PDA

View Full Version : Can I get some help here?

lateapex911
05-22-2004, 05:51 PM
I have agreed to organize the NER information booth for next weekends races at Lime Rock.

Should be a wild event, as they have a bit of everything. Including our own Speed World Challenge, which is perhaps the best raing in the country right now. Past events have been phenominal races. Watching Auberlin start last and swallow the entire field in the rain was a real treat.

Anyway, NER is hoping to get some new people invloved in racing, solo and rallying, and the info booth is a great chance to introduce ourselves to the public. No more Secret Car Club of America.!

But we need your help. Not a lot either! Whatever time you can give is great, we would like to have the booth manned for Saturday and Monday.

The Region and Lime Rock are cool with the idea that you will get in to the races for free if you help out. We need 2 hours, and it can be done in one hour slots, if you like. Once we make arrangements, you just go to the reg booth, like "will call".

Please check out the Lime Rock website at Limerock.com for full racing info and respond to me at my email listed below to sign up.

The region thanks you for any and all help you can provide, and it's a great chance for us drivers to help out and not impact our driving schedule.

------------------
Jake Gulick
CarriageHouse Motorsports
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]

ulfelder
05-24-2004, 07:12 AM
First, mucho thanks to you, Jake, for doing this. Jake is quietly doing a lot to undercut the reputation we drivers have for never lifting a finger unless we're strapping in.

Second, here's something that was discussed at Friday's meeting: If you sign up to work the Information Booth, please do NOT think you can slide into the track, hang around the booth for a half-hour, and then watch racing for free all weekend (and maybe get a box lunch to boot).

Apparently - and I know we're all shocked to hear this - drivers have taken this sleazoid approach in years past. This year, there are mechanisms in place to see who's REALLY working, and those who aren't will be presented with a tab for $45 -- the price of a ticket.

/Steve U
05 ITS

lateapex911
05-25-2004, 09:01 PM
Just an update. I have received some great offers from some nice folk. Thanks! One guy even offered to buy SCCA clothing so he looked sharp!

I still have some slots open, so, if you are looking to get in to a great show super cheap, this is a great chance.

See you at the races, and thanks again to those that have already offered.

------------------
Jake Gulick
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]

lateapex911
05-26-2004, 04:48 PM
another update...

I didn't list the registration hours in my posts, so here they are: 7:30 -9 each day.

So you need to get there by 9 to be all official.

Now, if you have an issue, we can handle it, just shoot me an email with your timing and I will set something up...let me know a window of time if possible to make it easiest on the registrars.

And, this just in, our club merchandiser Donna Stevens will be there Saturday with club stuff, so if you need anything, bring extra $ !

Again, thanks a million for helping out!

------------------
Jake Gulick
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]

16v
05-27-2004, 03:20 PM
I'll be by to visit and take spy photos of Jake manning the booth

------------------
Doug :)
NER.org (http://ner.org)
the16v.com (http://the16v.com)
briansgarage.com (http://www.briansgarage.com)

lateapex911
06-01-2004, 02:22 AM
Turns out I could, and did, get some help!

So, a big thankyou to all who pitched in and helped out. The booth was, to my eyes, pretty successful, and we chatted with some nice folk who had aspirations to participate in most of our activities. Interestingly, I think we had a large amount of solid interest in flagging.

There were at least 3 solid flagging leads...guys who want to show up in 5 days for the Lime Rock National!! And one or two new tech recruits.

We had volunteers from solo as well as club racing and management arms. I'd especially like to thank my fellow ITers who responded to my 11th hour request. Folks who post on this site will know the names of Dave Gran (& his wife), Tim Mullen(& his brother), Karl Roth (good luck with the new hip, Karl), Tim Gelling, Dick Patullo, as well as NYR regions Phil Philips and his wife.

Thanks to you all!

------------------
Jake Gulick
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]

dickita15
06-01-2004, 08:14 AM
Jake,
you done good.
by the way those two brothers you talked to about flagging saturday showed up and worked a station monday.
dick

philstireservice
06-01-2004, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by lateapex911:
Turns out I could, and did, get some help!

So, a big thankyou to all who pitched in and helped out. The booth was, to my eyes, pretty successful, and we chatted with some nice folk who had aspirations to participate in most of our activities. Interestingly, I think we had a large amount of solid interest in flagging.

There were at least 3 solid flagging leads...guys who want to show up in 5 days for the Lime Rock National!! And one or two new tech recruits.

We had volunteers from solo as well as club racing and management arms. I'd especially like to thank my fellow ITers who responded to my 11th hour request. Folks who post on this site will know the names of Dave Gran (& his wife), Tim Mullen(& his brother), Karl Roth (good luck with the new hip, Karl), Tim Gelling, Dick Patullo, as well as NYR regions Phil Philips and his wife.

Thanks to you all!

My wife and I had good time chatting with all the interested folk who came by the booth. We were also very pleased to see the interest of the people who asked questions and wanted info from us manning the NER booth. We felt proud and happy to part of such a good group, SCCA and NER. Hmmmmm??? We might have to defect to the NER...... http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

Thank you Jake from Kim and I...

------------------
Phil Phillips Integra GSR #4
www.philstireservice.com (http://www.philstireservice.com)
Official Independent Amsoil Dealer for the ECHC
Distributor for FireCharger AFFF fire systems
Hoosier Tire Dealer

[This message has been edited by philstireservice (edited June 01, 2004).]