PDA

View Full Version : RAL Weekend NHIS

bg43wex
08-03-2004, 03:13 PM
Just a quick reminder that RAL weekend is approaching August 28th & 29th. this is the weekend we try and raise some money for charity, Pledge sheets are availible at www.ner.org (http://www.ner.org)

please take a minute to download a pledge sheet.

thanx brian m

16v
08-13-2004, 12:07 AM
Event schedule is now online as well

------------------
Doug :)
NER.org (http://ner.org)
the16v.com (http://the16v.com)
briansgarage.com (http://www.briansgarage.com)

Tkczecheredflag
08-13-2004, 09:37 AM
Brian - I have about 70 families I correspond with via a newsletter after each race. I have promoted the RAL Event as a fund raiser, with a rewards program for pledging ($1, 5, 10) per lap. I am looking for a big response so keep your fingers crossed. I am posting the offer for all to see. Maybe others will find it intersting for their fans/supporters.

Tim Klvana
ITC #11

Race Fans

I need your help!

On August 29th the CPM Motorsports Honda #11 CRX and I, will be Racing Against Leukemia at New Hampshire International Speedway. The Sports Car Club of America - New England Region, have for the past dozen years (at least), been raising money to help Fight Leukemia. The money we raise is donated to UMASS Medical School. In the past I have made a personal donation to help fight this dreaded illness, this year I want to do more. Will you help me?

Here is what I am proposing.

I would like as many people as possible to donate one (1) United States Dollar for each lap completed of the 22 lap race. So if I complete 22 laps you contribute 22 dollars. I am attaching a flyer for your review. Your contribution does qualify for a tax deduction. I will provide a receipt for your contribution.

Here's what I am offering.

For those who need a little motivation here's what I am offering.

For each person who contributes $22 I will provide a "photo opp" with you seated in the race car, with any of the race regalia you want to wear (helmets, gloves, race suit), at my house or at the track.

For those who are feeling like doing more I will raise the bar. For those who are interested $5 a lap for a total of $110, you will be my guest and Crew Member at the NARRC-OFFS held at Lime Rock Park on OCT 2nd of this year. This is always an excting year end event and is usually a deciding factor for the NARRC Championship series. You will be with The CPM Motorsprts/Czechered Flag Team, in the paddock close to the action. My only risk in this promise is if I break or crash the car prior to the event. Never the less I will make good on my end of the bargain for this level of contribution.

For those of you looking to do even more there is this: I will host an event for you. You pick the event, a family picnic, a company function, a team party. I will bring the car to your function for as many "photo opps" as you would like (the kids love this). They hop in the car, we snap a piucture, they pull the wheel left and right, shift a gear or two, it's a smile you will not forget and hopefully catch on film. Mom and dad enjoy sitting in the car too. Same deal for the pix, helmets, drivers suit, etc... I have done this in the past and it's a big hit.

Any one who wants to champion this effort outside my circle of supporters, the same deal applies. I do have a sign-up/pledge sheet, if you would like one just let me know.

Please help me in my effort to Fight Leukemia on August 29th. As always we would love to have you at the track to help us race for the checkere flag. Please let me know as soon as possible so I can pledge my support to our great racing community.

Thanks you for your support!
Tim Klvana
ITC #11
2002 NERRC Champion
2003 NARRC Champion

[This message has been edited by Tkczecheredflag (edited August 14, 2004).]

Tkczecheredflag
08-13-2004, 11:50 AM
Brian
The first hour brought in over $300 of pledges. I also got a call from the local newspaper that wants to do a feature piece, I'll keep you posted on that.

My wifes uncle died of Leukemia. He was an Episcopal priest, married us and baptised my two boys, a great man.

It would be great if the IT community made a good money showing for this event . Drivers, you never know where the publicity could take you personally. Maybe a new sponsor.

Tim Klvana
ITC #11

[This message has been edited by Tkczecheredflag (edited August 13, 2004).]

bg43wex
08-13-2004, 12:14 PM
way to go Tim!

where are the rest of the IT people?

I have my pledge sheet in circulation as I type..

brian

tdw6974
08-13-2004, 04:01 PM
We will see if we can bring some funds from Northeast PA. I did not see to who/whom checks should be made payable to as I suspect it will be best to try for flat contribution to bring with us. T Weaver

------------------
Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1980 RX-7 ITA #63
"Hemi haulin' Rotary"

Tkczecheredflag
08-13-2004, 04:44 PM
Pledges as of 8-13-04 4:45pm are $446.00. I'm still peddlin'
TK

[This message has been edited by Tkczecheredflag (edited August 13, 2004).]

