PDA

View Full Version : NHIS Endure Run Schedule

davew
08-20-2004, 12:42 PM
Have there been any changes to the weekend schedule for the Enduro for the 28th and 29th? I looks like a lot of cars entered but only one enduro run group for saturday afternoon race, with regional practice saturday morning. Is this still correct?

Thanks
dave w

davew
08-20-2004, 12:47 PM
also, anybody know if there is a test day the Friday before the race??

Thanks
Dave w

stevel
08-20-2004, 03:21 PM
dave,

reading over the supps there's only 40 cars allowed in the enduro. They go by registration date to determine who gets in and then forms a waiting list. If there were more than 40 for the first day of entry (i don't think that's the case this time), then it's a random drawing and they pick 40. If there is less than 40 they take the entries from the 1st day registration was available, then go to the 2nd day and so on.

Also, for the practice session on saturday, I assume that's practice for the enduro entrants, not for the sprint on sunday. Not sure if that's what you meant.

Also, on the online registration it didn't seem to allow teams to enter, but rather drivers. So while it says something like 55 entered, I think that's drivers and not teams. Of course we don't know how many people mailed in. But, if there is say 55 drivers entered I don't think they have 40 cars registered (unless people are doing the 3 hour stint solo, which is unlikely).

Hopefully you can make it and be our crew chief.

steve

davew
08-20-2004, 03:56 PM
blah..blah..blah... http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/wink.gif J/K!

thanks for that. The Supps at:
http://www.nescca.com/registration/Supps/0...04-RS-177-S.pdf (http://www.nescca.com/registration/Supps/04-RS-177-S.pdf)

Shows the following schedule:
Saturday, August 28, 2004
Approx. 8:30 am Enduro Group – 25 minute Qualifying session
9:00 am Approximate 25 minute Practice sessions by race group 1-8, with a lunch break near noon.
2:40 pm 3hour Enduro race (separate entry form and supplemental regulations)
TRACK RIDES – time permitting, approx. 6:00 – 6:30 pm
THANK YOU PARTY – following last session approx 6:30
Sunday, August 29
8:30 am 15 minute Qualifying sessions for race groups 1-8, followed by Regional Races, 22 laps or 30 minutes,
with a lunch break near noon.
THANK YOU PARTY – following last race, approx. 6:20

With run groups 1-8 being the regional sprint classes and run group 9 being the enduro entrants.

I'm just checking that the sprint classes are still practicing on Saturday after the enduro practice so I can gauge what time to arrive.... and trying to determine if there is Friday Test Day as well.

Thanks,
Dave w

stevel
08-20-2004, 04:19 PM
9:00 am Approximate 25 minute Practice sessions by race group 1-8, with a lunch break near noon.

With run groups 1-8 being the regional sprint classes and run group 9 being the enduro entrants.

yeah, read that read wrong then. So, there is practice on saturday.

I'm just checking that the sprint classes are still practicing on Saturday after the enduro practice so I can gauge what time to arrive

I guess it's safe to assume there's no change and to arrive on sat. for practice.

and trying to determine if there is Friday Test Day as well.

wondering that myself. I know there is a test day thursday but Friday afternoon would be nice.

steve

tdw6974
08-20-2004, 04:33 PM
Since this is our first venture to NHIS I had contacted track early on and No test day Friday. They did mention thursday but I knew we could not make that so I did not get any details.

dickita15
08-21-2004, 07:57 AM
the weekend schedule is as it says in the supps. we are close to 40 cars as we speak(type) but we now have perrmision to run 44 for the enduro group only. cars after 44 will be put on a wait list and can race if there are no shows or cancellations.
in the past the no show rate has been a little higher for an enduro.
if you want in and are not registered get in soon. the registrar will try to keep you updated by email.
dick patullo
enduro race chairman

dickita15
08-21-2004, 08:02 AM
just to make it as clear as possible if you are running the regional sprint and not the enduro. saturday is an untimed practice session. if you want the track time great. if not you can show up sunday morning and qualify in the morning and race in the afternoon. we tried to design the event so people who want extra pracice on saturday can have it and those that want to save a hotel room and just show up sunday morning can do that too.
dick patullo