PDA

View Full Version : LRP 05/08/04

moto62
05-03-2004, 12:36 AM
Looks like a lot of folks will be showing up for this event. What's gonna happen with group 7, sm,ssm,ssb,ssc, a total of 46 cars?
Group 8 is almost at the limit also, itb, its, with 37 cars. ITA and ITC is currently at 31 but I know of a few others that have not pre registered.
http://www.nescca.com/registration/current...count.asp?ID=80 (http://www.nescca.com/registration/currentcount.asp?ID=80)

Ray

dpc
05-03-2004, 05:18 PM
Say Ray, what was your best time in your old RX-7 (ITA Light)at NHIS. thanks dave.

Dano77
05-03-2004, 07:52 PM
The fastest time in my it?prod? RX-7 is 1;17;6. Ibelieve Ray went quicker in the prod version of his car. His it car time was a little slower.

moto62
05-04-2004, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by dpc:
Say Ray, what was your best time in your old RX-7 (ITA Light)at NHIS. thanks dave.

The IT lite?prod?GT? 7 did a..... 1:17.2 at NHIS.
Ray

moto62
05-04-2004, 02:12 AM
For those of you who are intrested.
http://www.weather.com/outlook/driving/loc...herLocalDriving (http://www.weather.com/outlook/driving/local/06039?lswe=06039&lwsa=WeatherLocalDriving)

Ray

7racing
05-04-2004, 10:15 AM
Hmm....looks like 66deg and low humidity. Good day for FAST cars and great racing.

[This message has been edited by 7racing (edited May 04, 2004).]

gran racing
05-05-2004, 11:12 AM
Looks like possible rain. I hate those in between days! To use shaved tires or not? Rain could be fun though.

------------------
Dave Gran
NER #13 ITA
'87 Honda Prelude

dpc
05-05-2004, 08:46 PM
No rain --- trust me dave

gran racing
05-05-2004, 10:45 PM
Mounting rain tires now...

http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/biggrin.gif

------------------
Dave Gran
NER #13 ITA
'87 Honda Prelude

gran racing
05-05-2004, 10:48 PM
Hey Ray, I didn't see you on the ITB list?!? Not making the trip?

Yeah, LRP is only 1 hr from me...

------------------
Dave Gran
NER #13 ITA
'87 Honda Prelude

moto62
05-06-2004, 01:08 AM
High:61°F

Showers

Wind:From the East Southeast at 6 mph

Precip: 50 %

Max. Humidity: 46 %

UV Index: 7 High

If ya got rain tires, better bring 'um. http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/frown.gif
Ray

7racing
05-06-2004, 09:49 AM
It's just scattered showers. The three weather sites all say the same thing, with a less than 50% chance. Don't worry about it.

Greg Amy
05-06-2004, 10:12 AM
Current counts:

ITS: 20
ITA: 29 (!!!)
ITB: 18
ITC: 4
Total: 71

SM+SSM = 41

There are 230 total entries. IT is 31% of the total entries; SM/SSM is 18%. That means that IT and IT derivatives are almost 50% of the ENTIRE quantity of entered vehicles for this weekend (in only 3 of 8 groups...) Further, I suspect this does not include entries that were mailed in, as a buddy of mine is not listed.

Tell me that Improved Touring isn't where it's at...!

Reminding you of the NHIS traffic forum thread, can you imagine what qualifying and the race is going to be like with 20 ITS and 18 ITB cars on 1.5 miles of track at the same time? That's a car every 200 feet...

ITSRX7
05-06-2004, 10:20 AM
40 cars on track at a time I have been told. The ITS/ITB group currently has a 4 car waiting list.

AB

------------------
Andy Bettencourt
06 ITS RX-7
FlatOut Motorsports
New England Region
www.flatout-motorsports.com (http://www.flatout-motorsports.com)

Greg Amy
05-06-2004, 11:05 AM
<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\">...a 4 car waiting list.</font>

Is that a first? I have never, ever, EVER in almost 20 years been denied entry into an SCCA event due to over-subscription of a class. Ever. In fact, one of the reasons I decided to come back to SCCA Club Racing was because I got tired of vying for entry into the various HPDE organizations that filled up on the first day.

