PDA

View Full Version : Enduros at Pocono

theracinglawyer
02-15-2004, 10:33 AM
We all know by now the Tri Region had to because of financial reasons give up at least temporarily the June dates at Pocono.

I suggested that we get a group and try and save the place for regional races by doing a weekend with a long enduro. Six hour-eight hour enduro.Practice Saturday, or a shorter enduro Saturday like may be three hours and a longer one on Sunday six hours 9-3 or 10-4.

The enduro series now developing in the Northeast can give us some ideas and hopefully help,

I suggest this type event because Pocono is expensive and we need a good draw to pay the bill.

If the June date is not a good date I WILL HELP YOU GET ANOTHER DATE. Don't ask how just get a date that a lot of racers can make and let me know.A few dates would make it easier for me to work with.

This could be a lot of fun. Ask the people who run the three hour enduro at the Glen or the enduro at Nelson Ledges.

Please don't interpret this as anything but an idea and an offer to help.I have no experience in running an event and don't think I even know where to start.

I have spoken to at least twenty racers that would consider coming, at least that is a start.

If you think this is a good idea or a bad idea let me know either way.

email [email protected]

Maybe I'm off base. But it's at least a start.

------------------
Love "the commander"
Mike Cefalo
BE SAFE GO FAST HAVE FUN

RSTPerformance
02-15-2004, 12:30 PM
If the race didn't conflict with a NERRC, NARRC or a NESCCA National race then we would certainly consider going.

I love Pocono!!!

Raymond Blethen
RST Performance Racing

------------------
http://rstperformance.bizland.com/rstsignature.jpg
RST Performance Racing
www.rstperformance.com (http://www.rstperformance.com)
1st and 2nd 2003 ITB NARRC Championship
1st and 6th 2003 ITB NERRC Championship
3rd 2003 ITB ARRC Sprint Race
4th 2003 ITB ARRC Endoro
1st 2003 AS NERRC and NARRC Championships

ITSRX7
02-15-2004, 12:34 PM
Mike,

Outstanding that you are heading this up.

My only question is whether an enduro is the right thing to do to generate money. I would think that it limits the amount fo cars you can get out on the track - and hence limiting entry fees.

I think the best way to get a lot of people to Pocono is to include the racing dates as part of the MARRS and NARRC series. With it being a points event for multiple clubs, it should draw. Having said that, I don't know if two series/Regions can share an event and have it be worth it for THEM.

I think you need to convince the Regions to add Pocono to their schedule whenever possible. NER has NHIS and LRP as their home tracks so the while the appeal to the NER is there, it is limited. The NARRC, yes. The NERRC, no.

Susquehanna, Philly Region, Central PA Region, and Norther PA Region all could be using this track - is that the MARRS series? I don't know.

Keep the ideas and facts coming.

AB

------------------
Andy Bettencourt
06 ITS RX-7
FlatOut Motorsports
New England Region #188967

supersmile
02-15-2004, 06:56 PM
I race Formula Vees, not IT cars but I check in on this forum occasionally as its a good source of news for Northeast racing.

I love racing at Pocono; being able to go from 1st to 7th to 1st all between infields makes this a drafting track par excellence. I regret that we don't have a second Pocono date this year and for whatever its worth would encourage a full race group weekend rather than enduro. If you want to schedule a shorter enduro as part of the weekend thats fine, but I'd bet that you'd find the non-IT classes would fill nicely especially if its scheduled on one of the weekends with no dates for NARRC or MARRS.

------------------
Rob Zatz
FV #5
NER

benspeed
02-15-2004, 10:45 PM
I'm all for another race at Pocono and will look at the calendar to see what I can suggest that won't conflict with other events. An Enduro would be awesome and should pull some cars. I think Andy made a good suggestion that we should look south for some other drivers who might be closer to Pocono. I'm going to the NNJR club meeting this Tuesday and will be talking about saving the date and seeing what we might do to get some NAARC points for a Glen race next year and two Pocono dates with NAARC points for next year.

Gotta give those NER guys with all the great dates at NHIS a run for their money http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/biggrin.gif

Cheers,

------------------
BenSpeed
#33 ITS RX7
BigSpeed Racing
[email protected]
NNJR