PDA

View Full Version : Test & Tune-LimeRock 3/24

aeronca65t
03-11-2004, 08:57 PM
EMRA Test and Tune day. Wednesday, March 24.

Event will run two alternating groups all day: Race Cars and Time Trialers.
Rookies with decent street cars may run in Time Trial class (after instuction).

More events and EMRA propoganda here:

http://www.emraracing.org/

Greg Amy
03-11-2004, 11:18 PM
Decibel limit?

dominojd
03-11-2004, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by grega:
Decibel limit?

I believe it is 89 db. Your car would never pass. I got dinked with my car at a PDA event last year with a muffler on the car.

Greg Amy
03-12-2004, 10:46 AM
Yup, I got tossed at PDA too...

What about the Spec Miata with the spec MazdaComp exhaust? Think that'll pass?

[This message has been edited by grega (edited March 12, 2004).]

7racing
03-12-2004, 11:09 AM
Greg: My SM did. But others wouldn't. Weird how we all had the same exhaust parts, bought from the same source, but they were different dBs. I could hear other cars OVER the sound of mine on the track.

However, I believe mine was at 89.

Jeremy

[This message has been edited by 7racing (edited March 12, 2004).]

Team Rocket
03-22-2004, 09:04 PM
The 3/24 EMRA test and tune day at Lime Rock is officially a "go" as of Monday afternoon.

Check out the EMRA website for more details.

www.emraracing.org (http://www.emraracing.org)

Jim

Greg Amy
03-25-2004, 09:17 PM
So, how did it go?

I was at LRP today with PDA in the Spec Miata. Dreary day. Cloudy, showery. The first session was dry, but cold; all subsequent sessions were damp and/or outright wet.

Second round of sessions an A/S Pontiac Trans-Am oiled up the track from NoName through the uphill; crews tossed clay absorbant all over it. Of course, mix a wet track, oil, and kitty litter and you end up with oily mud...

During the next session the track was red-flagged, and it stayed red for at least 10-15 minutes. I was in the B-paddock but didn't hear any announcements...soon thereafter a train of wreckers comes down under the bridge and hooked up to the lead wrecker was an effed-up 2003 BMW M3. And I mean SERIOUSLY fudged: front end knocked off, tail punched in, back glass gone, roof seriously creased. You could hear the collective "sheeee-it" as he proceeded into the hot pits. Best I can figger he looped it on the right hander entering NoName and backed it into the inner cliff wall. I'm quite certain he got an upside-down look at the world, judging by the scratch mark on the hood, roof, and decklid (that was sitting on the ground next to him).

My second session was up and I hit the damp track. It was absolutely dreadful: oil all over the track (almost lost the tail twice in Big Bend, and that was tippy-toeing around), mud in NoName from RocketBoy, and kitty litter/oil mud all the way up the Uphill. After negotiating that mess for two laps I figured I had nothing to gain by continuing so we loaded it on the trailer and came home.

Matt swears from now on he will never have a car ready before May at the soonest...

lateapex911
03-25-2004, 09:29 PM
Occasionally Matt has a good idea!

------------------
Jake Gulick
CarriageHouse Motorsports
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]

philstireservice
03-27-2004, 09:02 AM
should have waited for Wednesday Greg....track was in much better condition.

Can't say that all the drivers were in the same condition though.......especially those Miata guys... http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

------------------
Phil Phillips
94 Acura Integra GSR #4
ITS/H3/ST1
www.philstireservice.com
Official Independent Amsoil Dealer for the East Coast Honda Challenge
distributor for FireCharger AFFF fire systems
Hoosier Tire Dealer
Toyo Tire Dealer

dominojd
03-28-2004, 01:40 PM
I was at LRP today with PDA ...

I'll be up there 4/9 messin around in the street car. Hopefully it will be nice out.

------------------
Crazy Joe
#7 ITS pilot

[This message has been edited by dominojd (edited March 28, 2004).]

Greg Amy
03-28-2004, 02:19 PM
Joe, look for us in a white Miata with the orange tow van. Might also have the black Miata.

gran racing
03-28-2004, 06:55 PM
Ah Greg, you'll be up there... I'll be bringing my black civic to play.

------------------
Dave Gran
NER #13 ITA
'87 Honda Prelude

dominojd
03-29-2004, 05:54 AM
Joe, look for us in a white Miata with the orange tow van. Might also have the black Miata.

I will be in a silver spec V. Race car is not ready yet so I just want to get back on track after the long winter.

------------------
Crazy Joe
#7 ITS pilot