PDA

View Full Version : from ITS to Speed Touring?

16v
01-10-2004, 06:48 PM
Rimpro had Levrone's car on display at World of Wheels today. On the windshield was a press release announcing that Nick will run a BMW in a few Speed events this summer.

congrats

------------------
Doug :)
the16v.com (http://the16v.com)
briansgarage.com (http://www.briansgarage.com)

ITSRX7
01-11-2004, 01:10 AM
Shhhhhhh.... http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

Here is the deal:

We will run a 3 race season in a E36 BMW. Three races allows Nick to retain 'Rookie' status for 2005 while our sponsor and my driving catch up for at LEAST a one car, full-season assault in somethiing RWD - probably an E46 325.

The events are the Double at LRP on Memorial Day and the following Mid-Ohio event.

You should see the car in the late Spring for some testing but we will be running the fleet of 7's in ITS as well.

AB

------------------
Andy Bettencourt
06 ITS RX-7
FlatOut Motorsports
New England Region #188967
www.flatout-motorsports.com
http://www.flatout-motorsports.com/images/200_06_checkered.jpg

JLawton
01-11-2004, 07:18 AM
Way to go guys!! Should I get my autograph now??

------------------
Jeff L
#17 944

ulfelder
01-11-2004, 08:54 AM
I was carefully holding that press release (at the request of Nick and RimPRO), so imagine my surprise when I saw a laminated copy tucked under the wiper of Nick's car at World of Wheels!

It is great news for Nick - everybody reading this knows he can drive the wheels off anything.

It's also a classy move by RimPRO. These guys are grassroots all the way - they used to autocross with us out at Orange Airport - and as they grow the business, they are remaining loyal to Nick and FlatOut with some significant sponsorship. Hats off.

Steve U
05 ITS
FlatOut Motorsports

16v
01-11-2004, 02:50 PM
doh! I figured that since it was on the car it was public knowledge and I just missed a post during the holiday shuffle

dominojd
01-11-2004, 06:38 PM
Congrtas to Nick and the Flatout Guys. This is awsome. I can't wait to see the LRP race. Show them how it is done at LRP Nick.

benspeed
01-12-2004, 06:45 PM
I can't wait to watch Nick and the Flatout crew on SPEED! After watching live o'course-at least the LRP race. Nick - best of luck and don't let those guys use you for brakes.

Also - didn't Steve U. pickup a not hot rod to run in ITS?

Cheers,

Ben

ulfelder
01-13-2004, 07:32 AM
Ben writes:
--------
Also - didn't Steve U. pickup a not hot rod to run in ITS?
--------

That's a HOT rod, son! Yes, got me a nice new ride (RX-7, of course) and can't wait to get back out there.

/Steve U
05 ITS
FlatOut Motorsports

benspeed
01-13-2004, 02:42 PM
Yeah - if that's JH's old ride all I can say is - oh, sh*t lookout front runners!

Cheers,

Ben

ulfelder
01-13-2004, 04:19 PM
Um, I wish. "Look out fellow mid-packers," maybe. Or "Look out Armco, I'm going to be going faster when I hit you."

And yes, it is the old JH sled.

lateapex911
01-13-2004, 08:49 PM
Just curious, what was the reasoning for the switch from one RX to another? Is the new one just better in many ways?

------------------
Jake Gulick
CarriageHouse Motorsports
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]

benspeed
01-13-2004, 09:59 PM
Yup - a really well developed car is cheaper in the long run than plowing tons of $$ into a current car. At least that's my srategy. I bought Kip's old car and was glad I did after the walk through with Kip and his crew chief. They did a stellar job setting up the car and making it more adjustable than I know what to do with. I plowed a ton of $$ into my car in parts, new motor, cooling, suspension etc. but I'm not a great mechanic. Sold it to another NE driver who is a really good wrench and that should allow him to improve his times.

Steve U. "not hot rod" typo dude - definitely meant hot rod. Although that does sound catchy for some of my past cars i.e my old 944.

