PDA

View Full Version : NARRC series Races ?

biovic
02-03-2004, 11:24 PM
Does someone know where I can find the official NARRC race schedule for 2004 ?
Are there only 12 races in the schedule, what happened to the July 4th event, and are we running only the 3 usual tracks?
Thanks.
Victor

RSTPerformance
02-04-2004, 10:17 AM
I don't know the answer to your questions but... You have raised an interesting point... I would like to see many more of the North Atlantic Tracks included in the North Atlantic Road Racing Championship. The series is great now, but I think it would be cool to see an expansion to at least Watkins Glenn and Summit Point.

7racing
02-04-2004, 10:31 AM
The NARRC schedule can be found at www.nescca.org (http://www.nescca.org) or at www.ner.org (http://www.ner.org). It includes LRP, Pocono and NHIS, as per usual.

IIRC, this is because of the regions that are a part of the NARRC series only run races at those tracks. The regions that hold races at Watkins Glen/Summit Point are not currently part of NARRC, so no races there. They have MARRS at those tracks.

July 4 falls on a Sunday this year, so only Friday/Saturday are availble for unmuffled racing. LRP has added a pro race for ALMS for that weekend, so SCCA does not have that weekend available (I think it would've been a National anyway).

I'm sure someone will correct my post if it is incorrect.

Jeremy

JohnRW
02-05-2004, 12:57 AM
NARRC could run at those tracks, if the series management desired. They may have bylaws or just a consensus about traveling beyond certain boundaries, but you never know until you ask.

The Glen and FLR Regions have hosted MARRS races at Watkins Glen, even though they aren't Regions that are involved in MARRS. MARRS have traveled to SARRC-land, and only one of the four tracks in NYSRRC is actually in NY. NARRCians and their series would be welcome at nearly any track.

Tell your series organizers what you want. They get precious little feedback from racers, but then have to listen to everyone bitch about wanting something different. It's not too early to start lobbying for something different in 2005.

RKramden
02-05-2004, 05:11 PM
You said:
"NARRC could run at those tracks, if the series management desired. They may have bylaws or just a consensus about traveling beyond certain boundaries, but you never know until you ask."

I'm sure that if a region that ran races at at any track other than Pocono, NHIS and Lime Rock wanted to have their event be a NARRC race, then they could. "NARRC" doesn't run races. Regions run races and make a business decision if they want the race to be part of the NARRC series.

AFAIK, to be a NARRC race, then regions must pay (about) $5 per car to the NARRC points fund, and that is about it. If a region thinks that hosting a NARRC event is going to get them a bunch of entries, then they are welcome to have one.

I know that two years ago, my region ran an event that had qualifying, a qualifying race for points in NERRC and a race that was for points in both NERRC and NARRC. It was our business decision to have it be a double NERRC points weekend and only a single NARRC event, not the decision of the NARRC committee.

As for the NARRC committee that oversees the NARRC specific rules, I'd bet that if a region wanted to host a NARRC race, then they would have a member on that committee as well. The NARRC meetings are heald each spring and fall at the divisional conventions and anyone is welcome to attend, see what happens, and speak up. It certainly is not a closed or secret meeting. http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/rolleyes.gif

benspeed
02-06-2004, 12:14 AM
This is some great info - I always wonder why there are so many NAARC races up in the hinterlands of NHIS - which, no offense, is not the best track.

I will see about trying to chat up making a race at The Glenn a NAARC race - that's a track that draws some great entries and evens up the travel for drivers hunting points. Not forgetting Pocono either-that track could use more entries per another thread on the site.

------------------
BenSpeed
#33 ITS RX7
BigSpeed Racing
NNJR

Fred Fox
02-06-2004, 10:22 PM
I'd LOVE to see a NARRC race at the Glenn. It would take away the dilemma I always have whether to spend my limited racing time/budget on doing as well a possible in the NARRC series, or "using up" one race weekend enjoying the Glenn.

Fred
#56 BMW ITS