PDA

View Full Version : Split Grid for Group 2

JLawton
10-04-2004, 08:28 AM
Can anyone fill me in on the reason the Miatas wanted a split grid for group 2? I know some of the Miata guys check in here......

It seems it would have been a little unfair for the top cars in ITB???

Thanks!

------------------
Jeff L
#74 ITB GTi

Fiesta#80ITC
10-04-2004, 10:17 AM
Whats the differance you are racing against ITB cars not SM

RSTPerformance
10-04-2004, 10:27 AM
As a top ITB car, I am in favor of split grids. I don't mind being in the front or the back. Personally I like the back, makes for a lot of fun!!! I started 41st on Saturday and made my way up to 16th overall in 8 green flag laps!!!

I got some great video of both the accidents also...

Raymond "Who said the grass in the downhill was slower?" Blethen

JLawton
10-04-2004, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Fiesta#80ITC:
Whats the differance you are racing against ITB cars not SM

Since the speeds of the two classes are close, I would think that the faster ITB cars would catch the slower Miatas in a lap or two and then spend the rest of the race fighting Miata back markers.....

I was only curious since it had not impact (an understatement!!)on me starting in the back.

Ray,
I've never seen anyone use as much of the track as you did!! And as much of the grass.... and dirt..... Are you sure you didn't have your Dirt Stockers on? http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/biggrin.gif

------------------
Jeff L
#74 ITB GTi

RSTPerformance
10-04-2004, 12:57 PM
NO dirt stockers!!! Just on a mission to catch those other Audi's!!! LOL... Made for some great in car footage...

I think that some of that talent comes from the Rallycross events and Ice Racing!!! Join us this winter in the "off season" for some good times!!!

Raymond "on the edge" Blethen