PDA

View Full Version : WGI Fun one, 08/18, 08/19

moto62
09-08-2004, 12:39 AM
http://www.nescca.com/registration/current...ount.asp?ID=112 (http://www.nescca.com/registration/currentcount.asp?ID=112)
So who else is going? I haven't been there in about four years so I am really looking forward to this. Such a great track. If anyone is hoteling it, book it now. There is some wine tasting thang going on at the winery up there that weekend and all the really close hotels are already booked up. See you all there.
Ray

Correct dates- 09/18-09/19

[This message has been edited by moto62 (edited September 08, 2004).]

dpc
09-08-2004, 08:12 AM
Ray, see you there. What a great race weekend. dave

benspeed
09-08-2004, 09:04 AM
I'll be there - this event is a blast.

------------------
BenSpeed
#33 ITS RX7
BigSpeed Racing
[email protected]
NNJR

jcmotorsports
09-08-2004, 10:16 AM
I'm there. Looks like an interesting ITS field!!!!
john costello

RSTPerformance
09-08-2004, 10:30 AM
I was going to go just for sunday on my way out to the valvoline runnoffs but 225 for a one day is a little much for me and you can't leave your rig at the track for the week. I've heard it is one of the best races at the glen all year with lot's of cars. Good luck to all and enjoy! The long track is my favorite track that I have run on with Tremblant a close second. The short track is the most boring track I've run at but that's because I have an ITB car.... only 1 hard braking zone then a lite braking zone for the chicane (Which I love) then back around to do it again. Oh ya I do lift at the left hander before the front straight.

Oh ya Ray If you get the chance go early or stay late and visit some wineries! They have great wine throughout the fingerlakes!

Have fun at the "Fun One"!
Stephen

moto62
09-08-2004, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by RSTPerformance:
The long track is my favorite track that I have run on with Tremblant a close second. The short track is the most boring track I've run at but that's because I have an ITB car.... only 1 hard braking zone then a lite braking zone for the chicane (Which I love) then back around to do it again.

Most people seem to like the long course but I actually prefer the short course. It's just fast and furious. Like a giant Lime Rock Park. The boot never excited me and in my opinion, it's just there to use up your car.

Oh ya Ray If you get the chance go early or stay late and visit some wineries! They have great wine throughout the fingerlakes!
Have fun at the "Fun One"!
Stephen

I'm not a big wine person unless they can come up with one that tastes like beer http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif
Ray

RSTPerformance
09-08-2004, 03:35 PM
Ray-

I agree with you,l I love the short course... stephen just can't handle it I think... The left hander scares him...

Anyway if you are interested in a good place that is a viniard and a BREWERY go to Wagner Vineyards. Great BEER and great wine. A tasting of both will cause a recomended delay before driving the rig. Great cafe as well for some afternoon lunch. I did it last year and had a blast... great views of the lake as well.

http://www.wagnervineyards.com/

Raymond

09-08-2004, 05:38 PM
What is the deal with leaving your trailer at the track?

I think I will be showing up late thursday like 10-12 midnight. Will they let me in the track?

I am going to sleep at the track. Like I do at LRP and NHIS.

Will this be a problem?

Greg Amy
09-08-2004, 06:08 PM
<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\">What is the deal with leaving your trailer at the track?</font>

He's talking about driving to the event and competing, then leaving his trailer there to continue on to Mid-Ohio for the Runoffs (as a spectator/crew), returning in a week to grab the trailer on the way home.

Camping and early arrivals are usually welcomed, but I suggest you call ahead on the Thursday arrival.

JohnRW
09-08-2004, 06:09 PM
SCCA & 'Test Day' Registration will not open until 6am on Friday. WGI will not allow us into the facility prior to that.

You may leave trailers in the gravel field behind the main Registration area, before and after the weekend. It's not within a fence, and not guarded, but there are usually people in motorhomes camping up there, waiting for Registration to open, so it is somewhat secure.

lateapex911
09-08-2004, 09:31 PM
Do they have showers at the Glen?

By the way..the long course rocks.

------------------
Jake Gulick
CarriageHouse Motorsports
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]

JohnRW
09-08-2004, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by lateapex911:

It's a little early for a weather forecast.

moto62
09-09-2004, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by JohnRW:
It's a little early for a weather forecast.