Tkczecheredflag
08-14-2004, 08:06 AM
Pledges as of 8-14-04 8:03am $578.00.
Still peddlin'
Tim

[This message has been edited by Tkczecheredflag (edited August 14, 2004).]

nlevine
08-15-2004, 04:56 PM
Tim's e-mail blast encouraged me to do one of my own, but I'm only up to around $160 in pledges so far. Where DO sponsors' checks get made out to (as was asked previously).

-noam
#18 ITA
new car to debut at RAL

Tkczecheredflag
08-15-2004, 05:51 PM
Noam - I heard from Brian M on this issues. He said make checks payable to NER-SCCA. Nice job on the pleges. Turns out that a couple of my people are running with this in their circles. I look foward to seeing the new Z-3 at RAL.
Tim Klvana
ITC #11

RSTPerformance
08-15-2004, 11:11 PM
How come noone has signed up yet? This is usually a big weekend! Any reason people are not going and the car counts are down? Let the region know if there is a particular reason you are not goign to the event that way they can fix it for the future.

http://www.nescca.com/registration/current...ount.asp?ID=105 (http://www.nescca.com/registration/currentcount.asp?ID=105)

Stephen

moto62
08-16-2004, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by RSTPerformance:
How come noone has signed up yet? This is usually a big weekend! Any reason people are not going and the car counts are down? Stephen

Hey man! Don't sweat it. The event is two weeks away and most folks usually wait until the last minute before they register. http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif
Ray

Tkczecheredflag
08-17-2004, 09:49 AM
Second push newsletter.
8-17-04 9:42am $765 Pledged for 308 laps (14 pledgers @ 22 laps per pledge)
If I runout of gas someone better push me to the finish line
Tim Klvana
ITC #11

PS - If I was smart I would have pledged the enduro race instead, next year I guess.

Tkczecheredflag
08-17-2004, 11:22 PM
Brian
8-17-04 11:20 pm $966 pledged.
Thursday we get some press in our local paper and then let's see what happens.
Tim Klvana
ITC #11

Tkczecheredflag
08-18-2004, 07:18 PM
Brian,
8-18-04 7:13 pm $1184.00 pledged. Checks started showing up today, a few hundred or so. Tomorrow we get ink in the local paper.
Can I stop yet Brian?????
Tim Klvana
ITC #11

Tkczecheredflag
08-20-2004, 01:04 PM
Brian - Money/pledges continue to come in every day. If I break or crash you have make sure that the wrecker drives me around the race track for twenty-two (22)laps so I get my pledges paid. I think we are at about $1,500.00 pledged and $500.00 received.
Tim Klvana
ITC #11

Tkczecheredflag
08-23-2004, 08:00 AM
Brian
First pledge sheet of 25 is full. Working on sheet #2. Hoping to cruise past $1,500.00 today, chasing 2K. Still requesting the wrecker for laps completed if needed. LOL
Tim
Tim

Tkczecheredflag
08-25-2004, 04:38 PM
Brian
Home stretch. Two more days to go. We are a hair over $1600.00 pledged. Checks arriving everyday. Believe I have around $700. collected. Hoping for more checks tomorrow. We pull out Friday early.
Tim Klvana
ITC #11

biovic
08-25-2004, 04:55 PM
Tim, thanks for the motivation for us to work a little to get pledges. I sent a similar email out to co-workers, family and friends, who in turn sent it to their family and friends, and currently have $593 pledged! I thought I'd get a couple hundred but this is great. Still 2 days left too.

Victor
#03 ITA

Tkczecheredflag
08-26-2004, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by biovic:
Tim, thanks for the motivation for us to work a little to get pledges. I sent a similar email out to co-workers, family and friends, who in turn sent it to their family and friends, and currently have $593 pledged! I thought I'd get a couple hundred but this is great. Still 2 days left too.

Victor
#03 ITA

Victor
You go man. I'm very excited about this event. I went to my son's football scrimage last night. Bumped into some people who saw the newspaper article about RAL and picked up three checks (one fat check that blew me away). People have been generous about contributing because of their own personal or family battle with some sort of illness. I'll be looking in the mailbox today, we load out tomorrow morning. Final report of pledges and collections tonight.
I am thrilled that others in the IT family were inspired and get pledges, am I am grateful for your effort Victor. See you all this weekend.
Tim Klvana
ITC #11

[This message has been edited by Tkczecheredflag (edited August 26, 2004).]