This is a watershed event for us, and it's only going to get worse as the year progresses. I think this deserves some serious discussion on reorganization of groupings for LRP. I'd rather see some smaller groups combined - despite the potential for dissimilar speeds - than risk having to tell someone they cannot participate.

Is there any chance we could reorg the groups for this weekend to let more people participate? For example, here's the current grouping counts, based on the web info:

Group 1: 25
Group 2: 33
Group 3: 29
Group 4: 13
Group 5: 25
Group 6: 17
Group 7: 47
Group 8: 38

Groups 7 and 8 are seriously heavy, while Group 4 and 6 are undersubscribed. How about we reorg the classes as follows:

- Move all FV (Group 6) into Group 4 (FA, FC, CFC, FM, FS, S2000, ASR, CSR, DSR) to make 30 total
- Move the ITB cars from Group 8 (ITS) into the new Group 6
- Move the SSC cars from Group 7 (SM and SSM) to Group 8 (ITS)
- Move the SM cars out of Group 7 (SSM) into the new Group 6

The groupings when then look like this:

Group 1: 25
Group 2: 33
Group 3: 29
Group 4: 30
Group 5: 25
Group 6: 36
Group 7: 23
Group 8: 26

It would give the room for extra ITS and ITB cars, plus any SM guys that get cut off could move enter as SSM (or vice versa) and allow those on the bubble to race.

(Frankly, I don't care if the SSM/SM guys all want to be together. The point here is not to let them all play together, it's to let EVERYONE play. I sincerely doubt they would want to turn anyone away just to prove a point...)

With the popularity of the IT and Spec Miata cars, splitting the most popular classes into multiple groups is inevitable...

Greg

RSTPerformance
05-06-2004, 11:12 AM
Rumor has it... Their may be an Audi not listed on the on-line list attending... so bump the IT number up to 19.

It will be the slower Audi and IT WILL NOT BE THE OWNER DRIVING... PLEASE BE NICE!!!

I have to install a quaife next week on Tuesday and Wednesday before leaving Thursday for Pocono... That leaves no time for other repairs...

The driver says that he will only take the car for testing to check the Alternator Belt as we have had sooo many problems with that... but yeah I know the driver!!!

Please help me make sure it comes back as it was taken!!!

Raymond "A little nervouse with that many cars" Blethen

PS: So jelouse I wont be with all of you!!! Looks like it will be a great day of racing... Have fun and I will see you all at Pocono!!!

RSTPerformance
05-06-2004, 11:28 AM
Greg-

I thought that FV and FA was a very bad combo, and doubted that anyone would consider putting them together... However, I looked at the results from last years Liberty Regional and was very suprised at what I found.

Looks to me like their would certainly be more traffic to wonder through for the faster Formula cars, but it was a lot closer than I expected... Their is a greater gap between several of the cars in the ITS/ITB field, and I think that if we can do it they also should be able to!!!

Lime Rock lap Times, Liberty Regional 2003-

FV Lap Times: 1:03's
FF Lap Times: 56's
FC Lap Times: 55's
FA Lap Times: no cars

Raymond

itracer
05-06-2004, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by grega:
Is that a first?
Greg

No it is not a first. NER SCCA will make every attempt to let everyone who wants to come out and play, play.

The SOM's review the numbers on a regular basis, and I am quite confident that they are already developing plans to re-group.

Everyone should be prepared to be flexible on Saturday and you can expect some changes to the schedule.

Jason

------------------
Jason
ITB 17 (NER SCCA)
VW Scirocco

SamITC85
05-06-2004, 12:00 PM
Raymond,
You may need to add 2 more ITB cars to the list. The rumor was that another 2 Audi's would be at Lime Rock for the school and the race. 2 Blue Audi's to be precise. This is a rumor though and I haven't heard definatley from the owners if they will be there or not.

------------------
Sam Rolfe
TBR Motorsports
#85 ITC VW Rabbit
#85 GP Scirocco

itracer
05-06-2004, 12:03 PM
Double post (computer crashed)

[This message has been edited by itracer (edited May 06, 2004).]

