuras go Whoo WHOOO!!!

67ITB
05-31-2005, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by JLawton:
Matt Baldoni,
Can you e-mail me or send me your e-mail?
Thanks!!
[email protected]

You have mail

Matt Bal

Jake
06-01-2005, 10:07 PM
Will the Memorial day results make it to mylaps.com?

gran racing
06-03-2005, 05:46 PM
Since the times are not on mylaps.com, do you know of any other way to get the results and lap times?

------------------
Dave Gran
NER ITB #13
'87 Honda Prelude si

Dave Zaslow
06-04-2005, 06:31 AM
Results are here:

http://www.users.fast.net/~nescca/clubrace...ce.html#Results (http://www.users.fast.net/~nescca/clubrace.html#Results)

Dave Z

Eric Parham
06-05-2005, 09:54 PM
The results won't make it to mylaps since T&S had to use the backup older software following trouble at Pocono with the new stuff. Only the new version is compatible with mylaps.

In ITC, I overcooked my brakes trying to catch Jeff Leone and hit the tire wall outside Big Bend. Fred White had fallen off at The Downhill early on. Jeff suffered a failed brake drum in the middle of West Bend, which brought out a full-course yellow for the duration. Chris Johnson kept it on the track and collected another win, with Fred 2nd and me 3rd. Fun race, but too many Miatas http://ITForum.ImprovedTouring.com/wink.gif

dpc
06-07-2005, 09:41 AM
But did the Miatas cause the yellow flags???? dave

Scott Koschwitz
06-07-2005, 10:06 AM
I was driving the #91 red SSM. The race ran under green until about lap 13, with only a local yellow I saw in the Esses early in the race for a Miata stuck in the mud.

On about lap 13, Jeff Leone unfortunately crashed at West Bend. We ran under full course yellow until lap 17, when they checkered the race early. Jeff's car looked so badly damaged it needed a flat bed, and the tire wall needed repairs.

I was right behind Jeff when the crash happened. Jeff had just entered West Bend, when it looked like his left rear wheel came off.

I saw him in the paddock after the race, and he seemed physically fine. Any word on his car?

[This message has been edited by Scott Koschwitz (edited June 07, 2005).]