PDA

View Full Version : Any1 have contact info for the Red RX7 that needs an engine?

Jake
08-09-2004, 09:11 AM
There was a red RX7 racing in ITA this weekend that looked to be in desperate need of a 12a. I have a friend with a good one that he just pulled out of his car. If he or someone who knows him is reading this, I can be reached at [email protected]

dyoungre
08-09-2004, 11:06 AM
Jake,
Engine is fine - I was trying to add support for moving the RX7 out of ITA Lite and into ITB. Seriously, THANKS for lining me up. dyoungre_at_optonline_dot_net. I really look forward to getting back to RACING, and not just lapping.

------------------
Dave Youngren
NER ITA RX7 #61

Tkczecheredflag
08-09-2004, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by dyoungre:
Jake,
Engine is fine - I was trying to add support for moving the RX7 out of ITA Lite and into ITB. Seriously, THANKS for lining me up. dyoungre_at_optonline_dot_net. I really look forward to getting back to RACING, and not just lapping.

Dave - FYI - I was the the Honda that helped you get up the uphill turn 7 mid race. Not sure of the amount of seat time you have but if you're making laps and have the first and second place "C" cars coming, then get the blue/yellow, please don't tight apex the turn if your're not up to speed. I had all I could do not to send both of us into the ARMCO. The flags have real value. That move could/would have cost me the race. I lucked out and John V ITC 05 spun, but your block cost me six - ten car lengths - a tough deficit to make up in a "C" car. If you leave just half a car width for me I will find my way through. Not sure if you are the same car but I beleive so. We are all in this together and flagging/communication/safety are important. Correct me if I am wrong.
Tim Klvana
ITC #11
2002 NERRC Champion
2003 NARRC Champion

[This message has been edited by Tkczecheredflag (edited August 09, 2004).]

Tkczecheredflag
08-09-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Tkczecheredflag:

Originally posted by dyoungre:
Jake,

Dave - FYI - I was the the Honda that helped you get up the uphill turn 7 mid race. Not sure of the amount of seat time you have but if you're making laps and have the first and second place \"C\" cars coming, then get the blue/yellow, please don't tight apex the turn if your're not up to speed. I had all I could do not to send both of us into the ARMCO. The flags have real value. That move could/would have cost me the race. I lucked out and John V ITC 05 spun, but your block cost me six - ten car lengths - a tough deficit to make up in a \"C\" car. If you leave just half a car width for me I will find my way through. Not sure if you are the same car but I beleive so. We are all in this together and flagging/communication/safety are important. Correct me if I am wrong.
Tim Klvana
ITC #11
2002 NERRC Champion
2003 NARRC Champion

dyoungre
08-09-2004, 11:55 AM
HI Tim,
I've been racing for about 5 years, but this was my first time out this year, and yes, I was struggling a bit; That being said, I'm not used to this feedback, as I've always prided my reputation as a 'heads up' driver. Please accept my apologies, and know that it will not happen again.

------------------
Dave Youngren
NER ITA RX7 #61