Bwahhhhhh! That's a good one.

Not since the last time I was there. Check your email for hotel info as far as where we're staying etc.
Ray

RSTPerformance
09-09-2004, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by JohnRW:
SCCA & 'Test Day' Registration will not open until 6am on Friday. WGI will not allow us into the facility prior to that.

You may leave trailers in the gravel field behind the main Registration area, before and after the weekend. It's not within a fence, and not guarded, but there are usually people in motorhomes camping up there, waiting for Registration to open, so it is somewhat secure.

GregA... exactly what I meant.

John, Can you leave a rig the entire week? I would be leaving it sunday afternoon until the following sunday evening.

Stephen

joeg
09-09-2004, 07:48 AM
Long term storage at the Glen?--Not likely!

dickita15
09-09-2004, 07:58 AM
stephen. i think you would be better off finding a local racer that could spare a parking spot for the week

JohnRW
09-09-2004, 10:25 AM

John, Can you leave a rig the entire week? I would be leaving it sunday afternoon until the following sunday evening.

Stephen

WGI doesn't seem to have any trouble with people leaving trailers and cars in the field behind the Registration building. Security and the folks at the main gate have been telling early-arrivers to put their stuff up there for years. There as been a 40' trailer up there for the last 2 weeks that hasn't moved.

Like I said...it's not inside the track grounds, and it's not 'restricted' or 'guarded' in any way. If you have a hitch lock, you'll be fine. You could call the track and ask, but that just gives somebody the opportunity to say "no" - (607) 535 2486

jcmotorsports
09-09-2004, 06:51 PM
does anyone know the limit for the number of cars in a run group?
john costello

tdw6974
09-09-2004, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by jcmotorsports:
does anyone know the limit for the number of cars in a run group?
john costello

John, Seems like I remmeber 66 to 68 last year in our group ITA Miata, and others. Firehawk Started 139 http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/eek.gif in one 24 Hour but doubt that will be approached for this race

------------------
Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1980 RX-7 ITA #63
"Hemi Haulin' Rotary"

tdw6974
09-09-2004, 07:59 PM

By the way..the long course rocks.

Jake, No Showers yet have completed the Flush Johns and water systems. Showers are on the agenda. I know that the stae park has Showers available in the camping areas. Not far from track.

ITZ34
09-09-2004, 09:14 PM
Stephan:

I live in the area. Have room for a rig if that helps

DC

moto62
09-12-2004, 11:01 PM
Looks like there will be showers at the glen afterall.
http://www.weather.com/activities/other/ot...?locid=USNY1528 (http://www.weather.com/activities/other/other/weather/tenday.html?locid=USNY1528)

We're talking deluge from the effects of Ivan. Not good.
Ray

almracing
09-13-2004, 09:46 AM
Ray,

Looked for you this weekend. Drop me an email---anthony422 at aol dot com. Lisa took pitty on you and had a book for you.

Anthony R.
#86 ITA NER

joeg
09-13-2004, 11:56 AM
No one can be certain about that hurricane track.

It could land up in Mexico.

Cheers.

moto62
09-13-2004, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by almracing:
Ray,

Looked for you this weekend. Drop me an email---anthony422 at aol dot com. Lisa took pitty on you and had a book for you.

Anthony R.
#86 ITA NER

That is awesome. I'll be at the Glen this weekend and LRP for the Narcoffs in Oct. Maybe I'll see you at one of those events. Thanks Lisa.
Ray

almracing
09-13-2004, 11:20 PM
Ray --

I am done for the season, so you need to email me your address. (see email above) Sorry though... not alot of pictures in this one.

Anthony R.
#86 ITA NER

lateapex911
09-14-2004, 12:42 PM
Hey all you WGI experts...I seem to remember that for those of us showing up late Friday night, paddocking is in the boonies, and there is no power....is that still the case?

Or, do I need a generator?

------------------
Jake Gulick
CarriageHouse Motorsports
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]

Tom Blaney
09-14-2004, 02:56 PM
Hey all you WGI experts...I seem to remember that for those of us showing up late Friday night, paddocking is in the boonies, and there is no power....is that still the case?

Or, do I need a generator?

Bring a generator, and some dry clothes http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif I'll be in garage 19A if you need a dry place to stand....

