PDA

View Full Version : A Funny Jake Story

Tkczecheredflag
09-03-2004, 10:38 AM
In the early 90’s I started with this club as a corner worker, under the leadership of Dick P. At the time I didn’t know too many people, let alone Jake, but was introduced to him by a mutual acquaintance, through an in car video that Jake shot at LRP. This mutual friend passed along the video, knowing my interest in racing. Jake was hot in his RX-7 that day, and the video captured what I was striving for, I wanted to race. Jake was my first and immediate SCCA hero. I remember in the video, his great driving skills, and in addition, a cute note taped to the dash that said “HI MOM”, and, at the end of the race, when he arrived in the paddock, a beautiful blonde (female) jumped into the car, and with much enthusiasm reported Jakes impressive times. Years later after getting my ITA Si on the track, Jake captured a spot on the podium. We were reminiscing the race, his blonde friend was with him and I was reminding him that I had this video and that he was my first intro to racing. I turned to his blonde friend and stated, “You were in the video too. I reminded her how she jumped in the car, gave him a big hug and reported the lap times”. She replied to me by saying, “This is my first time at the race track”. I’m not sure if I was more embarrassed at that moment, or when I crashed into the T-3 wall at NHIS. Well Jake you’re still my Hero. Congrats again
Tim Klvana
ITC #11