PDA

View Full Version : Comp Board meeting Friday

ulfelder
03-23-2004, 09:01 AM
Friday, I will attend my second Comp Board meeting as a driver's rep. In general, my approach is to keep my mouth shut and listen up for any news that will affect IT and SSM/SM drivers.

If there are any issues you'd like me to raise at the meeting, post them here or email me at [email protected]. I will use my judgment in deciding what to discuss at the meeting -- no black helicopters, grassy knolls, or demands to make ITS BMW drivers wear blindfolds! (Actually, that last one has potential ...)

/Steve U
05 ITS

jcmotorsports
03-23-2004, 01:04 PM
how about blindfolds and anchors for those BMW's!!!!! http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/biggrin.gif
john costello

RKramden
03-23-2004, 01:19 PM
How about asking why the entry forms for the next race aren't available yet?

RacerBill
03-23-2004, 01:44 PM
How about getting the 2004 GCR printed so it can be read. Topeka sent me two before they figured that the printer had a real problem. Right side pages are ok. Left side pages - you have to break the binding of the book in order to read them, as some of the text has holes in it (no pun intended, maybe). From what I can read, the rollcage mounting plate can be only 1.. square inches. Reaction from Topeka - "All the books were printed like that, and the problem was not caught in time.."

RSTPerformance
03-23-2004, 05:21 PM
I would like to know the NESCCA Enduro series schedule. Still trying to plan our season.

Raymond
RST Performance Racing

bgracing
03-23-2004, 07:41 PM
the club racing board has nothing to do with the printing of the GCR.

The entries for all races will be out soon.
we are quite busy this time of year sorry it's late. the first race and school should be activated this evening.

www.nescca.com (http://www.nescca.com) should have the schedule for the series they opperate.

thanx Brian M

theracinglawyer
03-23-2004, 08:21 PM
Steve you have a big job and I would like to thank you for taking it on. I know all the drivers and other 's appreciate your efforts on our behalf.

I would love to read a report of sorts as what goes on at these meetings.

A brief update as to the issues of the day could get us all started to think where we want to be in the near future

Once again, THANK'S

------------------
Love "the commander"
Mike Cefalo
BE SAFE GO FAST HAVE FUN

RKramden
03-23-2004, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by RacerBill:
How about getting the 2004 GCR printed so it can be read. Topeka sent me two before they figured that the printer had a real problem. Right side pages are ok. Left side pages - you have to break the binding of the book in order to read them, as some of the text has holes in it (no pun intended, maybe). From what I can read, the rollcage mounting plate can be only 1.. square inches. Reaction from Topeka - "All the books were printed like that, and the problem was not caught in time.."

At lease you can load the CD onto your system and read it...

RSTPerformance
03-23-2004, 09:43 PM
Brian-

The enduro series has not been updated on the website http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/frown.gif so... not a biggy, but If I don't go and the topic comes up just let us know whats going on.

Thanks guys. If I don't drive to NY to meet my bro for some drinks in the city then mabye you will see me!!!

Raymond Blethen

lateapex911
03-24-2004, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by RSTPerformance:
Brian-

Thanks guys. If I don't drive to NY to meet my bro for some drinks in the city then mabye you will see me!!!

Raymond Blethen

Gotta have your priorities!

------------------
Jake Gulick
CarriageHouse Motorsports
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]

dickita15
03-24-2004, 09:52 AM
raymond. I am the liason to the enduro committee for ner. we had a meeting at the divisional meeting 10 days a go. the 1 hour enduros will not be included in the series this year and the 12 hour at nelsons was added. all enduro's will earn the same points. I have not been able to get the schedule. no one is responding to me. i am doing the best i can at getting this info for you so just be a little patient.
dick

dickita15
03-24-2004, 10:03 AM
thanks again to steve for volunteering to represent the ITS/B guys at ner's road racing board's meetings. we are trying to get 2 drivers from each race group to volunteer. to date we have.
steve U ITS/B
Dave patton big bore
paul faford small formula
Lou Shames small bore/srf
no one for large formula, ita/c or sm/ssm

for the record the regional road racing board (formally regional comp board) is responceable for the schedule and operation of the NER racing events and the regions interface with area and divisional series. as brian said it has no control over national rules issues. the stuff you should be beating steve up are things like why is my group last,why are entry fees so much and why can't my race me longer/shorter and why are we grouped with those idiots who run xxx.
dick

RSTPerformance
03-24-2004, 02:21 PM
Dick-

Thanks for the info...

Steve-

I liked how things ran last year in NER... I think that Dick and others have kept us informed so I do not have any "why" questions http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

Hope all continues running so well.

Raymond Blethen

ulfelder
03-24-2004, 05:34 PM
Mike Cefalo's idea that I submit a short report to this forum is a good one -- I will do so Saturday morning. Thanks for the other ideas too, I will bring them up at the meeting.

The only thing I'll add is my reaction to the first meeting I attended: I am grateful and humbled that the same people who give up their weekends so that we can pursue our silly little hobby ALSO attend these monthly meetings, fully prepared to discuss their areas of expertise. The dedication of these volunteers is amazing.

lateapex911
03-25-2004, 12:23 AM
Dick- time and location? I MAY be able to attend. Would love to, but have to see if it works with the sched.

------------------
Jake Gulick
CarriageHouse Motorsports
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]

RSTPerformance
03-25-2004, 01:33 AM

[This message has been edited by RSTPerformance (edited March 25, 2004).]

dickita15
03-25-2004, 09:40 AM
friday 7:30 pm yankee drummer inn rt 12 Auburn mass. take exit 10 off mass pike, after tool both take 2nd right, rt 12N. hotel is 1/4 mile om left.

ulfelder
03-26-2004, 01:11 PM
Just checking, Dick - Is the Yankee Drummer the same as the Best Western?

Marianne
03-26-2004, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by ulfelder:
Just checking, Dick - Is the Yankee Drummer the same as the Best Western?

Marianne
03-26-2004, 02:55 PM
That was supposed to be a yes it is the same...