Rabbit05
09-15-2004, 04:55 PM
I hope they keep all the IT groups together, that would be alot of fun ! How often do you see all the IT's together, Especially in the NE.....See you all there and dont forget your rain tires.... http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

John ITC Rabbit 05

jcmotorsports
09-15-2004, 05:20 PM
let it rain, let it rain, let it rain! http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/wink.gif

[This message has been edited by jcmotorsports (edited September 15, 2004).]

moto62
09-17-2004, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by jcmotorsports:
let it rain, let it rain, let it rain! http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/wink.gif

I'm all set. Bring it on man. Got ahold of some rain tires today(thanks Richie H), even went out and bought a rain coat. http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif
Ray

tdw6974
09-17-2004, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by moto62:
I'm all set. Bring it on man. Got ahold of some rain tires today(thanks Richie H), even went out and bought a rain coat. http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif
Ray

ITS POURING

------------------
Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1980 RX-7 ITA #63
"Hemi Haulin' Rotary"

Weaver7
09-17-2004, 07:38 AM
It is supposed to let up Saturday AM worst case we will be qualifiying in the wet.....See everyone there.

tdw6974
09-17-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Weaver7:
It is supposed to let up Saturday AM worst case we will be qualifiying in the wet.....See everyone there.

ITS STILL POURING 2:15 PM and ITS & ITA have been moved to Group 7!

------------------
"Hemi Haulin' Rotary"

p99ro
09-17-2004, 11:40 PM
Did Practice. WOW RAIN FOG I could see my hood pins.Back in the foam at the entrance to the straight, fixed bumper ready to go get chased by 160mph cars in the rain ye ha.
Scott CRX NER ITA

moto62
09-20-2004, 02:16 AM
Woooooo hooooooooo. Whoever didn't go, you missed a great weekend. Bright sunshine both days. Great racing on Sat in ITA on the long course with a battle between Blaney, Serra and myself. You couldn't count the number of times we swapped positions per lap. I had the upper hand late in the race but Tom did a real Kamikaze banzai move on me to take the lead with only three turns left to go,and got the win. Sunday on the short course was a different story. Serra 1st, Blaney 2nd, Liggett 3rd, Scott Haven 4th. Way to go Scotty. Where was I, you ask. Well, I was in the gravel pit at turn 9,I believe,(lefthander)and I have to say this. David Cuifo, #34 ITS 280z, You are an Assh***. You punted me off T9 and it could have been a serious incident. Lucky for me, I ended up in the gravel trap damn near rolling the F***ing the car. The Chief Steward talked me out of filing a protest and since I am really nice guy(I gave Tom the win on sat http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif) I said OK. But I also thought that you would have had the common decency to at least come over and apologize to me for being stupid driver for a moment or at least check to see if I was ok or how bad was the soil content in my underpants. Doing a full 360 and a half Nelson with a twist is no fun at 90+ mph. Other than that, It was a great weekend. What was even scarier than the spin was the fact that we(ITA and ITS) were grouped with GT1,2,3 etc, AS and a few other super fast cars for Saturdays race but after the race chair and the powers in charge heard our cries, they put us back in with the B and C cars. Whew! Now let's talk about Sat nite dinner. Pig roast, real pig, not BBQ pulled pig from a can, corn, potatoes, baked ziti and salad. Very delicious. A very commendable spread along with beer, beer light, wine and soda, and that was the biggest suck part of the weekend. Noooo, not the beer but the fact that I couldn't have any because I'm on medication. Sucked to be me http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/biggrin.gif.
Overall, Finger Lakes Region put on a great event and from what I could see, everything went rather smooth. Great job.
Ray

joeg
09-20-2004, 11:07 AM
While the Saturday race was a lot of fun; that Sunday nonsense was a complete gong show.

I particularly "liked" the banzai "do or die" shortened qualifying--just an invitation to problems on that "short course".

There was a simple solution to all this which was to move all non-ITA/ITS in Group 6 to the SpecMiata Group.

And as a late group, I don't think a post-race mandatory driver meeting, followed by an impound for top threes is very considerate; we all have lengthy tows home.

Just imagine if the no-shows showed on Sunday.

Cheers.

ITSRX7
09-20-2004, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by moto62:
The Chief Steward talked me out of filing a protest...

