PDA

View Full Version : NHIS Results ??? two

Nick Leverone
04-29-2004, 12:21 AM
I have one other thing to add to this mess, I meant to find the driver of the #1 ITB car. I am not blaming you for my lack of winning the ITS race that rests solely on my shoulders, but you need to know when the leaders are coming through. I also am sympathetic to everyone's race on the track and don't like to effect anyone's race as we come through the field, but you greatly effected my position by clearly not seeing me passing you exiting turn six. I could tell you couldn't see that I was up to your door as we were approaching the left side curb at the tree and instead of being forced to run all four wheels off the track or have contact I hit the brakes hard consequently allowing the second place driver to get by. As well when I went by you on the inside exiting twelve and approaching the front straight you forced me into the cones defining the pit in, so I know you didn't see me because if you had you would have left some room. So I ask in a nice way, just be aware of what is going on around you, and I know this was a tough situation because you were in your own race with two other cars when we approached but you have to see us.

The corner workers do a great job waving that blue flag with a yellow strip and they were waving it.

Lastly, the ITS BMW you speak of is one of the best racers I have had a chance to run with. He runs clean and smart as do most of the ITS guys at the front of the pack.

I started a new post because the old one was maxed out I believe.

------------------
Nick Leverone
04 ITS Mazda Rx-7
www.flatout-motorsports.com

lateapex911
04-29-2004, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by Nick Leverone:
I have one other thing to add to this mess, ........
I started a new post because the old one was maxed out I believe.

They never max out Nick! Just ask Andy! http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/wink.gif

You guys should host some of your in car on your site!

------------------
Jake Gulick
CarriageHouse Motorsports
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]

Nick Leverone
04-29-2004, 08:45 AM
My computer didn't update the posts right away, now there are two on the original thread.

------------------
Nick Leverone
04 ITS Mazda Rx-7

irondragon
04-30-2004, 08:45 PM
Nick Leverone:
You are clearly frustrated because some driver from another race class got in your way and prevented you from doing better than you did, in ITS.
The driver who ruined your day likely didn't go home thinking that this was his greatest triumph. So stop the whining - it's Club racing and there will never be enough track time for each class to run a dedicated class race.
If that's what you think you are entitled to, then get onto the New Track Committee and get a track built where ITS can run alone.
Until then, get used to sharing the track . It's how we race.
Best Regards - Bill Miskoe ITS 26

Greg Amy
04-30-2004, 08:47 PM
Bad day, Bill?

ITSRX7
04-30-2004, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by irondragon:
Nick Leverone:
You are clearly frustrated because some driver from another race class got in your way and prevented you from doing better than you did, in ITS.

Bill,

I think the point is that there is a trend developing with certain drivers. You are one of the ones who sees the leaders coming and drive accordingly.

We all know that there will be fast cars and slow cars (no matter if there is one class or 5) on track at the same time. We all have our challenges - but the most frustrating and dangerous are the slower cars that don't see (or look for) the faster ones. We all can get better at what we do and we should.

I think the point was simple - do you have any other specific issues with the leaders? Sounds like you might.

AB

------------------
Andy Bettencourt
06 ITS RX-7
FlatOut Motorsports
New England Region
www.flatout-motorsports.com (http://www.flatout-motorsports.com)

DaveITB1
04-30-2004, 10:37 PM
Here is the contact, as captured by my video, starting from the downhill.

My thanks to Doug from the16v.com for hosting it on his site.

http://the16v.com/media/ner/NHIS10spin.mov

Dave

lateapex911
04-30-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by irondragon:
Nick Leverone:
You are clearly frustrated because some driver from another race class got in your way and prevented you from doing better than you did, ........ So stop the whining -
Until then, get used to sharing the track . It's how we race.

After reading this, I gave it an hour, but I still have the reaction I had when I first read it.

Now, I'm not close friends with Nick, but I have traveled with him and shared the track with him, and I don't see the same side of him that you apparently do.

<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\"> \"...So stop the whining ...\" </font>
strikes me as harsh, as Nick stated in his post, " I could tell you couldn't see that I was up to your door ...." and ..."and approaching the front straight you forced me into the cones defining the pit in, so I know you didn't see me because if you had you would have left some room....." , and finally, "So I ask in a nice way, just be aware of what is going on around you...." .

The way I read that, he's asking for a little more mirror checking, and it sounds like (Albeit just one side of the story) he may have a point.