RSTPerformance
05-06-2004, 12:15 PM
Sam-

That is awsome!!! by the end of the year maybe we will see 6 Audi's racing!!! They helped us sooo much when we started... Truly Steve and Pam Mcnary are two of the nicest SCCA members around. I have been hopping they would rejoin us for some time now...

I think that you need to move back and build an Audi also http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/wink.gif

Raymond

BillW
05-06-2004, 12:49 PM
FYI: Race Grp 7 has 7 SSC, 27 SSM, and 23 SM (57 cars). So there will now be 2 run groups:

Grp 7 = SSM, SSB, and SSC
Grp 7A = SM

This does not include novices that may sign up after the school on Friday.

(This info is From Ed Paul via Ken P Email)

Greg Amy
05-06-2004, 01:04 PM
Houston, we have a math problem...

I'm glad to see that the SOMs are being responsive! However, adding a race group to a time-limited, one-day event at LRP is not the optimal solution...

Can't we instead move the 13 FV cars into another group and give that group to the 7A cars?

Considering that each qually session is 20 minutes (with at least a 5-minute break in between) plus a maximum of a 20-minute race (with a 5-minute break in between) and a one hour lunch for workers, that's 8.5 hours. We only have the track for 9 hours (9AM-6PM). That gives us 30 minutes of "what if" time. That's really not enough "what if" time, considering there will always be sessions that require more than 5 minutes for cleanup and towing in...

We're cutting these one-day LRP events too close. We must combine and reduce the group count rather than adding them. The alternative is to make them Restricted Regionals and allowing only entries from Regional-Only classes...we deserve as much track time too...

Greg

SamITC85
05-06-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by RSTPerformance:
Sam-

That is awsome!!! by the end of the year maybe we will see 6 Audi's racing!!! They helped us sooo much when we started... Truly Steve and Pam Mcnary are two of the nicest SCCA members around. I have been hopping they would rejoin us for some time now...

I think that you need to move back and build an Audi also http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/wink.gif

Raymond

I think I'll pass on the Audi's right now. Something about the sound of a 5 cylinder that makes me cringe http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif Actually I am building a prod Scirocco right now so no IT cars fro me for now, though I stil have the green car in storage back east.

------------------
Sam Rolfe
TBR Motorsports
#85 ITC VW Rabbit
#85 GP Scirocco

supersmile
05-06-2004, 05:36 PM
Raymond,

Just a note from a FV driver - look at the times from the Aug. 9 '93 regional:

FC - :53
FF - :56
FV - 1:03
and
ITS - 1:02
ITB - 1:05
ITA - 1:03
GT1 - :56

I'm guessing that you guys probably wouldn't want to mix GT1 and ITB, and yet your suggestion is that its OK for the same differential between FV and FC. There is a safety factor that needs to be considered here, especially in cars without fenders or doors the potential is there for a lot of hurt if a FV and a FC tangle. Not to mention the speed differential they have over us in the turns.

I think the only answer is for us all to play nice out there and keep the day running smoothly.

Rob
FV #5

Originally posted by RSTPerformance:
Greg-

I thought that FV and FA was a very bad combo, and doubted that anyone would consider putting them together... However, I looked at the results from last years Liberty Regional and was very suprised at what I found.

Looks to me like their would certainly be more traffic to wonder through for the faster Formula cars, but it was a lot closer than I expected... Their is a greater gap between several of the cars in the ITS/ITB field, and I think that if we can do it they also should be able to!!!

Lime Rock lap Times, Liberty Regional 2003-

FV Lap Times: 1:03's
FF Lap Times: 56's
FC Lap Times: 55's
FA Lap Times: no cars

Raymond

RSTPerformance
05-06-2004, 07:18 PM
Last year (I think it was last year) we (ITB) had the oportunity to be classed with ITE... 56's - 58's and ITB was 1:05's - 1:07's.

