PDA

View Full Version : SUMMIT POINT DIRECTIONS

Bill Umstead
03-31-2004, 10:11 AM
I am in White Plains, NY heading to Summit Point this weekend for the first time. Can anyone suggest the "best" route to the track. I prefer less traffic, since I am towing my enclosed trailer. I am considering I-78 to Harrisburg, then Route 15 (PA)south.

Also, any suggestions for paddock location?

Sorry, I know this was discussed some time ago, but I could not find the topic when I did a search of the site.

Thanks for your assistance.

Bill Umstead

joeg
03-31-2004, 11:47 AM
Bill--Considering the distance you are going, why not use 81 instead of 15?

tdw6974
03-31-2004, 11:54 AM
Bill, 15 South will allow to avoid tractor tailers on 81. Watch for 340 to charlestown to head for summit. As far as paddock it will be very interesting as there is usually a line up that ends up being the "land rush" of the old west days http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/biggrin.gif .

------------------
Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1980 RX-7 ITA #63
"Hemi haulin' Rotary"

JohnRW
03-31-2004, 02:46 PM
Stick to 81.

Shortest way from 81 to the track: Get off at the Inwood exit, turn left, then in about 3/4 mile go right at the "Tee" (Luweegies Pizza...yes...that's how it's spelled...will be right in front of you at the "Tee"). In about 300 yds., turn left at the Sheetz gas station onto 51.

Go about 4-5 miles into Middleway. Turn right onto Leetown Rd., and you'll start to see signs directing you to the track. Just follow the Leetown Rd - it twists and bends but it knows where it's going.

As you enter the hamlet of Summit Point, there will be a raised railroad crossing. If you cross it at an angle, you shouldn't have a problem with trailer clearance (I have an enclosed 24', and I don't scrape...but you have been warned). Take an immediate right after the railroad tracks. Summit Point entrace will be about a mile down, on the left.

If you arrive on Friday evening, you will be paddocking in Kansas. Forget 'site selection', just find the first available level spot. Mr. Scott is building more race tracks, but he REALLY needs to build MORE PADDOCK for the big track.

[This message has been edited by JohnRW (edited March 31, 2004).]

Bill Umstead
03-31-2004, 10:14 PM
Thanks all for your help.

It will be an interesting trip, especially if the rain continues.

See you sometime.

Bill

JohnRW
04-05-2004, 01:04 PM
Hey ! "Luweegee's Pizza" (sic) either burned down or fell over, sometime after Thanksgiving 2003. Now the directions above should read " turn right at the big empty paved lot where Luweegee's used to be".

Kinda suprised to see it gone when I drove thru Inwood on Thursday afternoon.

Edwin Robinson
04-05-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by JohnRW:
Hey ! "Luweegee's Pizza" (sic) either burned down or fell over, sometime after Thanksgiving 2003. Now the directions above should read " turn right at the big empty paved lot where Luweegee's used to be".

Kinda suprised to see it gone when I drove thru Inwood on Thursday afternoon.

John- That must be some good Pizza!
You drive 360 miles to get pizza......
I guess they probably wouldn;t deliver huh?

~E.

Bill Umstead
04-06-2004, 09:13 AM
John,

Great directions to Summit

I just read your follow up post this morning. We wondered about the Luweegee's pizza shop. We thought the Fireworks store was the old pizza parlor.

Again, many thanks for the directions.

Bill

JohnRW
04-06-2004, 12:15 PM
Bill - you're welcome. Nice weekend, huh ? Rain, cold, mud, snow. This Nat'l needs to be about 2 weeks later in April.

My race lasted from S/F to T1. Got drilled from behind at the apex and it demo'ed the right rear. Some guys gots no brains...

Erwin - Wazzup with Racehopper Racing ? Saw your evil triplets Meindl and Joel this weekend, but didn't watch their race as I was sitting on grid, waiting to get punted off at the start of our race.