PDA

View Full Version : On line Registration system for WDCR

MadFrog
02-14-2005, 12:07 PM
I started trying to register for the March school this morning, but I was asked for a logbook number. The car is not logbooked yet. I intend to get that done on the tech day march 5th in Chantilly.
Should I just put in some bogus numbers?
I also don't remember seeing a license number on my novice permit. Also a "required" field.

Advice?

thanks.

dave parker
02-14-2005, 02:00 PM
DC Region logbook numbers start with 42, example 42-0000. Which since i did not have my logbook handy the first time i registered on the DC site i used (42-0000). Once you have a valid logbook number you can go back into the DC site and visit your "garage" and change the particulars on your racecar.

Your license number is your SCCA member number.
Hopefully this helps.
cheers
dave parker
wdcr ITC#97

erlrich
02-14-2005, 02:07 PM
Interesting that if you download the PDF version of the supps and entry form there is no place where they ask for logbook # or novice permit #. I think I would just put "pending" for the logbook #; and I also didn't notice whether there is a separate novice permit #, if not I think I would just put my member #.

Btw, where did you find the date for tech? I've 'spoken' (via e-mail) with Ron, and he indicated there would be 2 or 3 tech days before the school, but didn't say when they would be, and I can't find anything on the web site.

On another note - looking at the entry list there appear to be quite a few ITA cars signed up already... might be fun.

------------------
Earl R
Aspiring 240SX pilot

spnkzss
02-14-2005, 02:09 PM
There are a few dates in the new straight pipe. The only one I know of exactly in March 5th at J&L Automotive in Chantilly, VA.

Spanky
#???????? '90 Honda Civic ITC WDCR

MadFrog
02-14-2005, 02:44 PM
thanks for the tips.
Yeah, I saw the dates in the straight pipe:
March 5th at J&L 10:00am to 1:00pm
March 12th at York Auto in MD 10 to 1
TBD at Kearney in MD.

I need to keep my member number handy. It is currently sitting in a large binder, in the race car with all the other racing related stuff for two separate racing organizations.
Being organized can be good, if you keep access to the information... http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

dave parker
02-14-2005, 07:09 PM
Frog
If you are going to play the racecar game with the SCCA then you need to commit to memory your member number, logbook number, and your transponder number. It will save you much aggravation later down the road.

Just wait till you have more than one racecar, that just complicates things even more.

Ask me how i know all this....... http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif
cheers
dave parker
wdcr ITC#97

mlytle
02-14-2005, 09:35 PM
or just write your member number and transponder number on the inside cover of your logbook.
along with the itcs page for your car,

and your assigned paddock space number at summit point. ha!

marshall
wdcr its #64

[This message has been edited by mlytle (edited February 14, 2005).]

MadFrog
02-15-2005, 02:41 PM
ha! I have registered for the school. I won't be at the FATT the day before, but I'll be at the school.
I am spending this weekend at VIR with that "other organization" to break in the car and shake my cobwebs. It's been almost 2 years since i got on track...

I have this nice portable binder that holds my log book, setup sheets, both SCCA and other racing org. info, and car build information.

Problem is that I don't lug that thing around with me at work. I leave it in the car so that I have all docs when I go through tech.
Anyway, see ya'll next month. Can't wait.

dave parker
02-15-2005, 06:19 PM
Frog
Beware leaving that information in your racecar if it lives outside.
Way back when the wife and i had our first racecar, we kept the logbook(s) in the glovebox. The car lived behind our store at Summit Point.
After the first real cold week at Summit that fall I participated in a race with the "other" sanctioning body(my last with them ever). I went to the car to get the logbook for tech and found a family of field mice had made a beautiful new home in my logbook in the glovebox. They were pissed!!! I took their home, threw them out and took my shredded mouse pee stained logbook to tech. The N@#$ tech inspector never even asked what happened to my logbook, although i did advise her to go wash her hands after touching it.
After that weekend i threw away the N@#$ logbook since i won't be running with them anyway.
Another reason to not leave your logbook and such in your car is if it is not a titled vehicle when it gets stolen you have no proof of ownership, and you gave the theives the logbook so they can go race your car. Which has happened by the way. Just stuff to think about.

Cheers
dave parker
wdcr ITC#97

[This message has been edited by dave parker (edited February 15, 2005).]