Gotta ask this Ray:

Why would the CS try and 'talk you out of it'? How are things on-track supposed to get any better if drivers aren't held accountable for their actions? Was it just the easiest thing to do?

Disclaimer - I wasn't there, know nothing about this specific incident - just asking in generic terms.

AB

------------------
Andy Bettencourt
ITS RX-7 & Spec Miata 1.6 (ITA project)
New England Region R188967
www.flatout-motorsports.com (http://www.flatout-motorsports.com)

ITZ34
09-20-2004, 11:41 AM
Your recollection is not quite the same as the facts. Trying to force me into the guardrail at speed at the 200 ft mark so you can get optimum line instead of passing on the inside is not quite punting. My crew also heard the corner worker on the scanner call in that I was tagged by your car. And frankly, I'm not interested in the contents of your underwear, but I suspect it the same as the contents of your hat.

Dave Ciufo
ITS 240Z # 34

Weaver7
09-20-2004, 12:11 PM
Ray glad you could make it and had somewhat of a good time. Whatever happened to Jake I thought he was coming also?

Tom Blaney
09-20-2004, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by ITZ34:
Your recollection is not quite the same as the facts. Trying to force me into the guardrail at speed at the 200 ft mark so you can get optimum line instead of passing on the inside is not quite punting. My crew also heard the corner worker on the scanner call in that I was tagged by your car. And frankly, I'm not interested in the contents of your underwear, but I suspect it the same as the contents of your hat.

Dave Ciufo
ITS 240Z # 34

Dave:
I didn't see the incident that you and Ray had on Sunday, but frankly I had some real issues with your driving "manners" everytime I had to deal with you. You blocked me a number of times when I was trying to pass you and made it rather risky to get the job done. I appreciate the humbling fact that you have an ITS car that is being passed by a number of ITA cars, but next time think about being in the other guy's driving shoes.

ITZ34
09-20-2004, 01:44 PM
Tom:

It doesn't bother me to be passed by a fast ITA car or any other faster car. I wasn't trying to block you or anyone else, but don't expect me to relinquish the best line and wave you by... especially at the Glen, where you can pass almost everywhere. If I think I'm holding someone up for extended time, I will try to let them through, especially if they're battling someone else in their class, but don't expect a gimme from me just because you pull up behind me.

Dave Ciufo

benspeed
09-20-2004, 05:15 PM
Gentlemen - it's all about respect. On and off the track. Ray - I appreciate your were pissed but nobody wants or deserves to be publically slammed on this forum. Only makes for bad blood. Dave, you should say sorry if Ray thought you ruined his race - he was stuck and probably major pissed and is also running high in the points. If you guys tangled you owe each other an apology at the track - not here. I had a guy pound in the side of my car at NHIS two weekends ago and push me into the dirt. (Before my hub sheared and my wheel went airbourn-probably related to the beating.) Man was I pissed. He came over and said sorry. I wanted to tell him a thing or two but I figured saying, "hey, you didn't do it on purpose" would be the better way. At least I didn't say anything I regretted.

Everybody drive the line and be safe.

------------------
BenSpeed
#33 ITS RX7
BigSpeed Racing
[email protected]
NNJR

benspeed
09-20-2004, 05:28 PM
PS - that was before the Sunday race when the same spot on my car got hammered again. (different driver) The guy came by and said sorry and with a smile and gritted teeth I said, "hey, it's not like you did it on purpose."

------------------
BenSpeed
#33 ITS RX7
BigSpeed Racing
[email protected]
NNJR

moto62
09-20-2004, 06:45 PM
Your recollection is not quite the same as the facts. Trying to force me into the guardrail at speed at the 200 ft mark so you can get optimum line instead of passing on the inside is not quite punting.
Dave Ciufo
ITS 240Z # 34
Ahhh! So there is a person behind the name. If I squeezed you then I'm sorry. The fact still remains. I just did a downshift and was about to turn in when the bump occurred. I was almost a full car length past you based on the yellow paint from the left front corner of your front bumper that was left on the right rear bumper of my car. I left you a whole lane to use but I guess that wasn't enough. If someone was that far ahead of me and gave me a squeeze, I would back out of it just to avoid any incident. If you want a pic of your paint mark, I'll send it to you. If you had stopped over after the race, I could have showed it you.

