PDA

View Full Version : anybody want to work the ALMS race

bg43wex
06-28-2004, 02:58 PM
anybody going to Lime Rock this weekend for ALMS?

ALMS is looking for pit stewards for the 3 hour race,the job entails watching all the competitors for violations during pit stops. they will supply safety equipment and NER will supply free entry and lunch.

this is also a good weekend for some drivers to hone thier skills working a corner, free entry lunches, dinners,BEER

if you are interested contact me

brian m [email protected] or 508-954-8110

we have could use your help!

gsbaker
07-06-2004, 12:29 PM
So, how'd it go?

Any famous IT faces on the SpeedTV presentation broadcast this past weekend?

Gregg

rbt510
07-06-2004, 03:18 PM
Not sure about that, but the ALMS required firesuits, so not many NER people got to work the pits. I listened to Race Control on a scanner for most of the ALMS race and they did an amazing job!!! I never realized how much goes on from their prospective.
Great job by all of NER.

Bob
NER
ITC Datsun

[This message has been edited by rbt510 (edited July 06, 2004).]

Tkczecheredflag
07-06-2004, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by gsbaker:
So, how'd it go?

Any famous IT faces on the SpeedTV presentation broadcast this past weekend?

Gregg
Eric Curran scored a victory in the GT race I beleive.
Tim Klvana
ITC ##11

gran racing
07-06-2004, 06:34 PM
Is it going to be replayed on speed tv? If so, do you know when? I couldn't find it...

------------------
Dave Gran
NER #13 ITA
'87 Honda Prelude

p99ro
07-06-2004, 10:39 PM
Not famous but I was on TV. In the beginning at the Dyson pits. And you can see Jeff Leone at the beginning of pit out on the wall in a light blue fire suit with red hair and a real red face with all the sun. It was a blast. Like being in the dug out at a big game with your favorite team. Watching the TV and all the cars readings was pretty cool. The choice to go to rains killed Weaver they were`nt to happy the way it turned out.

Scott Haven CRX 09 ITA NER
And yes the NER SCCA did a great job thats a alot to put together on their end. The flagger`s had their hands full with constant blue flags.

dickita15
07-07-2004, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by Tkczecheredflag:
Tim Klvana
ITC ##11[/B]
so there is no confusion that was the American GT series which is GT1 cars. eric had that pole and led flag to flag. newman ran second for about half the race and then pitted with a reported oil leak in the cockpit.
the best line i heard all weekend was at the saturday flag meeting. the steward for star mazda was talking about the young drivers in his series, marco andreddi and a bunch of other 16-18 year olds. then the AGT steward stepped up and said his drivers were the other end of the spectrum so if you need to talk to them speak up.
dick

16v
07-07-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Tkczecheredflag:

Tim Klvana
ITC ##11

http://www.speedarena.com/gallery/generated//Sportscar/ALMS/2004/03%20Lime%20Rock%20Park/02%20Saturday%20Practice%20and%20Qualifying/085__scaled_600.jpg