Yes thats right ITE and ITB... We complained a lot but we ended up having a great race, it can be done. I wouldn't mind being with GT (big bore) either, IF the majority of them could drive, unfortunatly my ITB car seems to be faster than 80% of the big bore cars at a regional event in the turns.

On the other side, If I had a GT car I would love racing against ITB cars... "hey look how many people I beat in the race!!!" Actually in reality I love working my way through traffic so I think I would find it enjoyable (for the most part with a few exeptions for the unaware people).

Open wheel/closed wheel doesn't matter much as far as safety IMO both groups should be able to race without making contact.

While I do not expect the idea to go through I do think it could work.

Raymond

supersmile
05-06-2004, 07:40 PM
Well, I can't imagine it would be much fun for the FC guys when they caught us in the corners. Those wings help them considerably.

You're right, we should be able to have no contact; my point is that if open wheel cars touch wheels someone is going for a very scary ride/flight. There's much more of a chance of that happening with higher overtaking speeds.

Rob

RSTPerformance
05-07-2004, 12:29 AM
Rob-

Good points... agreed

Their are always so many different ways to look at a problem...

The truth is their is going to continue to be a problem... but the problem is one that we want... I know I want to see more ITB cars, its so much more fun with more people to race!!!

Raymond

moto62
05-07-2004, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by BillW:
FYI: Race Grp 7 has 7 SSC, 27 SSM, and 23 SM (57 cars). So there will now be 2 run groups:

Grp 7 = SSM, SSB, and SSC
Grp 7A = SM

This does not include novices that may sign up after the school on Friday.

(This info is From Ed Paul via Ken P Email)

This is pretty much what we would expect. Now we have 9 run groups. If all goes well, we'll get a ten minute qualifying in the AM, race one will go off at around 11:30, lunch, then the other 8 groups will use the other 5 hours. This can be done with 15 lap or 30mins, whichever comes first, races and have time to spare providing there arn't too many race delays but this is lime rock and we all know how that goes. The later races may end up being only 12 laps(that's $18.90 per race lap.Sheesh). Good luck to all the students tomorrow. Y'all should be sleeping by now. It's 1:38 in the morning so y'all won't see this until after but good luck anyway and we'll see y'all tomorrow night.(Tonight actually http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif)
Ray F. Boombalatti

Greg Amy
05-09-2004, 10:43 AM
Post-mortem from a competitor's perspective:

Well, we kinda sorta pulled it off. With a couple of notable exceptions (see following) all sessions happened.

However, the exceptions. First I felt a sense of dread as I watched an open-wheeler cream the downhill wall early in the day. I watched as our 30-minute float melted away as they extracted him and fixed the wall. Unfortunately, the 20-minutes-per race time constraints burned the ITA group, who only got in three flying laps before getting caught behind the pace car. That group finished 15 minutes later, still behind the pace car, so they got all of three race laps. Also, the ITS race was shortened (admittedly, self-assisted) because of carnage all over the track; seeing a lot of cars strewn about, being attended to by workers, the stewards chose to "Black Flag All" and checker at 5:55 PM.

Fortunately, while we had oversubscribed Group 8, no-shows and a couple of dropouts allowed everyone to play, AFAIK.

So, it came off, but not without a hitch. IMO, we got lucky to make the day with 5 minuts to spare. I was very unhappy watching the sacred cow Formula Vees toodling around the track with 17 total cars and the SM group with less than 15, while the majority of the rest of the world was cram-packed with up to 40 cars on the track with multiple classes. ITA got screwed, ITS/ITB screwed themselves, and everyone got, at most, 40 minutes of total track time on the day; most got less.

I revert back to my prior post for suggested regroupings. I realize that my suggestions were too late to merit consideration, but I ask that for future events the open-wheel contingent get dropped to two groups, and the rest of theclasses get moved around to minimize the total number of groups and maximize time for everyone.

And before you start screaming about "safety", take a look at the lap times from the ITS/ITB session. I'm a slow-ass ITS driver, and I was flying by some ITB cars much faster that an FC will go by an FV. Sorry, but we all have to compromise for the betterment of all.

Besides, would you be pulling out the "safety" trump card if it wasn't affecting your group...?

