PDA

View Full Version : Pocono ENDURO North &South infield with EMRA

theracinglawyer
08-08-2004, 06:44 PM
Some of you missed the best racing of the year at Pocono with EMRA. Yes I know you'll all say EMRA. Well there was no bitching about drivers conduct after the race, the people treated us nice and it was the best money's worth this year.$165.00 for a 1/2 hour practice and qualifying session and then a 1 hour enduro / with one mandatory pit stop.

I'm not sure why SCCA does not run the south infield at pocono but it is a good and SAFE track if run in a clock wise direction. The 1st turn is a matter of concern if you have a problem but otherwise there is a ton of run off room everywhere else.

Back to the race Marc had the Spec Miata race won (he ran Joe Ianuzzo's car because the clutch in his ITS Nissan went bad & joe hurt his back and did'nt want to run the car after qualifying it on the pole), Marc pitted in the wrong pit and got a ten second penalty, well I almost did the same in My ITS Mazda, thought I had to change drivers with Marc and there is no Marc. Joe Ianuzzo said as I got out of the car get back in Marc decided to stay in the Miata and see if he could win,I was so confused I put My belts on Wrong and my gloves on the wrong hands. I was glued to the bumper of the winner before stopping and ended up 3rd or 4th.The people who saw it said it was Hilarious. ( So you're not confused we were 3 guys sharing 2 cars)

I don't know who was driving the 69 car but you are good and fast and a pleasure to race with. I don't know how many turns we took side by side in the 1st 30 minutes of the race but some said it was almost all of them. Glad you did so well. You picked up almost two laps on me on my pit stop.

Well anyway. Next time EMRA has an enduro you should consider it, they have good fast clean drivers as I saw it, and it was well run and a lot of fun. Mike Cefalo

------------------
Love "the commander"
Mike Cefalo
BE SAFE GO FAST HAVE FUN

Wreckerboy
08-11-2004, 11:48 AM
Mike -

It was a pleasure finaly putting a face to the name after reading your posts all of this time. The enduro racing was fun to watch. You mentioned the 69 car - do you have a description? I'm at work and don't have access to my paperwork, but I might be able to figure it out and give credit where credit is due!

Rob Myles
EMRA Chief of Tech

[This message has been edited by Wreckerboy (edited August 11, 2004).]

theracinglawyer
08-12-2004, 12:45 AM
Rob

The event was a great race because of all the effort you and your group put into it. It was a real pleasure to run with you.

The #69 car was a red Rx7, and could he drive, After a few laps you can usually judge the driver, he was fast smooth and didn't do the unexpected, he also made his car wide when he had to. He killed us on the pit stop.

The boys all agreed EMRA will get our share of racing from now on.

Good meeting you. and thanks for your help.

If you ever need me I'm a phone call away 1-800-442-2000. See you soon

------------------
Love "the commander"
Mike Cefalo
BE SAFE GO FAST HAVE FUN