PDA

View Full Version : Newbie - tech inspection?

emwavey
02-14-2005, 10:44 AM
Hi guys,

I'm hoping to do the Summit school in March. I did a double school last year in February (Roebling Road), but spent 2004 gathering pieces-parts, (car, truck, trailer, etc), and my wife had a baby, so needless to say I didn't make it to one race last year.

I think it'd be a good idea to get another school in before going to a few races this year. Not only to get used to the "new" car, but also to show face to those I'll be racing with.

I'll be driving a yellow/blue CRX in ITA. Currently it's numbered (92), but that will change.

I have a list of things to take care of before the school, one of them is getting an SCCA logbook. (The car came with a Waterford Hills log book, and from what I understand, they follow the SCCA pretty closely.) How should I go about getting an SCCA log book, and is this part of annual tech., or is this something to have before tech. inspection?

Oh, and will there be a tech. inspection before the school somewhere?

Thanks, and look forward to meeting some of you folks!

-dave
8)

dave parker
02-14-2005, 11:20 AM
Dave
Although i don't know where you could get your car teched in Jersey before the school, i do know that the SCCA tech shed usually opens at Summit on Friday afternoon before the FATT ends.
I would suggest talking to someone in your local region about teching the car before the drive to Summit if you are not sure about it passing.

Good luck at the school.
dave parker
wdcr ITC#97

emwavey
02-21-2005, 01:07 PM
Thanks Dave,

I did as you suggested and the SJR RE is trying to set up a date before the WDCR school. He's also looking into scoring me a log book for the car.

Now off to take care of all those little things on the car yet to do. http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

Again, danke'!
-dave
8)