PDA

View Full Version : Places to stay - Summit Point

erlrich
02-02-2005, 10:16 PM
Can anyone recommend a good (i.e. nice + clean + reasonably priced) place to stay near Summit? Their website lists about 50 places, and I'm just too lazy to call all of them http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

Thanks
Earl

irondragon
02-02-2005, 11:14 PM
Re places to stay while at SP.
For about ten years I have stayed at the Knights Inn in Charles Town WV. (There is also a K I in Martinsburg, and I don't know anything about it).
K I in C T is a well run, clean and decently priced place. The owners live on premises .
There are several sources of eats within short walking distance.
It takes about 20 minutes to drive to SP, but I've not found any place much closer.
If you are arriving late tell the k I people.
They honour late arrival requests.
Please tell the K I people that I recommended their hotel.
It likely won't get you a better rate but they may give me and my crew a discount!!
Best Regards and Sleep Well - Bill Miskoe
Their Phone # 304-725-2041

philstireservice
02-03-2005, 12:10 AM
Speaking of places to stay near Summit. There was a new hotel going up right off the Inwood exit on the right. Anyone know if it is open and what the name is????

------------------
Phil Phillips
2004 Honda Challenge H3
NASA ECHC CHAMPION

www.philstireservice.com

aeronca65t
02-03-2005, 09:12 AM
The Quality Inn and Comfort Inn are both fine (when I'm not sleeping in my truck).
For anyone who's interested in seeing the SP list you mentioned, it's here:

http://www.summitpoint-raceway.com/accommodation.htm

[This message has been edited by aeronca65t (edited February 03, 2005).]

dave parker
02-03-2005, 01:59 PM
If I did not live so close to the track that I slept in my own bed every night. I would stay at the Hampton Inn in Winchester on Route 50. It is new, clean, close to many good restaurants, and about 15 minutes from the track.

The new hotel in Inwood is still under construction. I think it is going to be a Sleep/Comfort inn.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
dave parker
wdcr ITC#97

02-08-2005, 11:19 PM
I live close by, but in the past when I had to run in the first group, I usually stayed at the Shoney's Inn right off the end of the ramp at Rt7/I-81.
Seems to me like Shoney's was the "track or DC Region motel" for a while, and gave a pretty good SCCA discount.