I thought about how I would react in his shoes, and thats when it hit me...I'd F-L-I-P!!! Maybe that's because the time I've spent running at the point can be counted on one hand, errr, make that two fingers, and it's tough to hold that spot, but never the less, when a much faster car is closing, there has to be some awareness!

That said, a fast car moving through the pack can often be used as a "pick" by the slower driver to improve his/her position. keeping an eye on the mirrors is just good racecraft.

------------------
Jake Gulick
CarriageHouse Motorsports
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by lateapex911 (edited April 30, 2004).]

p99ro
04-30-2004, 11:37 PM
Well video look like yellow car drove right and went across bow of in car car.In car car gave room for yellow car.
I don`t know and I don`t care.
But that is what your in car looked like. It`s tight in there. Now If I was in a race group with 40 cars I would be in my mirrior`s 1/2 the time.If I was a slower car.Now The big boys seem to understand this fast car slow car thing and they too have problems. So next race is LRP so get over it.
Scott CRX 09 ITA NER

Nick Leverone
05-01-2004, 02:51 PM
Iron Dragon

Does this statement sound like whining?

I am not blaming you for my lack of winning the ITS race that rests solely on my shoulders, but you need to know when the leaders are coming through.

Read the whole post before making judgemental statemnets like the one you wrote.

------------------
Nick Leverone
04 ITS Mazda Rx-7

theracinglawyer
05-02-2004, 01:52 AM
I have been reading this post and wanted to put my observations in so that people realize what is happening.

There will always be back markers, Most are like me they don't want to ruin anyone's race, they move over so the leaders can race to the finish, even when My son is one of the leaders, I try like hell to make it fair , if I move over for Marc then I move over for all the front runners, no exceptions, that's the way I want it and so does Marc.

I had a situation in Ohio last year where someone accused me of blocking for my son, I still remember the guy he caused me a lot of grief, so much so that when he this year came to our team mates he was told he was not welcome. he asked and was politely told he was persona non grata,(not welcome).I feld bad I wanted to go over and tell him they didn't like what he said, he comes to the races alone with his wife, I wanted to tell him to come to dinner with us,but I remember the hell he caused me, so I passed. But next time I see him I will welcome he and his wife to our racing family. It all started with a bad judgment on his part.

What I am saying is the best way to deal with the issue is go talk to the person and do it Politely and in a nice way,God forbid your in a bad situation and some one wants to do you in and rams the hell out of you in a racing accident, then we all lose. And I don't want to lose anyone of my fellow racers.

If you don't like what someones does be a Man and go tell him how you feel. It will go a long way. If you resort to the official way and file a protest then you have to live with your decision. Trust me-- it's not the way to do it unless the person you have a problem with does not respond

------------------
Love "the commander"
Mike Cefalo
BE SAFE GO FAST HAVE FUN

irondragon
05-02-2004, 12:27 PM
Nick Leverone:
I'm sorry if I came across too harshly in my first post on this subject. At the time it seemed like you were complaining about an individual driver, while I felt that crowded track conditions were the real difficulty.
We all want to race, but 40 cars at NHIS is a real problem. Unfortunately, one to which I do not have a solution. Let's hope the New Track people can make some progress.
Meanwhile, we are all in this together and need to get along with each other, so I hope you'll accept my apology.
Best Regards - Bill Miskoe

ITSRX7
05-02-2004, 04:11 PM
Bill,

This year is gonna be a tough one. Our group has seen an explosion in ITS cars over the past 2 years. 24 cars at the first race? I think that is a 40% jump from just the 2002 season.

It's gonna be hairy without patience and focus.

AB

------------------
Andy Bettencourt
06 ITS RX-7
FlatOut Motorsports
New England Region
www.flatout-motorsports.com (http://www.flatout-motorsports.com)

Dano77
05-03-2004, 08:43 PM
Three Things.
Nick,you did the right thing backing out at the first race.I probably would have tried to move him over. cant say,Ive tryed to change my image as of late.
Mike ,A one race penalty was justified in your case. Don't not talk as things will blow wwaayy out of proportion as quick as my car thru the oval(ha ha).
Scott,never mind.
Dan

theracinglawyer
05-03-2004, 09:31 PM
Dan

theracinglawyer
05-03-2004, 09:33 PM
Dan

Glad to see you have not changed, life would not be the same if you did.

Nick Leverone
05-04-2004, 01:43 AM
Bill,

Apology accepted, hope to see you guys at LRP this weekend should be great.

------------------
Nick Leverone
04 ITS Mazda Rx-7