GA

dickita15
05-09-2004, 12:07 PM
this is said about half tounge in cheek.
change rules to read. qualifying in minutes and race in length shall be .5 times number of cars in race group. if a race group has 15 cars they get a 8 lap race. if you have 40 cars you get a 20 lap race. if a driver wants more track time it is in his best interest to encourage grouping that put more cars in his group.
dick

supersmile
05-09-2004, 01:32 PM
Grega,

However, the exceptions. First I felt a sense of dread as I watched an open-wheeler cream the downhill wall early in the day.

I felt a sense of dread, too. Like, is the driver OK? Funny, I think that when the sedans crash hard, too.

I watched as our 30-minute float melted away as they extracted him and fixed the wall.

I appreciate your obvious concern for his well being. I wish I'd have kept track of all the time other race groups, IT especially, have torn up each other and/or the track and messed up the sacred schedule. (Hmm, what about that time at NHIS when three IT cars creamed each other leaving turn 12 during a WARM-UP and left us sitting there for 45 minutes or so?)

Unfortunately, the 20-minutes-per race time constraints burned the ITA group, who only got in three flying laps before getting caught behind the pace car. That group finished 15 minutes later, still behind the pace car, so they got all of three race laps.

My educated guess on that is that the course went to double yellow because of an on-track incident, no? Why is that the problem of other groups? We've all had races messed up because of crashes, it happens, get over it.

Also, the ITS race was shortened (admittedly, self-assisted) because of carnage all over the track; seeing a lot of cars strewn about, being attended to by workers, the stewards chose to "Black Flag All" and checker at 5:55 PM.

Your parenthetical statement makes my case.

So, it came off, but not without a hitch. IMO, we got lucky to make the day with 5 minuts to spare. I was very unhappy watching the sacred cow Formula Vees toodling around the track with 17 total cars

Those sacred cow FVs have been one of the top 3 subscribed race groups for around 40 years.

and the SM group with less than 15, while the majority of the rest of the world was cram-packed with up to 40 cars on the track with multiple classes. ITA got screwed, ITS/ITB screwed themselves, and everyone got, at most, 40 minutes of total track time on the day; most got less.

I revert back to my prior post for suggested regroupings. I realize that my suggestions were too late to merit consideration, but I ask that for future events the open-wheel contingent get dropped to two groups, and the rest of theclasses get moved around to minimize the total number of groups and maximize time for everyone.

Time for everyone, or time for Grega?

And before you start screaming about "safety", take a look at the lap times from the ITS/ITB session. I'm a slow-ass ITS driver, and I was flying by some ITB cars much faster that an FC will go by an FV. Sorry, but we all have to compromise for the betterment of all.

I don't know what the lap times were yesterday, but I'll repeat that open wheel cars have a safety concern not present in sedans. I spoke to several FC and FA drivers yesterday and all were clear that they don't feel any safer sharing the track with Vees than we do with them.

I would hope that SCCA, a club that places safety higher than anything, will not be so hypocritical as to require harness changes every 2 years and yet mix race grouping that are hazardous just to accomodate your wishes. That means paying attention to both speed differentials, car weights, and car types. And I would feel the same if I drove an IT car.

Besides, would you be pulling out the "safety" trump card if it wasn't affecting your group...?

I could pull out the "fun" factor and the "sporting" factor or even the "fairness" factor but I'm sure from your tone you wouldn't care anyway.

Greg Amy
05-09-2004, 04:14 PM
Look, "supersmile", I'd love to take your baiting (and be offended), but for the most part I'll let it go because you make me laugh. However, some of your insinuations are out of line.

First, the FC/FA driver that managed to punt the wall in the downhill did so right in front of me. I watched him step out of the car. I had no concerns for his safety because he was obviously fine. Further, he did it near the end of the session, affecting the schedule for the entire event, not just his race group, unlike what happened to race Group 2.

Second, there's no need to "keep track" of the fairness of the amount of track time, because it was virtually the same for everyone: 20 minutes of qualifying and 20 minutes of racing (or 15 laps, whichever came first.) Thus, any reduction in the number of race groups will allow the schedule to be more flexible and allow all groups to expand proportionally so everyone gets more time. Yes, even me.

