PDA

View Full Version : Where to purchase transponder

RR
02-24-2004, 12:16 PM
Can someone tell me where I can buy a transponder in the NE region. Also how have the recharge type working for folks?

Blix
02-24-2004, 12:28 PM
You can get them from AMB if you want...I think the website is AMB-it.com, but often there is a region doing a group buy. It can save you a couple of bucks and help out a region with raising money.

As far as the rechargeable type goes...it's just one more thing to forget. If you have one car, just get the hardwired one, plug it into a fuse panel, and forget about it. If you have a couple of cars, and they won't ever be on the track at the same time, then you might consider a rechargeable one cause you can swap them back and forth easier, i think (I have a buddy who does this, but if you can afford a the cars he can, I don't understand why he can't spring for an extra transponder...)

Eric
NER #12

BillW
02-24-2004, 02:22 PM
The florida region is currently selling them at a good price.

http://floridaregionscca.com/transponders.htm

RR
02-24-2004, 04:17 PM
Ok hardwire it is. I never mess with wiring, so let me ask you a real idiot question. When you wire it to the fuse box, is there a place to attach or do you place the wire where the fuse has contact?

Blix
02-24-2004, 06:07 PM
I found a non essential accessory in the engine bay and ran the power wire to it, stripped the end off the wire. Then I pulled the fuse, tucked the wire in and jammed the fuse back in...then grounded the ground wire on the bolt that holds the fuse box in place. VOILA transponder on.
It may not be elegant, but it works

Eric
NER SM #12

lateapex911
02-25-2004, 01:57 AM
Or.....as we all switch our cars on and off with the big switch, just run it to that, and put an inline fuse on it. Easier, and no jerkin around with the fuse box.

And they draw milliamps. No worry there.

------------------
Jake Gulick
CarriageHouse Motorsports
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]

datadude
02-25-2004, 07:57 PM
You can go to www.neohio-scca.org (http://www.neohio-scca.org) and they usually have them

p99ro
02-25-2004, 09:35 PM
Hey I have 1 I want to sell its in great shape works well. Green light comes on and everything. I`m going to NH in April but I live in South west CT. contact me if you want it.
[email protected] Scott Haven