PDA

View Full Version : Looking for ITb/ITC Car

JLawton
11-29-2003, 08:31 AM
I'm looking for an ITB or ITC car. First choices are VW or Honda located in the Northeast. Must be competitive. Would also consider Show Room Stock car. No project cars!

E-mail me at: [email protected]

------------------
Jeff L
#17 944

Tom Blaney
11-29-2003, 09:30 AM
Come on Jeff, don't be afraid jump right into ITA.... Get a CRX, and go for it.

Tom Blaney

ITSRX7
11-29-2003, 09:32 AM
Found this in the For Sale section of this site.

ITC #42 1980 Rabbit Posted: Nov, 28 2003
Well built and very fast,car was built from a body in white that was never driven on the street.
Shine Engine & Suspension.
Spare engine,Transmissions and car.
Has only been raced every race at LRP last three years and twice at Watkins Glenn.
105.470 at LRP. Many wins at LRP plus fastest lap in every race past two years.
$5000.00 (Will take out onboard fire system and replace with standard fire bottle and sell for $4500.00)
Excellent stater car, will consider taking some form of payments if someone is looking to do the school at NHIS in April.

Sorry to see you go now that you found out your car was fast!

AB

------------------
Andy Bettencourt
06 ITS RX-7
FlatOut Motorsports
New England Region #188967
www.flatout-motorsports.com
http://www.flatout-motorsports.com/images/200_06_checkered.jpg

benspeed
11-29-2003, 12:11 PM
Jeff,

Did you sell the 944? If so, hope you got a fair price.

Cheers,

Benspeed
#33 ITS RX7

Rabbit05
11-29-2003, 12:23 PM
Jeff,
I have an ITC rabbit for sale. I am asking $4500. The car is very competitive with 4 wins this year. Its has some spares and 2 motors and 2 trannys to go with it. You can e-mail me at [email protected] and i can give you some more details. You might have seen it at Lime rock. It is the Blue 05 rabbit.. John

Greg Amy
11-29-2003, 11:51 PM
<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\">No project cars!</font>

Hey, man, that's half the fun! <grin> We could put a sticker on it, park it in the garage at work, and wrench on it during lunch...<grin>

Seriously, if you get a V-dub, let me know; I know those cars very well. In fact, I just got out of my garage swapping the tranny (4 to 5-speed) on my A1 turbodiesel. Built several A1 GTi and Scirocco for ITA (way back when) and ITB. I'd be glad to help in any way I can.

You know I have a not-so-latent desire to build an ITB Golf III...

Prince Makaha
11-30-2003, 10:37 AM
Whatever happened to the plymouth horizon TC-3 that was always winning at summit point a couple of years back?

Greg Amy
11-30-2003, 12:10 PM
<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\">...plymouth horizon TC-3...</font>

There ya go, Jeff: an ITB ChryCo 2.2L. Bullet-proof engine and tranny, "ok" chassis that can be fixed with a good cage design. I know these cars, too, as I built and raced an ITA Shelby Charger and SSA Shelby CSX, both successfully. I think this car has a lot of potential.

C'mon, man, let's build a car! http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

RacerBill
12-01-2003, 12:16 AM
grega: Please email me at [email protected]. I am in the process of building up an 83 Shelby Charger that raced Showroom Stock at one time, into an ITA. I could use some pointers on prep.

Thanks.

JackH55
12-02-2003, 09:08 PM
Well,
If we are talking ITA- Our ITA VW is for sale. Only Raced 2x this year but it had a First and 2nd at Watkins Glen.

Former OMP Challenge winner and has finished
1st, 4th & 9th at ARRC + an 11th after a bad guage caused the driver to shut it down with a lap to go.

BTW Johns Rabbit is a good car- We built it.
It held a lap record at Watkins Glen.

[email protected]

ulfelder
12-03-2003, 08:42 AM
Sure you don't want to buy an ITS Mazda, Jeff? I promise it'll be cheap compared to a Porsche! ; )

EV
12-03-2003, 02:28 PM
Last I heard Jay Frye's Scirocco is still for sale. It is a fast car. I think it's in the classifieds section of this site.

------------------
Enjoy,
Bill

Prince Makaha
12-14-2003, 07:37 AM
Steve Hoffman's 1983 Horizon/Turismo TC-3 would still be a front runner or race winner today running 1:32s at summit point.

I'm surprised nobody else has been running this car...........unless there are none to be found anymore.