Anybody know how to really put a data aquisition sysstem to work? I'm slowly figuring it out on my own but could use some pointers.

bp

ulfelder
01-14-2004, 08:15 AM
Jake: In my case, the old car was just dandy - I could have driven it happily for a few more years (and maybe I should have). But we've wanted to do a rental for some time now, and I had the opportunity to get a slightly superior car at an attractive price ... so the old one is now for rent.

Ben: Good luck with the data acquisition. As far as I was concerned, my Pi Data system was a $4000 shift light. But that's me - to pull a line from American Graffiti, "What a waste of machinery!"

benspeed
01-14-2004, 10:21 AM
I might be leaning towards agreeing. I burned an hour last night evaluating the software. It seems pretty weak. I was hoping to see sample data indicating the brake and acceleration points indicated on the track map and corresponding times. That would be helpful, but the product doesn't seem to do it.

robits325is
01-14-2004, 10:51 AM
benspeed wrote:
I bought Kip's old car and .....

--------------------------------------

Does this mean that Kip isn't coming back in 2004 with the same RX7?

RR
01-14-2004, 01:12 PM
Since this thread is turing ITS. May a put out a call, who is racing in ITS next year? Especially at NHIS?

ITSRX7
01-14-2004, 01:36 PM
FlatOut Motorsports will field 4 cars again:

04 Nick Leverone
05 Steve Ulfelder
06 Andy Bettencourt
07 Steve Ostrovitz

All 2nd gen RX-7's.

AB

------------------
Andy Bettencourt
06 ITS RX-7
FlatOut Motorsports
http://www.flatout-motorsports.com/images/200_06_checkered.jpg

RR
01-14-2004, 02:45 PM
Flatout with 4, oh really, I thought Steve U's and Andy's car was for sale or sold. Figured you guys had enough... WHo is Benspeed, bought Kip's Beamer or RX7?

robits325is
01-14-2004, 03:46 PM
11 John Stewart
25 Rob Driscolll
52 Jeff Henderson

Looking forward to trying to run the entire NER schedule this year!

Who's BMW is Nick going to drive?

ulfelder
01-14-2004, 06:00 PM
Aha, I will cleverly circle back to the original topic:

"RimPRO Inc. and FlatOut Motorsports announced today that RimPRO will sponsor FlatOut driver Nick Leverone in North America’s hottest road-racing series: Sports Car Club of America’s Speed World Challenge Touring Car Championship."

To read the rest of the press release, go to www.FlatOut-Motorsports.com (http://www.FlatOut-Motorsports.com).

RSTPerformance
01-14-2004, 08:28 PM
flatout website is not working...

BTW... The ITB Audi's (that run with you ITS boys) are not sure what they are doing, but when they do come out they hope to have another freind!!! and no that other freind isn't the side of a spinning yellow RX-7!!! :-p

Raymond

[This message has been edited by RSTPerformance (edited January 14, 2004).]

Greg Amy
01-14-2004, 08:33 PM
<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\">...who is racing in ITS next year?</font>

Not that it's relevant, but we'll be there in the NX2000, certainly for LRP and possibly for NHIS, Pocono, and the Glen. As the Spec Miata gets prepped we might make a showing in ITS until it's completely SM legal.

Then, we wait for the NX to get classified in ITA...did it just suddenly get REAL COLD this week...?

ITSRX7
01-14-2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by RSTPerformance:
flatout website is not working...

That link is wrong...check www.flatout-motorsports.com (http://www.flatout-motorsports.com)

AB

------------------
Andy Bettencourt
06 ITS RX-7
FlatOut Motorsports
www.flatout-motorsports.com (http://www.flatout-motorsports.com)

[This message has been edited by ITSRX7 (edited January 14, 2004).]

benspeed
01-14-2004, 09:44 PM
I bought Kip's RX7 - he sold the beemer last spring. He has started up a something called the Executive Racing League down south for IT style cars. Fields 20 cars and it's an arrive and drive program. BMWs, Porche, Jag, Mercedes and Caddy's. Panorama and the Rob Report will have marketing info in the next month issues. I'll run 9 NAARC races and 4 NYSRRC races (get to double dip the double at Pocono so it's really only 11 events). Andy B. was already teasing me that I'll be lucky to run the same times as Kip! (damn well will do my best though!)

