PDA

View Full Version : Places to Stay- NHIS

Bill Umstead
02-11-2005, 02:20 PM
I am headed to NHIS in April for the first time. Any suggestions for lodging near NHIS? My wife is coming so it needs to be clean and tidy. The track website lists dozens of hotels and B&Bs, but I have no idea on how local these are to the track.

Thanks in advance.

Bill Umstead

tdw6974
02-11-2005, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Bill Umstead:
I am headed to NHIS in April for the first time. Any suggestions for lodging near NHIS? My wife is coming so it needs to be clean and tidy. The track website lists dozens of hotels and B&Bs, but I have no idea on how local these are to the track.

Thanks in advance.

Bill Umstead
Bill, We went for the August race and Stayed at the Red Roof inn. Indoor pool, breakfast, will accept pets, good rate. The track is North on the same road, Mini mart?gas station next door, Donut Shop, Lots of room to park if you need to for Tow vehicle and trailer. And Good price

RKramden
02-11-2005, 04:50 PM
Something nicer that the Red Roof is the Lovejoy B&B. (Lovejoy Rd, Loudon, 6 miles) Just hope you are not race group 1, as breakfast is a bit late for your needs. It's closer than the RRI.

We have also stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Concord, just off I93 (Exit 13, about 14 miles if you know the "back" way.) Not quite as close as the RRI, but it's only about 10 minutes more.

There are a bunch of other places in the area, but those three are where we try to stay.

(Best Western, Courtyard, Holiday Inn, Hampton Inn, etc. are all in Concord.)

Tilton isn't that far to the track (about 12 miles, vs. 9 for the Red Roof), and in the summer, we used to stay in a place up on the lake in Laconia, that I cannot remember the name of. (13 miles)

[This message has been edited by RKramden (edited February 11, 2005).]

Bill Umstead
02-12-2005, 12:47 PM
Thanks very much for the suggestions. It always helps to have first hand recommendations.

See you at the track.

Bill Umstead

Andy Bettencourt
02-12-2005, 11:07 PM
Bill,

I will second the Red Roof. Cheap, clean and close...we book all our races there ahead of time. Lots of racers stay there as well.

AB

------------------
Andy Bettencourt
New England Region, R188967

www.flatout-motorsports.com (http://www.flatout-motorsports.com)