Third, there's no reason for you to have "fun" concerns, because every group got its due amount of time (as I so succinctly pointed out.) However, some groups had no traffic, thus no one to race with, while others had a significant amount of competition (the "point" of racing, I think).

Finally, while I'm sure your concerns are much more altruistic than the self-serving fact that you are a member of the smallest-subscribed group during the day (with the noted exception of the SM group that had to be pared from a 50+-car Spec Miata field), it's very hard to overlook that your 40-year-old class has significantly more opportunities for competition than most of the classes at yesterday's Regional event (such as the opportunity to enter National events and let's not forget the illustrious SCCA Runoffs). Despite the fact that your group encompassed less than 6.5% of the total entries for the day, you took up over 11% of the day's total track time. So, let's go a little light on the "fun" and "fairness" arguments, because you will get little empathy from the folks around you that were forced into a compacted, tight, schedule due to the number of race groups.

Most importantly, your cloak of safety concerns about open wheel cars is moot; if I asked the ITB and ITS guys about how THEY felt about being on the track at the same time as each other, I'm quite sure the results would at least match yours percentage-wise (but would wholly outnumber you in responses). Besides, if first-time driving students can do it (as they did in the two schools I've been to this year) then I'm reasonably confident that a driver of your caliber is capable of it as well. Big assumption, I know, but I have faith in your prior instructor's signoffs. If you disagree with this, please let the Division's Chief Instructor know.

Enjoy your trolling.

GregA

[This message has been edited by grega (edited May 09, 2004).]

supersmile
05-09-2004, 07:32 PM
Greg,

First off, I'm not here trolling and certainly not trying to bait you. Racing is racing, and I check out forums for many classes besides my own because unfortunately there is no central forum where all information for local events can be found. I look mostly in the Northeast forums so i can learn about what's happening in my area. I've been a member of this forum in particular for many years.

You are correct, at least one of my assertions is incorrect. I assumed you were talking about the FV driver who ended up wrong side down by the bridge, not the FC driver (who I didn't know had crashed). So I respectably withdraw any insinuation that you may have been less concerned with the driver than the schedule <G>.

Please note that when I say fairness, I don't really directly mean track time (nor did I keep track of it this weekend). I mean that anyone in our club who attends a race should have equal access to track time, regardless of how well subscribed a group is. Because there were only three ITC cars, should they have been sent home because their group was big? I would say no. I also never complained about the tight schedule; its how a one day event at Lime Rock is. My comments were directed at the suggestion that my race group be removed to allow more room for other cars.

As for fun, in spite of having a smaller race grouping, I spent every lap in a two to 5 car train, so the size of the group doesn't necessarily dictate who's racing and who's lapping.

Finally, while my class can indeed run Nationals, you can run enduros, you can run with NASA, and you can go to ARRC. We can't. And I don't want to be rude, but when you chose to run IT you knew it wasn't a National class.

This argument of ours has probably started to bore anyone who's still reading this thread <G>. If you're at Pocono stop by and say hi and I'll buy you a beer at the party.

ITSRX7
05-09-2004, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by supersmile:
This argument of ours has probably started to bore anyone who's still reading this thread <G>.

Not me!

AB

------------------
Andy Bettencourt
06 ITS RX-7
FlatOut Motorsports
New England Region
www.flatout-motorsports.com (http://www.flatout-motorsports.com)

gran racing
05-09-2004, 09:48 PM
From what I read, I never heard anything about doing away with FV's race time, just combining it with another class. Yeah, it was a bit frustrating watching a small group of cars run around after only getting 3 hot laps. But can you blame me? It isn't anything against FV either, just how it was grouped and circumstances. Too bad they couldn't have black flagged the group and given us a few more hot lapes. But understand the tight schedule and things happen. It is tough for anyone to pay $225 and spend that much time and effort for a few laps. I'm just glad that everyone was o.k. and we had a safe weekend though.

As for ITC, they were running with ITA so that is kind of a mute point.

