PDA

View Full Version : Busch North vs. NARRC

TimM ITB
02-09-2005, 07:38 PM
I have just heard (and seen for myself on the LRP website) that the Busch North boys will be running at LRP on what was supposed to be the same weekend that the NARRC runoffs were to be held. Does anyone have a information as to what has happened to the runoffs?? Moved to another date? Moved to a different track? Cancelled? ??????

We are trying to plan my daughter's wedding, and she has been thoughtful enough (until now) to take the NARRC into consideration as to which weekend she's going to tie the knot. Of course, priorities are priorities, and she'll just have to be flexible.

I hope she doesn't visit this site!

Tim M

dickita15
02-09-2005, 07:48 PM
my understanding is that the narrc will be either the 24th against ohio or the 17th against the glen. the two weekends after the nascar are being held in case of rain.
dick

Dave Patten
02-09-2005, 07:58 PM
Dick,
These are more humbling realities that the Northeast needs a club facility.

------------------
Dave Patten
Dunbarton, NH

JLawton
02-10-2005, 08:30 AM
In an article in yesterdays Hartford Courant, Lime Rock does not have a headling series for Memorial Day! Hmmmmm, a couple of IT races might be just as good!!

------------------
Jeff L
#74 ITB GTi

gran racing
02-10-2005, 09:49 AM
I'm a bit confused now... I looked at the "Memorial Day Weekend To Feature Festival of Road Racing" article on LRP's site and it states that "It all starts with a New York Region, SCCA Regional on Friday and Saturday." Is that true? I didn't see that on the SCCA schedule. Or is it a typo of some type?

It does state that the Pro Racing Mazdaspeed Miata Cup will be on Memorial Day itself, so thats not it.

------------------
Dave Gran
NER ITB #13
'87 Honda Prelude si

RSTPerformance
02-11-2005, 11:39 AM
I think that we should incourage some of our SPO Bush drivers to wip some Bush North but... any takers?

Raymond "I'll drive a NER sponsored bush car" Blethen

TimM ITB
02-11-2005, 03:53 PM
OK, if I read all of this correctly, the New York Region hosts the NARRC, previously scheduled for the 9/30 - 10/1 weekend at Lime Rock Park. AND, the Busch North races that were scheduled for Memorial Day weekend have now been changed to that 9/30 - 10/1 weekend. AND, NOW the LRP website is saying that there is a New York Regional weekend of racing (along with Historic and Mazda Pro Miata if I read it correctly) on Memorial Day weekend. SO, does that mean that the 9/30 - 10/1 NYR NARRC regional weekend has been substituted for the Memorial Day weekend NYR regional race now listed on the LRP website? AND, if that is correct, what do we do about the NARRC? Reading Dick A's response earlier, it doesn't sound like a very promising choice for us here in the Northeast - many will be forced to choose between the National Runoffs vs. NARRC or the weekend regional at the Glen vs. NARRC?? With these conflicts, it could make the NARRC less well attended, and/or a less "meaningful" end-of-season event. Here is an idea - not a great one, but an idea all the same. IF the Fall NYR regional weekend HAS been substituted to the Memorial Day, how about making the double regional at NHIS into the NARRC?? Still not very appetizing, but it's already a well attended event, and may eliminate having to make the "least worst choice" mentioned above.

Anyone from an NER, NYR or NARRC board care to comment or enlighten, if possible?

Tim M

dickita15
02-11-2005, 05:42 PM
you guys know what we know. we do not have a final schedule at lime rock yet. you will know when we know
dick

gran racing
02-11-2005, 08:25 PM
Or if the NARRC were on Memorial day weekend at LRP and made a bigger event, that may be cool as well. Yes I know, it is supposed to be at the end of the season but it seems to work well for the Daytona 500. I'm sure it won't happen, but that would be pretty cool.

