PDA

View Full Version : Competition License

67ITB
12-17-2004, 12:16 PM
I am looking for the POC to get my Regional Competition License renewed for the spring of 2005
I have not competed since September 2003. I still have an SCCA membership, just no recent seat time.
Do I have to go back to a school? (I know it couldn’t hurt!!)

No changes in medical status, just had to take 18 months off for personal reasons

Any info on this process would be greatly appreciated, as I really want to get back on the track this spring and figured it may take some time to get this done

Thanks in advance for your help

Matt Bal

Greg Amy
12-17-2004, 12:33 PM
Matt, you need to discuss your situation with the Divisional license chairman, Jack Hanifan. he will be able to make the determination on your licensing requirements.

You should be able to find his info either on the NER web site (www.ner.org) or in Pit Talk.

Greg

Tom Donnelly
12-17-2004, 12:37 PM
Matt,

If your local license chairman knows you or you have copies of previous track records, log book info etc, you might get the school(s) waived. Find out who it is and just ask. The schools don't hurt though and its track time with feedback from another driver.

I'm in the same situation and was told I could probably get by, I just needed to send some history in writting. I going to do a few schools first 'cause seat time doesn't hurt.

Tom

dickita15
12-17-2004, 07:30 PM
Matt
Jack's email is [email protected].

Just tell him what you have been up to for the last 18 months, you should be fine.

Dick Patullo

joeg
12-18-2004, 10:29 AM
You will likely need a Phys exam, especially if you are over 40 (every two years)and those can be downloaded off the SCCA.com site (along with the license applications.

Regards.

Schools are definitely cool track time, so don't worry if you do not get an outright waiver.

Cheers.

67ITB
12-18-2004, 04:43 PM
Thanks for all the help guys.

Greg,
I thought that Jack was the guy, and I couldn’t find his info on the NER site.
Thanks

Tom,
I don’t mind going to school again. As it has been a while since I have driven (a car) and it’s all seat time and that’s a good thing

Dick,
Thanks for the address; I just sent him a e-mail with a small explanation of what I have been up to.

Joeg,
Luckily I am not too close to 40, but if needed the physical is probably the easiest part of this process for me. And I don’t mind going to a school, just wanted to get the ball rolling as I know these things can take time

So now I will have to wait and see how I make out. I still have a few months to get this worked out.
Thanks again for all your help guys

Matt Bal

lateapex911
12-18-2004, 04:52 PM
Matt-

Are you kidding??

You're IN! Jack will have no issues with you!

WELCOME HOME, and THANKS!!

------------------
Jake Gulick
CarriageHouse Motorsports
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by lateapex911 (edited December 18, 2004).]

67ITB
12-20-2004, 01:14 PM
I spoke (E-mail) with Jack H. and he has got me pointed in the right direction. I should be able to take care of all this before the snow melts in New England

Jake,
Thank you, and your welcome, unfortunately it’s a little early for that………I am not home yet!!! I will be here through elections but it’s only a few more months. So there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks again guys for all your help.
Matt Bal

tdw6974
12-20-2004, 04:23 PM
[Jake,
Thank you, and your welcome, unfortunately it’s a little early for that………I am not home yet!!! I will be here through elections but it’s only a few more months. So there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Matt Bal[/B][/QUOTE]
Matt, you be careful. Look for you back on track soon. Tom weaver

JackH55
12-20-2004, 07:39 PM
Jake,
You are right!

It is just a rubber stamp!

Jack

lateapex911
12-21-2004, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by 67ITB:

Jake,

Matt Bal

Not too early at all. Just stay safe. We all owe you one. I look forward to seeing your car on the track more than I do my own.

------------------
Jake Gulick
CarriageHouse Motorsports
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]

16v
12-22-2004, 03:47 AM
thank you Matt. Bring that photo I sent home with you