------------------
Dave Gran
NER #13 ITA
'87 Honda Prelude

bg43wex
05-10-2004, 12:48 PM
Greg,
this passive agressive behavior must end. you had your oppertunity at the track to speak with every availible NER official and voice your thoughts on time line , groupings and schedule.

Did you?

I was the reason the ITA race was ruined, I lost a tire in west bend flat out in 4th gear. I have been told by some observers that they had not seen a wreck there like that in a very long time.

I'm OK thanx for asking..

bitching on this forum may make you feel better but it won't solve any issues, bring it to the regional meetings.

thanx brian M

[This message has been edited by bg43wex (edited May 10, 2004).]

RSTPerformance
05-10-2004, 01:54 PM
Brian-

I am glad that you are OK (and everyone else) and I hope knowone thinks that the race was ruined... accidents happen, we have to expect that... its part of racing.

Also as far as the schedule goes... Knowone has a right to complain about a 40 car field... It is a goal to fill the field isn't it? it is ok to offer suggestions just don't expect change unless you start "making things happen" IE: volunteering to help.

Raymond "trying to help" Blethen

SamITC85
05-10-2004, 01:59 PM
Brian,
Glad to hear you are okay. How is the car? Total write off or will it be back together again this year? If you need a car I know of one that you could rent very cheap or some other arangement could be made http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif
Sam

------------------
Sam Rolfe
TBR Motorsports
#85 ITC VW Rabbit
#85 GP Scirocco

bg43wex
05-10-2004, 06:00 PM
I'm good Sam.

the car will go off to the body shop next week and will be ready for Pig Roast in July.

Brian

Rent ? I can't afford to rent I have a body shop bill coming

67ITB
05-11-2004, 02:53 AM
Come on Brian,
Swallow your pride and give Dick Shine a call, he would rent you a car…MAYBE
And NO Eli WILL NOT loan you mine
GLAD YOU ARE OK Sorry to hear about the car, but I guess your brother needed something to keep him busy!!!!

Again glad you are OK (or as good as you ever were)

Matt Bal

emwavey
05-11-2004, 09:41 AM
I don't think Greg was not interested in your wellness, nor do I think Greg was uninterested in bringing this idea to a meeting. I do however think that Greg was interested in expressing an idea and hoping to gage it's weight... and maybe hoping to gain support for this idea with others on this IT forum.

Concern to all those who were in an incident was assumed my this reader... glad everyone is OK!

------------------
-dave
8)
http://www.nerdsracing.com

gran racing
05-11-2004, 11:49 AM
I'll take it one step further - I know Greg was first and foremost concerned about your well being. We all were.

But after we determined that you were o.k., it is unreasonable to address the scheduling issues?

------------------
Dave Gran
NER #13 ITA
'87 Honda Prelude

lateapex911
05-11-2004, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by emwavey:
I don't think Greg was not interested in your wellness, nor do I think Greg was uninterested in bringing this idea to a meeting. ...

Greg, forgive me here as I do not have your permission to repeat this, but I think it is appropriate.

Greg did approach me at the track about the Comp Board meeting and his frustration regarding the time and place.

I told him of my sfforts to make it and he asked that I contact him before I attend the next to see if he could possibly hitch a ride.

So I would say that he has, at the least, expressed interest in the system.

Now...I can't say whether he will make it or not, but ......

------------------
Jake Gulick
CarriageHouse Motorsports
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]

gran racing
05-11-2004, 09:13 PM
Jake,

When are the meetings held? What time do they start? I should get my butt out there as well... Too bad there are no meetings in the CT area.

------------------
Dave Gran
NER #13 ITA
'87 Honda Prelude

[This message has been edited by gran racing (edited May 11, 2004).]

bg43wex
05-12-2004, 12:17 PM
The next meeting will be 5-21-2004 at the yankee drummer / best western in Aburn, ma
it's at the intersection of rte 290,12 and the mass pike. meetings start at 7:30. most meetings start with financial reports.

If you would be attending and have an item that you would like added to the agenda please e-mail me at
[email protected]

thanx brian m