Tkczecheredflag
08-26-2004, 09:19 PM
I am truly humbled by this experience. Today was good day at the "salt mine", more checks and pledges arrived.
I'm sure more pledges will come in after this note but here is where we landed.
I'm pulling out tomorrow before the mail comes, so here goes.

Pledged $2760.00 money received $2166.00.

Tim Klvana
ITC #11

rbt510
08-30-2004, 03:18 PM
...Pledged $2760.00 money received $2166.00.

Tim Klvana
ITC #11 [/B][/QUOTE]

Tim - Amazing Job. Hope you had a good weekend at the track as well. Sorry I missed the fun, again.

------------------

Dano77
08-30-2004, 07:18 PM
Tim sorry about your incident,Hope your OK.Saw the car leaving,hope you make the runoffs.Great job on the pledges. Jaime managed to get around 300 bucks to donate.
See You Soon
Dan Sheppard
PS. Ray needs rain tires & softer springs.Congrats to "Super cake" Jake on your first but not last win. Amazing! Rear Drive In the rain.
Dano

ed325its
08-30-2004, 08:27 PM
Any word on the total amount raised for the weekend?

Ed

ITSRX7
08-30-2004, 09:06 PM
BTW: Huge props to Ed Tisdale (above) for his trouncing of ITS at the Regional. His tire choice on a wet but drying track complimented his awesome drive netting him the checkered.

Great job Tizzer!

AB

------------------
Andy Bettencourt
ITS RX-7 & Spec Miata 1.6 (ITA project)
New England Region R188967
www.flatout-motorsports.com (http://www.flatout-motorsports.com)

[This message has been edited by ITSRX7 (edited August 30, 2004).]

Tkczecheredflag
08-30-2004, 10:14 PM
Testing 1234

Tkczecheredflag
08-30-2004, 10:33 PM
Thanks guys.
I'm a little sore today but doin' better than the car. Caster is pushed back on the drivers side about a 1/2 inch, so we are hopeful. Think I had a little "red mist" goin' after a "4 off" comin out of T-10. Chris Johnson and Brian Megliola got past me and I think I was peddlin' harder than I should have when I got back to T-3. Those guys drove a great race. Congrats to Jake Guilick on the win, but you gotta love 2nd and 3rd overall for ITC. My crew chief Ken Schielke gave me a heads up waving yellow in T-3, I got on the binders to hard, once I got in the grass it was like being on ice. Seroious brain fade. It was either take out the other cars or hit the jersey barrier, I figured "my bad, eat the wall". I got lucky with the fire afterwards, it was oil on the header, once I turned off the master kill, the accusump shut down and the fire went out. I was ready to pull the switch for the fire bottle, I looked up once more and the fire exhausted itself.
The good news is, money is still coming in for RAL. We are at $3,469.00 pledged. A truly humbling expereince. I found that people were interested in giving to this cause and thought the incentives "Photo Ops", were a little different. I will try this again, or something like it next year.
Not sure that I will make Cheap Date, but I am motivated with a 1:20.04 qualifying time, a personal best for me.
Thanks for all the kind thoughts and concerns.
Tim Klvana
ITC #11

[This message has been edited by Tkczecheredflag (edited August 31, 2004).]

Tkczecheredflag
08-30-2004, 10:39 PM
[This message has been edited by Tkczecheredflag (edited August 31, 2004).]

ed325its
08-30-2004, 10:40 PM
Thanks Andy.

And thanks to all the congratulations given by all. It is a pleasure to race with such a great group of guys.

It was great to get the first win in the new car. It does like the wet and the suspension set-up and tire choice by my crew chief were perfect.

------------------
Ed Tisdale
#22 ITS '95 325is
Racing BMW's since 1984

ulfelder
08-31-2004, 10:27 AM
Congrats to Tiz on his ITS win, and to Team Maloney/Bogart on their killer enduro win. (For those who missed the Saturday enduro, Larry and Brandon in a T2 car beat Nick L and Andy B in Nick's Mazda by roughly 800 feet in the 3-hour race.)

Our writeup of the weekend is up at http://www.flatout-motorsports.com.

Steve U
05 ITS

Tkczecheredflag
08-31-2004, 11:51 AM
Trying something different. My newsletter is posted at this site. Any help/info for point and click would be appreciated.
Tim Klvana
ITC #11

http://groups.aol.com/_cqr/czecheredflags?mmch_=0