PDA

View Full Version : Roll Cage Builders in CT?

VTECAcuraGSR
11-29-2003, 12:05 PM
Guys I am looking to enter the crazy world of racing and I need to know of some good rol cage builders for my Acura Integra GSR. Can anyone offer any opinions? What is the usually costs for cages? Thanks!

-Jeremy

Jake
11-29-2003, 12:22 PM
You've got a couple of options. Kirk Racing can sell you a pre-bent cage that you can either bolt on or have welded on.

Also, check out CFR Welding in Manchester, CT. He's very good and also a fellow racer.

Jake
11-29-2003, 12:25 PM
BTW, I have a bud with ITS Integra GSR with engine problems - might be worth looking into. Check out: www.gsir.org (http://www.gsir.org)

VTECAcuraGSR
11-29-2003, 02:06 PM
I was looking into the Kirk Pre bent kit actually, but it still looks like a lot of work... Anybody gone this approach? Does it really save you money? I am looking at what the cost of a serious headache is and I keep thinking it may be easier to send it to someone. I am very eager to listen please let me know what you think. Thanks all in advance!

-Jeremy

lateapex911
11-29-2003, 03:37 PM
Welcome to the madness!
CFR does nice work. Where are you? If you are in lower CT, consider John Weisberg. Nice guy, good work, reasonable prices. Plenty of other IT guys have his cages, as well as some Speed Challenge cars.

Price?? Depends on how crazy you want to get. But I would budget about 1400 to 1800 for a "better" cage.

Keep in mind that most cage builders will want the car stripped of it's interior, and glass.

Shoot me an email if you would like phone #s.

------------------
Jake Gulick
CarriageHouse Motorsports
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]

DB
11-29-2003, 06:32 PM
Northern Fabrication does nice work. Don't have a number but there's usually an ad in pit talk.
DB

moto62
11-29-2003, 06:40 PM
I'll second the John Weisberg deal. He did my 2g integra at a reasonable price and a fine job it was. [email protected].
Ray

eprodrx7
11-29-2003, 08:46 PM
Jake/Ray,
Thanks for the nod. I have changed my ISP so the address you gave will be outdated soon. New one is [email protected] or you can call me at 203-380-8667. As Ray said I did the cage in his 2g integra and I also did a 3g for Anthony Serra along with about half the ITS field at any given race. Let me know if you are interested. BTW I am located in Stratford CT.

John Weisberg
BERG Racing
Stratford CT

RSTPerformance
12-01-2003, 12:32 AM
Chris Howard does great work if you are willing to travel to Mass. he did our cars a while back for a great price (under $1,000), took about 2 days from when we droped it off. We off course had the entire car stripped. He knows what is best for safety as well as for performance (IE: stiffening the car). Just another option, I think that all those mentioned above also do great work... Make sure you get a cage done by someone who has done one before. The cage is not something you want to chince on and is something SCCA takes a close look at (as they should). Not sure Chris Howards # off hand but I am sure that you could find it from someone at Shine Racing Services. YOu would not be disapointed by his craftsmanship.

Raymond

------------------
http://rstperformance.bizland.com/rstsignature.jpg
RST Performance Racing
www.rstperformance.com (http://www.rstperformance.com)
1st and 2nd 2003 ITB NARRC Championship
1st and 6th 2003 ITB NERRC Championship
3rd 2003 ITB ARRC Sprint Race
4th 2003 ITB ARRC Endoro
1st 2003 AS NERRC and NARRC Championships

racerdrew43
12-02-2003, 12:54 PM
I can vouch for CFR. tangerineracing.com
Good Luck

BrianB
12-02-2003, 08:28 PM
I'm sure everyone mentioned is excellent! John Weisberg did my cage and did an excellent job!He's a good guy,quality work. you wont be disapointed!
B