PDA

View Full Version : RR board meeting Friday

ulfelder
08-18-2004, 07:48 AM
The monthly road race board meeting is tomorrow (7:30, Best Western, Rte 20, Auburn MA) and I'm afraid I can't make it. Is anybody willing to sit in as an IT drivers' rep?

I promise I'll stop missing meetings once summer ends!

/Steve U
05 ITS

RSTPerformance
08-19-2004, 04:56 PM
Work is a lot better now and I am not working 15+ hour days so I am back in tune with this whole racing thing...

So I will be at the board meeting tomorrow. If anyone would like me to address any god (or bad) things please let me know. I will try to report on something if knowone else does...

Raymond Blethen
RST Performance Racing

benspeed
08-19-2004, 05:13 PM
Any skinny on that weight that's going to be added to the E36s??? (only kidding...sorta)

Cheers,

------------------
BenSpeed
#33 ITS RX7
BigSpeed Racing
[email protected]
NNJR

dickita15
08-19-2004, 06:07 PM
ben the ner road racing board is not the same as the national road racing board. the ner rrb being refered to is responcible for organizing ner road racing events.
dick

robits325is
08-19-2004, 07:30 PM
Any news on the weight to be added to the RX7? They hold all of the track records in the North East...

ITSRX7
08-19-2004, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by robits325is:
Any news on the weight to be added to the RX7? They hold all of the track records in the North East...

Then you guys better catch up with the rest of the country!!!

http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

AB

------------------
Andy Bettencourt
ITS RX-7 & Spec Miata 1.6 (ITA project)
New England Region R188967
www.flatout-motorsports.com (http://www.flatout-motorsports.com)

benspeed
08-20-2004, 02:26 PM
I just dropped 10 pounds of flab from a beer moritorium. Brought the car to a pro shop to get all the BS taken care of that I somehow can't fix. Maybe I'll have a mechanically solid weekend in September at NHIS. That would be a shocker - I haven't had one race this season when something didn't brake or not work.

John S - did you get your car fixed?

------------------
BenSpeed
#33 ITS RX7
BigSpeed Racing
[email protected]
NNJR

jcmotorsports
08-20-2004, 04:55 PM
hey guys
i just dropped my car off at the body shop to finish all the repairs from the may fiasco!!! the car ran very well at beaver run, before brake failure i was running very close!!! i am totally ready to run with everyone at the glen and lime rock.
hey andy drop me a line off the site, i have a question.
john costello
[email protected]

benspeed
08-20-2004, 05:01 PM
JC - I can relate to brake failure - scared the hell out of myself (and probably Steve U and Tim E) at LRP. Just picked up new calipers today - nothing left to change so I hope this does the trick.

ulfelder
08-21-2004, 09:53 AM
Ben writes:
I can relate to brake failure - scared the hell out of myself (and probably Steve U and Tim E) at LRP.
------

Yup! My video of this is pretty amusing. In my rear-view mirror, you pop out to outbrake Tim into Big Bend. My thought bubble is, "Jeez, Ben's sure going for the hero move ... when's he going to brake ... WHEN THE HELL IS HE GOING TO BRAKE? FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, HIT THE BRAKES!" Then you disappear from the mirror as I turn in. Then you reappear, driving right past my stern, straight into the grass, going about 90.

/Steve U

Greg Amy
08-21-2004, 11:16 AM
Can I try to one-up on the brake horror stories?

Watkins Glen, 24 hour Firehawk race. Modified Eagle Talon turbo. End of the back straight. In the middle of the night. BEFORE the bus stop chicane was built.

Front brakes pads disintegrate going in at full bore.

I didn't hit the wall, in fact I never even saw it. My saving grace was the reference to the tail lights of a Saturn properly negotiating the corner, and I steered for those lights like nobody's business. Don't know how, don't know why, but I didn't hit anything. I surely had an angel on my shoulder (I think his name was JD McDuffie...)

Look off to the left side of the track next time you're up there...

lateapex911
08-21-2004, 06:29 PM
I think Tommy Kendall can tell you a LOT about what there is to hit there.

------------------
Jake Gulick
CarriageHouse Motorsports
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]

RSTPerformance
08-26-2004, 12:38 AM
No brakes into turn 3 at NHIS..... yes I ended up over the concrete barrier and in turn ten. I hit the tires at around 70 or so rode on top of them and over got 3 seconds of air time and then landed in turn ten. Minimul car damage but.... a blown radiator and zero brakes left me out of the race. I heard somone has out of car video but I've never seen it. I have an amazing in car video that will make you touch your brakes a little sooner every time you enter turn 3!

Stephen

Tkczecheredflag
08-26-2004, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by RSTPerformance:
No brakes into turn 3 at NHIS..... yes I ended up over the concrete barrier and in turn ten. I hit the tires at around 70 or so rode on top of them and over got 3 seconds of air time and then landed in turn ten. Minimul car damage but.... a blown radiator and zero brakes left me out of the race. I heard somone has out of car video but I've never seen it. I have an amazing in car video that will make you touch your brakes a little sooner every time you enter turn 3!

Stephen
Stephen
I remember that Ooops. I was paddocked and watching in T-3. The rear of you car got up in the air about 3-4 feet. Thank God no one was coming down the hill for T-10. Everyone was grateful that you were not hurt but WOW what a sight.
Tim Klvana
ITC #11

RSTPerformance
08-26-2004, 05:25 PM
Tim,

Ya I still brake early and probably always will!

Stephen

Dano77
08-30-2004, 07:41 PM
Coward. Just kidding,It was pretty special watching your Hans Stuck imitation. Wrong Track Wrong Turn but still cool.
Dan