PDA

View Full Version : Summit Point advice needed....

Bugeater
08-24-2004, 12:56 PM
Hey,
I am going to participate in the MARRS 7&8 races labor day weekend, and have never been to the track...I was wondering if there were any of you out there that could help me with tips on the track, paddock setup locations, places to stay by experience and places to avoid!
Does anyone have track video available that I could download?

Anyone have a writeup of the line around the track?

I will be running in ITE. Whats the competition like?

Any help is appreciated!

Regards,
John

gwalsh
08-24-2004, 01:03 PM
Plan on being there by thurs am early (at the latest) if you want to have any choice of getting a decent paddock spot. This event usually draws 300+ cars.

Jake
08-24-2004, 02:47 PM
http://www.racerjake.com/Summit.htm

One of my videos includes a full lap.

Bugeater
08-24-2004, 04:33 PM
Thanks Jake, Funny, I did a search, found your vid earlier but tried to D/L it at work and no dice...I will try to check it out at home.

Thanks!

Bill Umstead
08-25-2004, 02:27 PM
John,

If you need directions, see the thread on SUMMIT POINT DIRECTIONS from March 2004. You can find it using the search engine on this forum.

My wife and I were at SP in March and stayed at the Shoney Inn (it may have changed names) in Winchester, VA. It is an easy trip to the track from Winchester using the back roads.

Get there early. We arrived on Friday at noon (This was a National event) and had to paddock on a hillside in the mud. Not fun.

The track is great and a blast to drive. Have fun and be safe.

Bill Umstead

mlytle
09-01-2004, 12:25 AM
380 cars are registered for this weekend....should be fun!