PDA

View Full Version : NORTHEAST ITE RULES/ CARS

ERIC THOMPSON
09-08-2004, 11:12 AM
I AM THE OWNER OF AN OPEN CLASS CLUBRALLY
CELICA ALLTRAC TURBO AND I WOULD LIKE TO START ROADRACING. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT WHAT RULES ARE MANDATED FOR ITE SCINCE THE SCCA DOESNT RECOGNIZE THIS CLASS ANYMORE. ANY INFO WOULD BE GREAT / I HAVE PLENTY OF QUESTIONS.

bg43wex
09-08-2004, 12:04 PM
Eric the rules can be located on the Northern New Jersey web site. check under the NARRC section

brian m

Terry Hanushek
09-09-2004, 05:43 AM
Eric

<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\">I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT WHAT RULES ARE MANDATED FOR ITE SCINCE THE SCCA DOESNT RECOGNIZE THIS CLASS ANYMORE. ANY INFO WOULD BE GREAT / I HAVE PLENTY OF QUESTIONS.</font>

The Washington DC Region ITE rules are on their web site:

http://www.wdcr-scca.org/marrs/2004_ITE.pdf

Terry

eprodrx7
09-09-2004, 07:51 AM
What about SPO and SPU?

dickita15
09-09-2004, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by eprodrx7:
What about SPO and SPU?

spo is actually gcr SP. narrc and nysrrc added spu, sp under 2.5 liters. that should be in the narrc rules on the nnjr site as well. spu was a one line rule change.
dick
oh yea spu has to be normally aspirated too. turbos put you in spo.

john if your question is where are the rules the answer is above. if you were suggesting that the celica could run in spo, it could but would have to meet gt safety rules rather that IT. that would be a lot of extra work.

[This message has been edited by dickita15 (edited September 09, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by dickita15 (edited September 09, 2004).]

eprodrx7
09-09-2004, 04:29 PM
Dick,
Thanks for the info but I was thinking more along the lines of cars with engine swaps and such. Like if the toyota had a Tundra V8 in it!

ITSRX7
09-09-2004, 04:37 PM
If the car is legal for a series outside of SCCA, it is legal for NER's ITE. Just check for specific rules like tires and safety.

For example, the way I read the rules, you could take a Japanese-spec Touring car, slap DOT tires on it, pass the safety test and you are in.

AB

------------------
Andy Bettencourt
ITS RX-7 & Spec Miata 1.6 (ITA project)
New England Region R188967
www.flatout-motorsports.com (http://www.flatout-motorsports.com)

jcmotorsports
09-09-2004, 05:30 PM
http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/cool.gifNow that's an idea andy!!!!
a jgtc car! i think marc would choke me if i brought one of those to his shop!!!!!
john costello

dickita15
09-09-2004, 06:29 PM
our favorite ite rule set for beer speculating is group 7 (i think) fia rally. motor must be same manufaturer as body. that's about it.
dick

ERIC THOMPSON
09-11-2004, 05:43 PM
thanks for the reply! being that my car is all wheel drive i think i'm limited to ITE
however... are the rules the same for all regions concerning ITE or is there at least a median... basically as long as i am legal
for the northeast i'm ok... how do i get tech inspected to find out with out having to schlep my car 3 hrs for the closest event to possibly not comply... being a resident of NYC... THANKS AGAIN

ERIC THOMPSON
09-11-2004, 05:51 PM
THE DC REGION ITE RULES SEEM TO ONLY BE FOR CARS THAT WERE ORIGINALLY IN A COMPETETIVE ROAD RACING SERIES.... MAYBE I'M MISINTERPRETING THEM? THANKS AGAIN.. HOPE TO KICK SOME BUTT ON THE TRACK SOON.. ALSO HAS ANY ONE SEEN THE ROADCOURSE UNDER CONSTRUCTION AT ENGLISHTOWN RACEWAY? FINALLY A LOCAL TRACK (1/2 HOUR DRIVE FROM NYC)..

Terry Hanushek
09-13-2004, 12:07 PM
Eric

<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\">THE DC REGION ITE RULES SEEM TO ONLY BE FOR CARS THAT WERE ORIGINALLY IN A COMPETETIVE ROAD RACING SERIES....</font>

That is correct - there is a list of eligible series in the rules. It is the competitor's responsibility to validate that his car conforms to the series specs. It is not a 'run what ya brung' class.

DC Region also has SPU (naturally aspirated under two liters) and SPO (all other Super Production) classes. These cars have more liberal elgibility and preparation rules but must meet GT safety standards.

<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\">ALSO HAS ANY ONE SEEN THE ROADCOURSE UNDER CONSTRUCTION AT ENGLISHTOWN RACEWAY? FINALLY A LOCAL TRACK (1/2 HOUR DRIVE FROM NYC).. </font>

I am not sure that this course is intended for SCCA Club Racing. I have heard that some of its specifications do not meet the SCCA minimums. There has been no request to inspect that track which must be completed before races are scheduled.

Terry

dickita15
09-13-2004, 03:42 PM
Eric, looks like you will have to run Narrc (north atlantic road racing championship) that is run by the 4 regions in the northeast incluning NNJR where you live. come to lime rock oct 1 and 2 for the Narrc runoffs and check us all out.
dick patullo
ner
ps the folks on this board dicourage all caps.

ERIC THOMPSON
09-14-2004, 01:39 PM
i read the rules for ITE on the NARRC page..
not very specific in regards to vehicle specs(wheel and tire size especially)

dickita15
09-14-2004, 04:04 PM
you are right it is not very specific. the way it is implemented you must meet GCR and IT safety specs and run on dot tires. it let you run pretty much what you want but so can your competition. you could run againt a twin turbo 944. the other problem with the class is it runs with big bore cars, gt1 A sedan ect. if you are really set on racing this car for some reason it is availabe but if you want top race i can give you a hunded reaxons why it would be cheaper and more fun to race a itb,ita or its car.
dick patullo
ita rx7 ner scca