PDA

View Full Version : VIR ITB first lap.

plattoon59
05-14-2004, 09:30 AM
Just curious if any body saw what happened on the first lap at VIR Sat during the ITB race.
I (Black VW GTI ) was on the straight after corner 5B behind a 320 and 2002 BMW when someone punted me from behind off the track into the barrier.

dave parker
05-14-2004, 02:00 PM
I think the best answer is what did not happen on lap one. We had the ITB alfa off in T1 then coming back on and hitting the silver itb rabbit(#29 mike sperber). Numerous nose to tails because of that further back in the field. I got rear ended myself(thanks). Then the run up to T3 with the red SRX7(bill stuart?) going off drivers left.Then I came around T5 to see some big black marks going off driver's left and a golf facing the wrong way against the barrier.
Not a good way to start a race.
Of course the next 9 laps were not without more beating and banging... I had the same white CRX #44 hit me three times in the back.
The same guy gave me a nice swirley on the right rear side of my car when we came thru T1 with a SRX7 coming back on drivers left after an off.All i was trying to do was give the SRX7 some room.
Yeah it was fun,but lets remember that there are some of us who don't want to beat and bang each other.
dave parker
wdcr itc #97