I think Jon Gryzyk, John Costello and Eric King are going to run ITS events this year also. All RX7 guys.

Cheers,

benspeed

lateapex911
01-14-2004, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by grega:

Then, we wait for the NX to get classified in ITA...did it just suddenly get REAL COLD this week...?

Cold indeed, but not quite cold enough for hell to freeze over! http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/wink.gif

------------------
Jake Gulick
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]

ITSRX7
01-14-2004, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by benspeed:
Andy B. was already teasing me that I'll be lucky to run the same times as Kip! (damn well will do my best though!)

I think we would ALL be lucky to run the TRACK record! In case ya'll missed it, it's now a 1:14.527 ! ! !

AB

------------------
Andy Bettencourt
06 ITS RX-7
FlatOut Motorsports
www.flatout-motorsports.com (http://www.flatout-motorsports.com)

[This message has been edited by ITSRX7 (edited January 14, 2004).]

benspeed
01-15-2004, 10:11 PM
I bet you got your eye on that time as much as I do!

lateapex911
01-16-2004, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by ITSRX7:
I think we would ALL be lucky to run the TRACK record! In case ya'll missed it, it's now a 1:14.527 ! ! !

AB

Wouldn't it be funny if Serra got it first?? Ok, it's just a recurring nightmare! LOL...

------------------
Jake Gulick
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]

ITSRX7
01-16-2004, 09:32 AM
1:16.440 is the ITA record held by King if memory serves...

ITA in the NE is an AWESOME class. I am looking forward to seeing Jeremy in the 240 after some development - and I have confirmed that the ITA Miata can make OVER 125rwhp in full bore IT trim...

Anybody got an aborted SM project to sell me?

AB

------------------
Andy Bettencourt
06 ITS RX-7
FlatOut Motorsports

Dano77
01-19-2004, 11:22 PM
Wher did you get your info, it will take at least that to catch the shoes in ITA. Lots of surprises in store for comeing season.Cant wait to go test the improved Miata.
I will probably sell my 14X7 Panasports if anyone is interested. Diamond steel wheels live thru contact better.
Dan-o

moto62
01-20-2004, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by Dano77:
Diamond steel wheels live thru contact better. Dan-o

Whaddaya trying to say here? You mean the old "bump 'n go" Dano will be back? http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/rolleyes.gif
Ray
Oh yeah! Back on thread- Congrats Nick.

jcmotorsports
01-20-2004, 02:08 PM
i will run all the pocono, watkins glen, and lime rock races. maybe nelson and beaver run also. in my rx7 of course.
john costello

Blix
01-20-2004, 04:48 PM
Andy,
Is that the 1.6L? Email me at [email protected], I would like to talk pick your brain.

Eric
NER SM #12

[This message has been edited by Blix (edited January 20, 2004).]

dpc
01-24-2004, 11:54 AM
So drivers, what else is going to be new out there in ita land. Dan, I might be interested in those wheels. Jeremy, how is the room coming along for this shell that I have here. You are fine until the snow melts. dave

7racing
01-25-2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by dpc:
Jeremy, how is the room coming along for this shell that I have here. You are fine until the snow melts. dave

I was just thinking of that today, actually. I'll be in touch.

Jeremy

67ITB
02-28-2004, 01:48 PM
Flatout boys and Paula,

Congrats on a job well done, I have watched you guys put in a ton of hard work over the years and glad to see you guys again make the jump up in the world of racing.
Sorry for the delayed response, I just got moved into the "new home" and got the computer up and running…….. its been along trip……..

Matt Bal