------------------
Dave Gran
NER ITB #13
'87 Honda Prelude si

dpc
02-11-2005, 08:47 PM
So Dick, what is it going to cost drivers at LRP this season????? thanks, dave

dickita15
02-12-2005, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by dpc:
So Dick, what is it going to cost drivers at LRP this season????? thanks, dave

won't know for sure untill 3/18 narrc meeting. my guess for a regional $250-300.

dick

DaveITB1
02-12-2005, 11:11 AM
Hey Timmie,

Have you suggested that your daughter have her wedding trackside?

You could have the newly weds ride in the pace car with tin cans and streamers tied to the back!!!! 16v could shoot the photos for you, saving on photograghers costs, and then chili and beers for the reception!! We could mic you up during the race and you could give the father's speech at 90mph, and finally, instead of the father/daughter dance, she could hang out your window with her bouquet in one hand, and the checkered flag in the other. Hmmm????

Remember Tim, you have needs too........

oo=00=oo (The Pretzel)

- Stone Cold

Dano77
02-23-2005, 09:38 PM
The NARRC Is a series, The NARRC Runoffs is the final race in the NARRC Series. Lets call it by the correct name. It still means something to some of us whom have been around for more than five years. Thank You

gran racing
02-28-2005, 08:14 AM
I see that the NARRC Runoffs is listed on LRP's site for 10/22.

Yeah I know, wait till after the 3/18 NARRC meeting. http://ITForum.ImprovedTouring.com/frown.gif

------------------
Dave Gran
NER ITB #13
'87 Honda Prelude si

Scott Koschwitz
03-23-2005, 09:07 AM
Dick, any word from Lime Rock on a final schedule and expected entry fees?

dickita15
03-23-2005, 05:17 PM
the two changes to the lrp schedule are as mentioned before. nyr driver's school and regional in june becomes a may 27-8 regional
narrc runoffs are moved to oct 21-2.

the regions are still deciding on price. could be $250 could be $325. the regions need to at least break even but the question remains what will car counts look like.

dick

Scott Koschwitz
03-24-2005, 09:32 AM
My guess is at $250, car counts will be good; at $325, dismal.

I'll pay $250 for a regional because it's so convenient for me to get to Lime Rock. I definitely won't pay $325.

Jake
03-24-2005, 04:44 PM
Yeah - over $300 for a one day race gets a bit silly.

RSTPerformance
03-24-2005, 07:19 PM
We are not pro racers, nor is this a "National" series... this is Ameture/fun racing right??? "Jack up" the National Weekend prices to help the "feeder" series... IE Regionals...

Raymond

dickita15
03-25-2005, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by RSTPerformance:
"Jack up" the National Weekend prices to help the "feeder" series.

don't tax you
don't tax me
tax that man behind the tree

gran racing
03-25-2005, 10:00 AM
Ouch, $325?

With that type of fee, do we at least get a guaranteed number of min. race laps?

------------------
Dave Gran
NER ITB #13
'87 Honda Prelude si

lateapex911
03-25-2005, 10:32 PM
NO.

------------------
Jake Gulick
CarriageHouse Motorsports
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]

lateapex911
03-25-2005, 10:41 PM
Sorry, I couldn't resist!

I think...just my opinion here..is that LRP wants more $ due to whatever their reasons, and the service is the same. In other words, same hours of operation,, same workers to fix the guardrails, etc.

(I susppect this became an issue when Skip sold his school, and the contract between teh school and the track, which I understand was very favorabe to the school went with the sale. But instead of it being just an accounting thing because both pockets were Skips at the time, it is now an issue. And the rest of the renters will make up the difference.

I also imagine the the region is in a VERY tough spot. Rent WILL cost $44,000.00 or so dollars, and the region wants to find the best entry amount to result in money made good. Too low, and the total could fall short, too high, nobody shows up. Classic stuff, but the window of "ideal" is very small.

------------------
Jake Gulick
CarriageHouse Motorsports
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]