PDA

View Full Version : Lime Rock Memorial Day Weekend Opportunity

gran racing
02-14-2005, 11:01 PM
I wasn't sure if this would get lost in the June school thread, so I created a new one.

As said on that thread, the June regional is being replaced by a Memorial Fri. & Sat. event. Greg even went so far as teasing us about girls in bikinis... I mean girls and a guy (to be politically correct).

But seriously, 6/24 or Memorial day weekend or some weekend in June? Gee, tough choice there. When is the last time we saw LRP advertising for SCCA events on their main page? Do you think people are not looking to see what the Memorial day weekend event will be? If SCCA doesn't take advantage of this, then we in the N.E. deserve the secret car club of America name. I realise WE have the NARRC, but realistically this IS the event of the year in N.E. from a spectator's perspective. Some race on, oh yeah that's right we don't know when or even if, then again there is the Memorial day weekend event.

What can be done to make this event big?

------------------
Dave Gran
NER ITB #13
'87 Honda Prelude si

gran racing
02-14-2005, 11:04 PM
Race-a-roundy (I mean rama) could be a place we could promote it a bit more. Just being on Memorial day weekend seems like a bigger deal.