PDA

View Full Version : Watkins Glen - July Sprints

jwsbmw325
07-21-2004, 08:36 AM
Guys - what's up with only 8 ITS cars registered for the Glen? This is a 2 day event with a lot of track time, plus a test/tune day Friday. The Glen is an awesome track - 3.5 miles of elevation change and challenging driving! The SCCA is losing race weekeknds to sports car clubs like PCA, POC, etc. because attendence is so low. For those of you who haven't driven the Glen - do yourself a favor - sign up and make the tow out there!!! Think out of the box! Expand your horizons away from Limerock and NHIS. We run thge risk of losing the opportunity of driving the beautiful track altogether...Get on the stick MAN!
Benspeed - I hope you'll be there! Rumor has it the other 2/3 of Autotechnic is on the fence...how bout you Betten-coo-aaht?? Bring that lil Miata up there. And Nick L -c'mon - I know a lot of milk fed gals up that way..HA HAH HAHHAA.......

ITSRX7
07-21-2004, 10:32 AM
What's up STEW-EEE? Missed you this weekend...no Double for you???

What Region is running the event? What series are the points for?

We are heading to the LRP event Aug 6-7ish and have to get the 04 back together...

AB

------------------
Andy Bettencourt
ITS RX-7 & Spec Miata 1.6
New England Region R188967
www.flatout-motorsports.com (http://www.flatout-motorsports.com)

benspeed
07-21-2004, 01:03 PM
Yo! Da Customah!

Missed you at NHIS - great weekend. I've got the Glen on the calandar, but my boat is calling. Must practice those airborn 360s on the wake board.

Made a deal with my wife to trade this weekend for the shore so I can hit NHIS for the double on 9/10-11. I do have the Glen down for 8/14-15 and 9/17-18 (maybe) and 10/16-17. You going to LRP for 8/7?

Tell me when you won't be at the Glen so I can get my first win!

Cheers Bro!

------------------
BenSpeed
#33 ITS RX7
BigSpeed Racing
[email protected]
NNJR

jwsbmw325
07-21-2004, 01:50 PM
ANdy - no NHIS double for me sorry - family obligations took me out - it's probably GLen region and will count for NYSRRC points only. But who cares? Fast sweepers, awesomne elvation changes, and the surly Santa Claus Steward...Right Ben??

Ben - wake boards are for girls. Come out and play w/ the boys! or - bring the boat - Seneca lake myt friend, is a beautiful spring fed Finger lake! You could finish your race, drive 5 minutes to the lake and be on the board. Youd be like Dad 'o the year! Rent the wife a U-haul and drag that sonofabitch up there!

jcmotorsports
07-22-2004, 02:07 PM
we won't be there either!! http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/frown.gif we will be at the 12 hr at nelson this weekend. i am skipping the lime rock race next month for a little more break in time. i will be back at beaver run in august and of course the narrc runoffs and the fall glen races. looking forward to running with you guys!!!!
john costello
its rx7 #87

benspeed
07-22-2004, 09:24 PM
That Tech Santa was a bad Santa! Never heard a steward curse like a turets victim before. The wave board is good for some serious adrenelin bro! Big AIR. Anyway - just took off all four shocks and am shipping them to ISC to see if we can figure out why 3 shocks have blown in as many races. Also ordered a new master cylinder to see if I can get the brakes back up to snuff. Give us an update on the event - bummer to miss it. The Glen is a big time track with bigspeed, great turns and elevation. Also - much more track time than we ever see at LRP.

Cheers,

------------------
BenSpeed
#33 ITS RX7
BigSpeed Racing
[email protected]
NNJR

moto62
07-23-2004, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by benspeed:
That Tech Santa was a bad Santa!

Dudes! Don't ever refer to the tech dude as Santa. He is a GNOME. Visit the site below for other examples of Gnomes.

http://www.foundus.com/jani/gnomes/welcome.html

Bwahhhhhhh!
Sorry, couldn't resist.
Ray

mlytle
07-26-2004, 12:29 PM
event was a blast! (despite the torrential downpours on the practice day)

its turnout was pretty low, and half of the cars were those of us that trekked up from wdcr from the marrs series.

marshall
its #64

joeg
07-26-2004, 04:47 PM
It was PERFECT race weather--Cooler and breezy.

Two huge groups (Spec Miata, SSC, ITC for one; ITA and ITB in the other) this weekend.

benspeed
07-27-2004, 11:49 AM
So give us the skinny on who was quick! What were the ITS, B and A results?

Did the customah win it?

Cheers!

DMaynard
07-27-2004, 01:26 PM
Results are posted on the NESCCA site

Long Ride -- BIG Track -- Lots of Fun!

Deb http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

------------------
3D Race Team (1st Year)
Driver: Dave Maynard
Crew: Dan & Deb Maynard
BMW 325i (Red)
#18 ITS

jwsbmw325
07-28-2004, 08:54 AM
Ben - ITS times were quick - right around 2:16. Ed York, the wiley ol fox that he is, stole the show winning the qualifying race on Saturday. Lightining Vince Leo in his JP/ITS 325 actually put down an unofficial long course record at 2:15.993 or something, bested me by literally .005. Thanks to a new suspension set up, he says. That car found about 2 seconds from last year. Good work Vince! That should be the new track record but not clear if it will stick as it was a qualifying race.
Thanks to awesome German misengineerng, my gas pedal broke and got stuck full throttle going into the bus loop on lap 6 - which not only caused a BIG moment, but took me out of the race. I gotta stop stomping so hard on it I guess....But it was a great weekend, no Bad Santa action, no rain, and not too many incidents....

Greg Amy
07-28-2004, 09:14 AM
<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\">Ben - ITS times were quick - right around 2:16.</font>

Jeez. That move to ITA can't come soon enough...

mgyip
07-28-2004, 12:00 PM
<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\">Two huge groups (Spec Miata, SSC, ITC for one; ITA and ITB in the other) this weekend.</font>[/b]

The ITA/ITB group was even worse than that - it included SSB (1 or 2 cars) AND Spec Wrecker, er Spec RX-7!! Talk about a crowded field. To top it all off, we were the LAST group which made for a long night's tow back to VA.