PDA

View Full Version : ABS Rule Clarification

VTECAcuraGSR
07-20-2004, 09:10 PM
So I have a Integra GSR that I am planning to add to the current ITS field later this year and I have run into a problem that no one can seem to be able to answer. I am hoping you can help!

My GSR currenlty has and came from the factory with ABS. According to the GCR at a minimum I have to disconnect and remove all four ABS sensors to be legal. With that said, I would like to go all out and just remove the ABS all together as leaving it in is a) more weight B) more things to break c) I have heard bad bias without the ABS computer.

Currently, there are no other integras in ITS that I can update/backdate to and I need to know whether or not I can use the hardlines from an integra RS and make this install easier. If this is not possoble can I make hard lines myself and be legal? Any help is greatly appreciated!

-Jeremy Billiel (Hoping to get out there soon!)

Greg Amy
07-20-2004, 09:21 PM
This is a good topic for the Rules SEction. I suggest you re-post there.

Short answer: got a GCR? 11.2.1.E says sensors must be disconnect *or* removed. ITCS 17.1.4.D.6.c says brake lines are free, and you must use the factory master cylinder (even though it may be different for the non-ABS car.) All other ABS components may be removed.

See ABS discussion in the Rules Forum. Also contact Phil Phillips, as he's currently running a GSR in ITS and Honda Challenge, and I'm sure he's already gone through all this rigamarole.