PDA

View Full Version : Map NHIS

tdw6974
07-30-2004, 12:45 PM
Since we are making first trip to NHIS for Aug 29 race wondered if there a Track Map showing layout of garages etc the one on the track web site doesn't map is too small for these old eyeballs http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/eek.gif to make out. Or is there "Helpful Hints" guide for the roadracer. Thanks TW

------------------
Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1980 RX-7 ITA #63
"Hemi haulin' Rotary"

lateapex911
07-31-2004, 01:21 AM
Tom....
Great news you are heading east! Are you running both events?

I don't have a map, but it is fairly straight forward. The track is an oval with the turns at the south and north. You enter via an access road under the south turn, and the garages are in the center, roughly, laid out east west. Each bank of garages (there are two) has doors on both sides, and parking for rigs immediatley outside. The garages themselves are double wide, with benches, some drop cords for power I think, and a few air hoses. It is usual practice to "split" a garage with a buddy, as there is enough room for two cars. Internally there are no walls dividing the spaces.

Finally, the main straight is to the west, and grid is at the northermost part of teh paddock. Access is past the second grage bank.

If you decide a garage is not needed, we can try to save some space for you in the grassy paddock area with the rest of the RX-7 guys. Power is availble there as well.

FYI, NHIS has seveeral buildings that have pretty good shower facilities, so staying at the track isn't a hardship. There are a number of local hotels as well, the Red Roof Inn is very close, and Concord Hotels are 20 minutes away at the most.

Lastly, a helpful hint is that the configuration of the track creates an area at the end of the longest "straight" that has the heaviest braking and the least runoff room. A bad combination. Brakes are something to double check before tempting fate at turn 3!

I hope this covers your question. I look forward to meeting you guys. Expect a big ITA turnout of about 20 -30 cars, and a lot of Honda products.

------------------
Jake Gulick
CarriageHouse Motorsports
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]

ed325its
07-31-2004, 10:33 PM
Tom,

I have a map I use for instructing at DE's. Send me an email address and I'll forward it. Is there any way to post it?

ed325its at securespeed dot net

------------------
Ed Tisdale
#22 ITS '95 325is
Racing BMW's since 1984

tdw6974
07-31-2004, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by lateapex911:
Tom....
Great news you are heading east! Are you running both events? "Just Running the the Normal race no enduro."

I don't have a map, but it is fairly straight forward. The track is an oval with the turns at the south and north. You enter via an access road under the south turn, and the garages are in the center, roughly, laid out east west. Each bank of garages (there are two) has doors on both sides, and parking for rigs immediatley outside. The garages themselves are double wide, with benches, some drop cords for power I think, and a few air hoses. It is usual practice to "split" a garage with a buddy, as there is enough room for two cars. Internally there are no walls dividing the spaces.

Finally, the main straight is to the west, and grid is at the northermost part of teh paddock. Access is past the second grage bank.

If you decide a garage is not needed, we can try to save some space for you in the grassy paddock area with the rest of the RX-7 guys. Power is availble there as well.

FYI, NHIS has seveeral buildings that have pretty good shower facilities, so staying at the track isn't a hardship. There are a number of local hotels as well, the Red Roof Inn is very close, and Concord Hotels are 20 minutes away at the most.

Lastly, a helpful hint is that the configuration of the track creates an area at the end of the longest "straight" that has the heaviest braking and the least runoff room. A bad combination. Brakes are something to double check before tempting fate at turn 3!

I hope this covers your question. I look forward to meeting you guys. Expect a big ITA turnout of about 20 -30 cars, and a lot of Honda products.

Thanks for the Info jake. I did call for a garage as I'm too old to stay outdoors http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/biggrin.gif We will be sure to catch up with you on the weekend. I did get rooms at The Red Roof. Thanks for the brake Tip. It will be a long haul from here ( Just east of Watkins Glen) to Loudon. Scheduling keeps us from going to Limerock so thought we would try NHIS. Thanks Tom Weaver

tdw6974
07-31-2004, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by ed325its:

Tom,

I have a map I use for instructing at DE's. Send me an email address and I'll forward it. Is there any way to post it?

ed325its at securespeed dot net

Ed, email is [email protected] I'm not sure how it would post here. Thanks Tom Weaver

16v
08-01-2004, 01:58 AM
the map should be in the supps...??