My crew also heard the corner worker on the scanner call in that I was tagged by your car.
Thats rather funny! Since I had the pleasure joining the workers at T9 as they discussed the incident. The story was quite different.
Maybe someday we can get together and watch some in car video. It is quite entertaining.

Andy B- Let me rephrase. The CS and I discussed. I didn't go in there ranting that I wanted to file a protest.I went in and more or less requested what I should do about the incident and since I approached him in that manner, he suggested that I go find the driver advocate(for lack of a better title due to memory lapse) over at the grid and then go find Mr. David and he could sort of mediate the situation between us. I agreed to do so but then I decided to go find Mr. David myself. But then, another thought came to mind. Why should I go looking for Mr. David, he should be looking for me and I figured if he came over to see me , we could talk over the incident and if he didn't come over I figured one of two things. He thought he did no wrong or he's just a plain ______ . Well, as you all know, he never came over.
Enough of this. Gotta go fix the car.
Ray

ITZ34
09-20-2004, 07:54 PM
Ray:

I don't want to get in a p---ing contest with you on this site, but since you started pointing fingers... You tell me how it's my fault that your right rear came together with my left front when you were passing me going into a left hander, unless you chopped me off. You hadn't cleared yet, and caught my corner. If I felt it was my fault, I would have been over to see you before my suit was off. If you want to talk about it instead of trading barbs, email me and I'll give you my phone #

Dave

[email protected]

Nick Leverone
09-23-2004, 12:10 AM
Hey, how many cars can you get in garage at WG?

------------------
Nick Leverone
04 ITS Mazda Rx-7
www.flatout-motorsports.com

moto62
09-23-2004, 12:20 AM
Dave-You've got mail.
Ray

dpc
09-23-2004, 08:06 AM
Nick, at least 2 sm on a side, if you rent the whole garage (2 halves) at least 5or6 sm. dave

Rabbit05
09-23-2004, 08:19 AM
Well on the lighter side of things.....

The weather was nice ,although it seemed like it was gonna snow anytime..We had a great time, running with that many cars was interesting..Saturday, with the split start seemed more trouble free than the Sunday start.... But Saturday we got the win in ITC and a new track record and Sunday we finished second....All in all a great weekend for the rabid Rabbit..... http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

John
VanDenburgh Motorsports
ITC Rabbit 05

Tom Blaney
09-23-2004, 08:53 AM
Does anybody have the results from Saturday and Sunday, I never got to pickup the finals.

ITZ34
09-23-2004, 09:10 PM
Ray:

Got it. Kicked it back.

Dave

rbt510
09-24-2004, 05:59 PM
[quote]Originally posted by Rabbit05:
[B]
.... But Saturday we got the win in ITC and a new track record and Sunday we finished second....All in all a great weekend for the rabid Rabbit..... http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

John,
Congrats on the track record. What was your time, and what was the old one?
So who got the win on Sunday, and who else was there from NER??
Hope to make the NARRC's ,but it may be only as spectator...

Bob
#25 ITC
Datsun 510

Nick Leverone
09-25-2004, 08:17 AM
Two cars in a garage for $60.00, that's great?

------------------
Nick Leverone
04 ITS Mazda Rx-7
www.flatout-motorsports.com

tdw6974
09-25-2004, 08:54 AM
Nick, 2 cars will be real tight would need to nose to tail and would not allow much work room. I know Scot and Ray shared a garage but as I recall if one or the other was working on car the other would pull out to allow more room. Sort of depends on size of the cars. Now with the new "Nascar" doors 20' wide you can pull straight in and out making it easier access.Still not a bad deal if the weather is crappy

------------------
"Hemi Haulin' Rotary"

Rabbit05
09-25-2004, 01:33 PM
Hey Bob....On Sunday Meg Meyer got us in a I think 91' Honda Civic....She did a great job and congrats to her..! The old track record, my crew chief keeps all the times/ paper work, I think was a 3:30:00 or around that , we turned a 3:29:500...Now I am not a hundred percent sure on the times but it was somthing like that...Now I'm not sure that I want to sell the car anymore..It s going too good..
I hope to see ya there...hopfully as a driver..I d love to see a 510 in action. I have a thing for box like cars..

John

VanDenburgh Motorsports
ITC Rabbit 05