PDA

View Full Version : Any shops in North Eastern MA that sell Helmets, Suits, etc?

12-08-2003, 10:14 AM
I need to get a helmet suit gloves etc. but don't want to order online which seems to be the only way to find a good selection.

Is there any shops in the north eastern MA area(will travel though) that has in stock suits, helmet, etc. in different sizes.

Looking for Bell, Bieffe, and Sparco Helmets to try on, and Sparco suits to try on.

7racing
12-08-2003, 03:12 PM
Seymour Enterprises (www.theracedepot.com) - Worcester, MA
Forte's Parts Connection - Billerica, MA (they used to anyway)

Or, if you can wait until March, check out the Race-A-Rama show in Springfield, MA. Good selection and good prices.

Jeremy

dickita15
12-08-2003, 04:50 PM
hms motorsports, 3 first ave peabody ma 01960 advertises in pit talk
hmsmotorsport.com

Team Rocket
12-08-2003, 06:39 PM
I believe HMS Motorsports in Peabody (that's Pee-beh-dee, emphasis on the dee, not Pea-body for you non New England types http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif ) carries racing suits and gloves.

hms-motorsport.com

Jim

Team Rocket
12-08-2003, 06:41 PM
Oops! Repeat. Didn't see Dick had beat me to it!

12-08-2003, 10:29 PM
I drive right by HMS 5 nights a week on my way to work. I work the graveyard so it's closed everytime I drive by but occasionally I will see a nice looking BMW parked infront... working late I guess. I have never been in there and always planned to. Never new they sold safety gear definitly going to stop by.

Did the race depot move because I just checked the site and says Malboro MA. That is like 15min from me. http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

If only the race tracks where this close. http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/frown.gif We really need more tracks in NE.

Do you really get good deals at the Race-A-Rama show? If so I think I'll wait till then. The only problem is if I don't find stuff that fits me that day it's going to be crunch time to get the stuff before the first race.

moto62
12-09-2003, 12:09 AM
I'll second The Race Depot(Seymour Enterprise). Bought a few things there, suit, couple o helmets, etc. Very reasonable prices and excellent service from Bob, Howie(no longer there) and Harry. They have enough stuff there that you can try on for size before you buy and if they don't have your size in stock, they will have it at your doorstep in a few days. No, I'm not a paid spokesperson for Seymour, just another satisfied customer http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif
Ray

biovic
12-14-2003, 11:06 PM
HMS just re-did their showroom. They have all kinds of safety gear in various sizes to try on too. They do specialize in BMWs, but can get performance parts for just about any car. I think they may close at 6 on weeknights, but they are open on Saturdays. Check their website (www.hmsmotorsport.com) or call them (888-467-3269).

Ok, so they do sponsor me ;-) but it's the only place I know where you try before you buy up in the North Shore.
Victor

Phil Gott
01-02-2004, 10:00 AM
I can echo the great service you can get from the fine people at Seymours. They have a complete selection of safety equipment and race tools. Their in-stock hardware is oriented towards open-wheel oval-track cars, but they can get most anything from any warehouse.

03-03-2004, 09:47 PM
Can anyone tell me if it's worth it to check out the Race-o-rama that is this weekend?

For safety gear, what vendors will be there on friday?

Anyone that has been before can you tell me if the selection is good on suits, helmets, gloves, etc.

Thanks

[This message has been edited by 0100 (edited March 03, 2004).]

gran racing
03-03-2004, 10:19 PM
I went last year and will definately be going again this year. There is a lot dedicated to roundy-round racing, but still very cool. Suits - several vendors there where you get to try them on not just hope they fit.

If you haven't been, it is worth the trip. I'm going there for nomex socks and brake fluid. O.k. So those two items are just an excuse; but hey, when else can you get so much racing stuff in one area? Besides, it saves on shipping. (yeah, I know it costs $10 to get in)

(The NER SCCA booth will be there too)

------------------
Dave Gran
NER #13 ITA
'87 Honda Prelude

Steve Ostrovitz
03-04-2004, 12:49 AM
Yeah, Seymour Enterprises in on Rte 20 (West of 495) Close to Nothborough although I beleive they are in Marlborough. Good place. Lots of hardcore racing parts (rod ends, links, seats, durometers, pyrometers, etc...)Very helpful guys in there.

HMS is a decent place too, but they only have Sparco seats on hand. Had some suits on display too. I was just in there a couple of weeks ago. Bought some new hoodpins and some more yellow 200mph tape to match the 07 car. A very small selection of fluids and stuff. Also decent guys.

Indy Auto Parts on Rte 1 South in Peabody has a huge selection of hardcore racing parts, including fluids, Aeroquip fittings, hardware, and even pit and trailer accessories.

------------------
Steve Ostrovitz
07 ITS RX-7
FlatOut Motorsports
New England Region
www.flatout-motorsports.com

BB Racer
03-04-2004, 03:25 PM
I thought that Indy was my hidden jewel. I can't recommend the guys there enough, especially Dave. They can get a lot of stuff, including safety and they are great about getting stuff quickly. Usually in 1 day if you need it. They are definetely an outlet for all Red Line oils, and a lot of specialty things like the good fuel cans for racing, header wrap etc. that can't be found in Pep Boys/autozone.